Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Air France's rebooking policy: https://www.airfrance.nl/NL/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news-air-traffic-air-france.htm?_ga=2.60869669.82286185.1584471569-101309917.1487618201 KLM's rebooking policy: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_nl/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm

Worksheet/flowchart for Travel Agents: http://image.email.bluebiz.info/lib/fe9013727c62017f75/m/4/575524f1-d29b-4548-b393-eb5ab0eee26b.pdf

European Commission EC261/2004 guidelines in context of COVD-19 dated 18 MAR 2020 US DoT Enforcement Notice regarding refunds dated 3 APR 2020.

Some additional information:
1) North American ticket holders can typically request chargebacks from their banks.
2) Furthermore, for flights that touch US soil, they may also file complains with the US DOT.
3) American Express in France and in the Netherlands reportedly refuse to open chargeback disputes for cardholders. Unclear whether other banks are following this policy.
4) At this stage, 14 EU member states out of 27 support amending EC261 regulation (which mandates airlines give the consumer the choice of a refund) for the duration of the crisis. Some of these member states have already suspended the enforcement of the regulation with respect to the obligation for a refund. Air France/KLM supports the proposed amendment.

Statement by 12 of these 14 EU member states: https://www.aviation24.be/miscellaneous/passenger-rights/coronavirus-twelve-eu-member-states-ask-commission-to-amend-regulation-ec-261-2004-to-allow-issuance-of-vouchers-in-lieu-of-refund/

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: AF/KL rebooking/refund policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Does anyone have recent experience getting vouchers? I have tickets that were issued before the rules changed and am trying to get non-refundable vouchers. I called in over two weeks ago and was told the only way to get the voucher was to email them. Which I did, and have continuously followed up for 10+ days with no response. Super frustrating as I'd like to use the vouchers to rebook and have been stuck waiting. Any tips or tricks to expedite would be appreciated. Tickets were issued on AF USA site, which I understand limits who I can speak with based on what they've told me. Beyond annoying.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Does anyone have recent experience getting vouchers? I have tickets that were issued before the rules changed and am trying to get non-refundable vouchers. I called in over two weeks ago and was told the only way to get the voucher was to email them. Which I did, and have continuously followed up for 10+ days with no response. Super frustrating as I'd like to use the vouchers to rebook and have been stuck waiting. Any tips or tricks to expedite would be appreciated. Tickets were issued on AF USA site, which I understand limits who I can speak with based on what they've told me. Beyond annoying.
I needed to cancel a ticket booked in May: I called the platinum line last week and received my vouchers in less than 30 seconds in my email.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does Air France have 24 hour refund policy for award tickets
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Has anybody jumped on deal for 55k miles from DFW to HAN via CDG (or vice-versa)?

Flights got cancelled, call centre said it is VN fault and there is not AF flight but I was lucky to be rebooked on KE DFW-ICN-HAN. It looked like any DL codeshare is available (so KE or DL via Japan + VN). When I called in a few minutes later to rebook on DFW-ATL-ICN-HAN to fly on 777 instead of 787 I was told there can only be refund or stick with what I have as there is note from higher department to cancel every ticket and not rebook. My KE reservation sticks. Anybody else successful in rebooking or with inside data what is going on, why they cancel these weeks after issuance?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
Does anyone know if there's any leniency for tickets booked after July'22 and you get tested positive? Just want to know in advance what's the procedure here. It is a non-refundable intra EU ticket.

Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Looking for opinions here on whether the following would entitle me to change my flight without a penalty:

The schedule change is only 25 minutes & that is not a big deal. However they have changed my seat from my previously selected window seat to a middle seat. This is in premium economy.

The flight is sold out so I cannot change the seat anymore. There are multiple AF & KL flights on the same day & I am flexible in taking any one of them. I just need to fly out on the same day.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Has anybody jumped on deal for 55k miles from DFW to HAN via CDG (or vice-versa)?

Flights got cancelled, call centre said it is VN fault and there is not AF flight but I was lucky to be rebooked on KE DFW-ICN-HAN. It looked like any DL codeshare is available (so KE or DL via Japan + VN). When I called in a few minutes later to rebook on DFW-ATL-ICN-HAN to fly on 777 instead of 787 I was told there can only be refund or stick with what I have as there is note from higher department to cancel every ticket and not rebook. My KE reservation sticks. Anybody else successful in rebooking or with inside data what is going on, why they cancel these weeks after issuance?
I just read on some other forum that other people got cancellation as well but no rebooking was proposed, just refund. I was about to book this from France to Hanoi direct flight with VN but it disappeared on the day i was going to.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/09/05/...oking-options/
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:58 am

Can I book a random AF/KLM ticket, cancel, get travel voucher, then use that travel voucher for another flight without incurring any change/cancellation fees?

Asking because of the Amex offer for 20k MR points back for $1000+ at AF/KLM. For this offer the flight has to be in USD and has to originate in the US. I want to book a flight originating in Europe.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by satellite779
Can I book a random AF/KLM ticket, cancel, get travel voucher, then use that travel voucher for another flight without incurring any change/cancellation fees?

Asking because of the Amex offer for 20k MR points back for $1000+ at AF/KLM. For this offer the flight has to be in USD and has to originate in the US. I want to book a flight originating in Europe.
only if the fare allows it. Most fares don't, so make sure to check the ticket conditions.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by satellite779

Not longer possible to ask for a voucher under general terms. What you could try is book, and within the 24 booking within ask for a voucher instead of credit back, saying you need to make the booking urgently and can't wait for the refund.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Just finally got the refund from Gotogate for a ticket cancelled by AF/KL in Sept 2020 so as little as 27 months after . The fact they kept saying they haven't had received any money from AF/KL so refund couldn't be processed was baffling. And last week they said they are closing the claim because they didn't get any news from the airlines for more that 6 months .
They retained €30 fee though for whatever reason, should I bother asking or not?
To compare with another OTA (Misterfly), refund came in February 2022, but their fee was €50.

Conclusion: I've learned my lesson and will definitely refrain from booking via Gotogate and any other OTAs. No matter the discount they promise.

Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.