Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
Being petty, but with respect to the anytime access, don't you need a BP to get past security?
In Australia domestic, no.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by anat0l
In Australia domestic, no.
Some are landside two, e.g MEL
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Non Flyers are quite able to go Airside in domestic Australian Airports.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Interesting, cheers for the replies
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Yup mine came through on Friday. If you choose the Europcar status match then you can apply for an Accor status match once the Europcar one comes through.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Velocity Status Match

I, like many, have taken advantage of the status match that Virgin were offering recently. I'm just wondering how any other FT members who have done the same, plan on using their 4 complimentary upgrades?

To use the upgrades for the majority of their flights, it will just upgrade your fare from a Flexi fare to a Premium one, but most of the Premium benefits are ones that Platinum members receive anyway, aren't they?

It looks like the best value would be to use the upgrades to go to Business Class, however, it looks like their only Business offering is for flights to/from Perth. At least that's the only ones that I can find for Australian domestic flights.

Keen to hear people's thoughts?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:55 pm

Had a chat recently with some one from NZ about loyalty etc. Mentioned that DJ had status matched my Gold and ...... not a peep, no concern whatsoever that DJ poaching NZ players.
Seems that NZ really could not care less about what DJ doing ('cept for reducing SP earning ability), maybe there is a move to go with Virgin when they come into the *A early next year (by end June anyway). Then when Richard owns NZ and it becomes Virgin Pacific, (will make big change to Asia runs) the ones who swapped over now have that head start over those staying around. if you think all the free AP membership, boosts members, dollars will be turned to miles and all those $$M will go off the books.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Had a chat recently with some one from NZ about loyalty etc. Mentioned that DJ had status matched my Gold and ...... not a peep, no concern whatsoever that DJ poaching NZ players.
Seems that NZ really could not care less about what DJ doing ('cept for reducing SP earning ability), maybe there is a move to go with Virgin when they come into the *A early next year (by end June anyway). Then when Richard owns NZ and it becomes Virgin Pacific, (will make big change to Asia runs) the ones who swapped over now have that head start over those staying around. if you think all the free AP membership, boosts members, dollars will be turned to miles and all those $$M will go off the books.
It seems that all Airpoints cares about is the domestic New Zealand market which is why NZ forced DJ to change only the domestic earning. I guess we won't see any positive changes unless we see a new loyalty manager with better understanding of the loyalty on the world stage. Also are you sure about DJ joining *A next year?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:53 pm

The key question for me is whether there is any unpublished advantage to being NZ*GOLD ELITE rather than DJ Platinum - or do they level peg when flying NZ?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
The key question for me is whether there is any unpublished advantage to being NZ*GOLD ELITE rather than DJ Platinum - or do they level peg when flying NZ?
I'd assume so - *G must be treated the same as NZ*G, so would imagine it would be the same, even though DJ is not part of the * alliance.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
I'm quite sure that NZ*E will remain prioritized ahead of DJ*P (or whatever) in both official and unpublished benefits.

Originally Posted by brenrox
I'd assume so - *G must be treated the same as NZ*G, so would imagine it would be the same, even though DJ is not part of the * alliance.
This is not correct. NZ*G is treated better than UA*G for sure.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:33 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ajnz
Absolutely. Most *A carriers will put their own Gold members ahead of others, often providing significant additional benefits (fast-track security, upgrade priority, premium seat row access, etc.) above and beyond those provided as standard through *A status.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:57 pm

Got my DJ Gold pack today.

Like the personalised luggage tags X2 and the metal screw (not cheap plastic) tag ties. Very impressive packaging as well - pull the little white tag and both sides of the pack open up - one side your card then turn over and the other side has the luggage tags.

Fraid it makes NZ stuff look really cheap and nasty, a lesson for them maybe that the little things are the ones that count.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Got my DJ Gold pack today.

Like the personalised luggage tags X2 and the metal screw (not cheap plastic) tag ties. Very impressive packaging as well - pull the little white tag and both sides of the pack open up - one side your card then turn over and the other side has the luggage tags.

Fraid it makes NZ stuff look really cheap and nasty, a lesson for them maybe that the little things are the ones that count.
I am still waiting for my confirmation. I emailed away my details 1 week ago for gold match, not heard anything yet......
Old Oct 4, 2011, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
I'm quite sure that NZ*E will remain prioritized ahead of DJ*P (or whatever) in both official and unpublished benefits.

Sorry I just going by what a FA told me - the policy is probably there in writing, but not in practice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.