Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Platinum Effect

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: ST FB Plat, TK *A Gold
Plat since November 22. Didn't get any special treatment on our last flight to GRU in J apart from the purser coming up to me, presenting himself and asking if there's anything he could do for me before the flight. Flight (the day before Christmas Eve) was completely full and the service felt rushed.

P.s. I am getting the same PlatiSpam effect. 1 email per day since beginning of last week. If this is one of their NEW benefits I'd like to downgrade back to Gold
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by diesel7
I am getting the same PlatiSpam effect. 1 email per day since beginning of last week. If this is one of their NEW benefits I'd like to downgrade back to Gold
Do you have a booking for an upcoming flight in your account ?
The spam effect stopped yesterday after I booked a flight.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: FB Plat
My spamming also stoped and I haven't booked anything new. My guess is that they fixed the email bug
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: ST FB Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by Azeotrope
Do you have a booking for an upcoming flight in your account ?
The spam effect stopped yesterday after I booked a flight.
Yes, I have 2 different bookings for upcoming flights in my account. I've sent the FB customer service a message, I'll let you know if I get any response.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Ever since I became Platinum, I noticed the middle seat frequently getting blocked shortly after I selected mine in an empty row. Traveled AMS - DXB a few days ago and I had an empty middle seat in Y despite the flight being pretty full. Not many other seats were blocked on the seat map.

Not sure if this is a Plat thing, but I surely appreciate when it happens.
petitaix likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: FB
I'll confirm all the above. I've traveled with Mrs. BubbaX on separate tickets and, on her seat assignment page, seen the blocked seat directly next to mine (on AF) move with me through the cabin. Many times flying alone, I've noted that, if the middle seat next to me is taken, the flight is completely full.

Mrs BubbaX made platinum herself at the end of November. For some reason, she's been getting the daily welcome messages in the last few days. Myself, I think this is year five in a row, and I've not even got a "welcome to another year of the grind" message.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:39 am

I had a CPT-CDG flight -not full in Y (but full in C). 2-3 days before flight I selected the bulkhead (15A) on the 787. 15B remained empty and 15C was occupied by another plat member. Purser came to announce herself, ask if everything is okay and if we need anything.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
My spamming also stoped and I haven't booked anything new. My guess is that they fixed the email bug
Nope! spoke too fast, I got again the email with "Congrats, you have renewed your status!"...
They really need to fix this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Nope! spoke too fast, I got again the email with "Congrats, you have renewed your status!"...
Got it again today as well after a rest since beginning of the week.
Noticed an issue with dates on flying blue website (not on AF/KL website) since my qualification date is usually 31/10. However, i did not get any « free plat year in the process ». Still at 5 and 5 to go until PFL.
Last activity is also supposed to be on January 5th and not 1st…
Attached Images  
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
I got an email again today and wrote Flying Blue, which responded pretty much immediately:

Code:
Dear FlyingGreen,

Thank you for your message regarding received massages confirming your status in Flying Blue loyalty program.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Let me assure you our technical department team is aware about the issues, and we are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding. We remain available for further assistance. Please be reminded that you can also contact us via chat or via the Social Media channels Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Instagram.

Kind regards,
XXX from your Flying Blue team
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingGreen
Code:
Thank you for your message regarding received massages confirming your status in Flying Blue loyalty program.
Where do I book these massages?
fifty_two, Solevita and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by canadavid
Got it again today as well after a rest since beginning of the week.
Noticed an issue with dates on flying blue website (not on AF/KL website) since my qualification date is usually 31/10. However, i did not get any « free plat year in the process ». Still at 5 and 5 to go until PFL.
Last activity is also supposed to be on January 5th and not 1st…
I remember in an old post in this forum that the free extension of the platinum status during the 2 years of travel restriction do not count towards platinum for life.
In my case in 2020/2021 I did not benefit of the free status extension as I had enough XP to renew it. My account was deducted of the 300 XP and my PLF counter did increase accordingly
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:09 pm

Pretty sure has been discussed before but has anybody tried (as Plat) to get on an earlier flight (for free) at the airport? I am specifically looking for a long connection XXX-CDG-AMS and whether possible to get on an earlier CDG-AMS (out of the plenty)?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Pretty sure has been discussed before but has anybody tried (as Plat) to get on an earlier flight (for free) at the airport? I am specifically looking for a long connection XXX-CDG-AMS and whether possible to get on an earlier CDG-AMS (out of the plenty)?
Never tried it with AF but possible with KL but at the gate. Depends on the agent anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Never tried it with AF but possible with KL but at the gate. Depends on the agent anyway.
bolding is mine. You seem to imply that KL has such a policy in place and that any request at the gate will have a favorable answer if there is space available. We have to make it clear that there is no such policy, and that's likely what you meant by taking the precaution to say that it's agent-dependent. And same for AF. Can it happen, yes if they believe it can help them for their operations (e.g. you are on an overbooked flight and they are happy to free up your seat by changing your reservation). But as a principle, it is not possible to change for free unless you have a fully flexible ticket booked in the highest fare bucket.
Of course, no risk to ask at a transfer desk or at the lounge. The gate is not usually the place to ask in Europe as opposed to the US. In Europe, agents at the gate are focused on boarding operations and not on changing bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.