27 August 2019
Y (Seat only) to PE
1 pax
Bid $110 + silver uplift
Accepted five days out
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: NZ*E
sorry to ask here - please move accordingly
I am looking at a work trip to the States, NZ website found the right flights but the travel engine at corporate only give a UA ticket
question, I cannot request for any upgrade using oneup, APD or recognition if booked on UA ticket?

thanks
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
sorry to ask here - please move accordingly
I am looking at a work trip to the States, NZ website found the right flights but the travel engine at corporate only give a UA ticket
question, I cannot request for any upgrade using oneup, APD or recognition if booked on UA ticket?

thanks
Yep need to be on NZ ticket stock
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yep need to be on NZ ticket stock
thanks nzkarit - I will ensure that it is but it would be hurting rats talking to anyone that makes sense at that company
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Pretty much 100% success rate on NZ 101 AKL - SYD and NZ108 SYD - AKL on my 2 return trips per week since May.

$100-$115 (poor) with Elite uplift. Economy to PE

Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Pretty much 100% success rate on NZ 101 AKL - SYD and NZ108 SYD - AKL on my 2 return trips per week since May.

$100-$115 (poor) with Elite uplift. Economy to PE

I am curious, aren't there short haul APDs? Why use Oneup? Is it cheaper? I have never had the opportunity to use them.
​​​​​
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I am curious, aren't there short haul APDs? Why use Oneup? Is it cheaper? I have never had the opportunity to use them.
​​​​​
I'm puzzled to as it's only $100 for an APD upgrade.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm puzzled to as it's only $100 for an APD upgrade.
APD balance pretty low due to USA APD upgrades pending for September October November

Company policy is I get to use APD personally but get to travel PE for work TT. It’s cheaper to book economy and chuck in $100 ish oneup than it is to pay real $ for PE.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Does anyone have any experience with One-Up upgrades for Y to SkyCouch/PE on the AKL-TPE route? Obviously the AKL-ICN route hasn't started, but it would be good to be able to get a ballpark estimate.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold, UAL, Delta, AA, SouthWest
NZ99 AKL NRT
2 October
Y to PE
1 pax
bid $390 + Gold uplift
Accepted 8 hours before departure

Arrived at airport for checkin and was further bumped to Business. My jaw just about hit the floor.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by farrsight

NZ99 AKL NRT
2 October
Y to PE
1 pax
bid $390 + Gold uplift
Accepted 8 hours before departure

Arrived at airport for checkin and was further bumped to Business. My jaw just about hit the floor.
thats a nice position to be in
did you walk back to PE to see if it was full? I know CX do heaps of ops up for their top tier pax but for the past 8 years as Elite, it only happened once without me putting in a request
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
thats a nice position to be in
did you walk back to PE to see if it was full? I know CX do heaps of ops up for their top tier pax but for the past 8 years as Elite, it only happened once without me putting in a request
I think that's the difference with Air NZ. Their cabins particularly to North America are so full with paying pax that there is no space for comped op upgrades.

I've been told it's not uncommon that the only 2 upgrades to BP are the lucky pax who managed to score the R class.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:33 pm

I think that's the difference with Air NZ. Their cabins particularly to North America are so full with paying pax that there is no space for comped op upgrades.

I've been told it's not uncommon that the only 2 upgrades to BP are the lucky pax who managed to score the R class.

that I understand having to return from LAX a few weeks ago and without my RU cleared.

if that’s the case NZ should look at the number of J seats it should configure on its 77Ws. Look at how many CX has on the same plane

for me, my major route is HKG, and even so, I never got op up....

I would really appreciate this perk.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:16 am

Missed out on a PE to BP Elite APD upgrade on NZ5 this evening. Both 1 and 5 chokka incl my understanding of some pax from SFO since NZ8 has been cancelled two nights in a row.

I'd need to check my stats but I've probably had pretty close to 25 flights in a row without an upgrade failing so it had to come to and end eventually. 😭
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Missed out on a PE to BP Elite APD upgrade on NZ5 this evening. Both 1 and 5 chokka incl my understanding of some pax from SFO since NZ8 has been cancelled two nights in a row.

I'd need to check my stats but I've probably had pretty close to 25 flights in a row without an upgrade failing so it had to come to and end eventually. 😭
They probably saw your track record and thought they'd better give the other PAX a chance. 😜

Did you pay for PE or did at least one of the APD upgrade sector clear?

And this is the OneUp bids thread, not the APD/RU thread.
jawnbc likes this.

Last edited by sonyxperiageek; Oct 20, 2019 at 12:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.