Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Air France's rebooking policy: https://www.airfrance.nl/NL/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news-air-traffic-air-france.htm?_ga=2.60869669.82286185.1584471569-101309917.1487618201 KLM's rebooking policy: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_nl/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm

Worksheet/flowchart for Travel Agents: http://image.email.bluebiz.info/lib/fe9013727c62017f75/m/4/575524f1-d29b-4548-b393-eb5ab0eee26b.pdf

European Commission EC261/2004 guidelines in context of COVD-19 dated 18 MAR 2020 US DoT Enforcement Notice regarding refunds dated 3 APR 2020.

Some additional information:
1) North American ticket holders can typically request chargebacks from their banks.
2) Furthermore, for flights that touch US soil, they may also file complains with the US DOT.
3) American Express in France and in the Netherlands reportedly refuse to open chargeback disputes for cardholders. Unclear whether other banks are following this policy.
4) At this stage, 14 EU member states out of 27 support amending EC261 regulation (which mandates airlines give the consumer the choice of a refund) for the duration of the crisis. Some of these member states have already suspended the enforcement of the regulation with respect to the obligation for a refund. Air France/KLM supports the proposed amendment.

Statement by 12 of these 14 EU member states: https://www.aviation24.be/miscellaneous/passenger-rights/coronavirus-twelve-eu-member-states-ask-commission-to-amend-regulation-ec-261-2004-to-allow-issuance-of-vouchers-in-lieu-of-refund/

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: AF/KL rebooking/refund policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
If you plan to travel longhaul in August, forget about it.

Nobody knows...
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:26 am

why??.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
What about July ? Supposed to fly Hawaï
What about October ? Supposed to fly to Canada
What about December ? Supposed to fly to California
What about October/November ? Supposed to fly to Egypt

If you have inside news....
palmanfr and Wil973 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
No one can foretell how the pandemia will evolve, when some countries will will remove restrictions neither the situation of airlines
Wil973 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Exactly.
The flight is to the US so I don’t believe I can file a complaint with the DOT.
yes, you can and should.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:53 am

Hi so if i have a flight in sept... can i ask for a voucher...
seems it only concerns flight till 3 july....
I need to changes my destination
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Wil973
Hi so if i have a flight in sept... can i ask for a voucher...
seems it only concerns flight till 3 july....
I need to changes my destination
I would say you can change your ticket for a flight in September, but not to a new destination. Change fee is waived, not cancellation fee. However, cost nothing to ask !

AF website has once again been updated:
Beginning 22 April 2020, you can change your ticket at no extra cost regardless of the cabin/fare you have selected (Light, Standard or Flex) as long as the same cabin/fare is still available.* Please note that any other fare conditions attached to your ticket remain unchanged.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Seems like the last update you mentioned are only for new tickets issued after April 22nd 2020. A similar policy was in place for tickets booked during most of March 2020. In the case of Wil973, I understand his ticket was purchased before April 22nd (but I don't know if he booked it during the March 2020 flexibility promotion period) for a flight in September so if he wants to change or cancel his booking, the ticket fare rules will apply (unless one of the segments of his trip got cancelled by the airline, then he can ask for a voucher). I would be Wil973, I would just wait a couple more months as the situation is very dynamic those days and the airline might (1) change their waiver policies to extend to departures up to September 2020 and (2) the airline might cancel one or more of the flights in his itinerary.
In case you cannot wait changing your flights, you can try calling them and ask but I think they will abide by their rules.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Seems like the last update you mentioned are only for new tickets issued after April 22nd 2020. A similar policy was in place for tickets booked during most of March 2020. In the case of Wil973, I understand his ticket was purchased before April 22nd (but I don't know if he booked it during the March 2020 flexibility promotion period) for a flight in September so if he wants to change or cancel his booking, the ticket fare rules will apply (unless one of the segments of his trip got cancelled by the airline, then he can ask for a voucher). I would be Wil973, I would just wait a couple more months as the situation is very dynamic those days and the airline might (1) change their waiver policies to extend to departures up to September 2020 and (2) the airline might cancel one or more of the flights in his itinerary.
In case you cannot wait changing your flights, you can try calling them and ask but I think they will abide by their rules.

Right now under every booking i have i a
can ask for a voucher even flights in nov... bought before covid...

But the only booking that i can change without a fee is for my flight in june .... which i guess has 99.9 chance to be cancelled...booked yesterday with a voucher lollllll yesss hopeeeee ....

But i have a flight to Vietnam in September which hummmm hummm i dont know if i can still gooo

so was thinking of asking a voucher and fly somewhere else
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have a klm ticket and flown the outbound but one of my inbound legs (Delta) have been cancelled.

Can I request a refund for the return? I don't want a rebooking or voucher.

Thank you for your help
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:38 pm

Has anyone actually received a refund? I have four bookings that KLM have agreed to refund, with email confirmation, but no idea how long it will take to land on my credit card.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Has anyone actually received a refund? I have four bookings that KLM have agreed to refund, with email confirmation, but no idea how long it will take to land on my credit card.
I received an instant refund for a KLM ticket booked via Chase Travel.

I had to file a chargeback for a ticket booked via KLM.com. However, after submitting a claim with USDOT, the response is still pending.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by smartytravel
I received an instant refund for a KLM ticket booked via Chase Travel.

I had to file a chargeback for a ticket booked via KLM.com. However, after submitting a claim with USDOT, the response is still pending.
Mine were all booked directly with KLM, so they have to issue the refund. If I do not get it in a few more weeks I will go the charge back method.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Mine were all booked directly with KLM, so they have to issue the refund. If I do not get it in a few more weeks I will go the charge back method.
If your trip originates/ends/passes through the US, make sure to also file a USDOT complaint. It takes less than 2 minutes.

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by smartytravel
If your trip originates/ends/passes through the US, make sure to also file a USDOT complaint. It takes less than 2 minutes.

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint

Sadly they do not, all Canada to UK via AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.