Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Can someone confirm what is the AFKL fare considered for LCAH points earning : is that the base fare (before tax) + YQ as for FB miles earning or is that the total fare tax included ?
Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Last Monday I flew my first KL flight since signing up. It was the first leg of a roundtrip. The extra 5XP credited directly, thus earning 10XP for the first leg. With 5XP for the return leg (in a few months) that will be 15XP total.

I now booked a last-minute flight for this weekend. And this also shows that I'll earn 15XP instead of the regular 10. While my other (older) bookings do not. Curious to see if I'll indeed get that extra 5XP once more..

The KLM flight hasn't posted to Accor yet though, so I'm not yet able to calculate on which part of the fare the accor miles are calculated.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
The KLM flight hasn't posted to Accor yet though, so I'm not yet able to calculate on which part of the fare the accor miles are calculated.
The Accor side of points posting seems slow to update. I am still missing some points on my Accor accounts (I could not check today as I cannot login to my LCAH account on any system, they seems to have IT issues).
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak

The Accor side of points posting seems slow to update. I am still missing some points on my Accor accounts (I could not check today as I cannot login to my LCAH account on any system, they seems to have IT issues).
I has similar issues myself, however, they now appear to be fixed. And I now have points added to my accor account. I never did rate the accor website that highly though to be honest.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Last Monday I flew my first KL flight since signing up. It was the first leg of a roundtrip. The extra 5XP credited directly, thus earning 10XP for the first leg. With 5XP for the return leg (in a few months) that will be 15XP total.

I now booked a last-minute flight for this weekend. And this also shows that I'll earn 15XP instead of the regular 10. While my other (older) bookings do not. Curious to see if I'll indeed get that extra 5XP once more..

All my future bookings show +5XP, would be a welcome surprise but I am not counting on receiving +5XP for every future booking
vinnyc, The doomed and Porcepic like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by glennhaak
All my future bookings show +5XP, would be a welcome surprise but I am not counting on receiving +5XP for every future booking
Same for me. AFKL IT at its best once again!
vinnyc and glennhaak like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Flying blue Gold
Originally Posted by glennhaak
Yep I've just checked my KLM app and my extra 5xp has been added. Be nice if I got it for all the flights!

I thought you could get 10xp? Had a chat with someone at Flying blue and you have to stay at one of the Accor hotels to get the other 5xp?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Milly67
Had a chat with someone at Flying blue and you have to stay at one of the Accor hotels to get the other 5xp?
Yes.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:09 pm

Yes.

Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

My first KL flight credited to accor today. It also reset my points expiration which I did not expect, but is a nice bonus.
My first Accor night a few days ago hasn't credited to neither Accor or FB.

Can someone confirm what is the AFKL fare considered for LCAH points earning : is that the base fare (before tax) + YQ as for FB miles earning or is that the total fare tax included ?
Thanks
The flight credited as 291 FB miles. I'm Gold so I earn 7 miles per euro..that means a base fare of 42 euro:

291 / 7 = 41,57

With Accor you're supposed to get 5 points per 10 euro spent. I received 21 miles. So that means that they used a base fare of 42 euro as well:

(21 / 5) * 10 = 42

So it seems like they use the same base fare to calculate the points on. Theoretically that would be the base fare + fuel surcharge for FB. However, since this was a European flight, there is no fuel surcharge component. So I cannot be entirely sure if that would also credit at Accor..though I would expect yes.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I did one €80 Ibis night and got 5 XP and 37 miles. Not sure this is going to get me anywhere.

Interesting that the AF site now displays XP's even though I am LTP. It used to not show.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:51 am
Original Poster

I was also credited Accor points for an EC upgrade just now. The 6 euro upgrade equals 3 accor points (10 euro = 5 points).

As far as I know this was not included in the terms. It does look like that all the AF/KL credits at FB are one-to-one sent and credited at Accor as well.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:44 am

Accor IT dept is second to none. I have tried their web support to change my email address to match my flying blue so I can link accounts.
For anyone linking accounts make sure all names and email address is the same as your flying blue one!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: FB platinum
I also received my first Accor credit for flights. Twice "19 points", that will surely get me far over time
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was also credited Accor points for an EC upgrade just now. The 6 euro upgrade equals 3 accor points (10 euro = 5 points).

As far as I know this was not included in the terms. It does look like that all the AF/KL credits at FB are one-to-one sent and credited at Accor as well.
indeed, the extras you buy on AFKL count also for the Accor credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.