Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by SanderM
I've linked my account successfully. Can I make a booking at a Mercure hotel and get 1 night free now? Or will the free 'status night' only apply to a subsequent booking? At accorhotels.com it doesn't reflect this free night when trying a booking (logged in with my Accor account of course). Calling their phone number resulted in nothing either, the agent didn't even know about the Flying Blue + Accor program...
Hello SanderM and welcome to Flyertalk.
Status nights are not free nights. They are nights which count for your Le Club status (e.g. you need 60 nights in a calendar year to become Platinum). Let's say you spend one night in an Accor hotel somewhere. Once these two extra "virtual" status nights will be recorded, your account will show "3/60 nights spent".

Fred
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by schlegfr
Hello SanderM and welcome to Flyertalk.
Status nights are not free nights. They are nights which count for your Le Club status (e.g. you need 60 nights in a calendar year to become Platinum).
Ah, so I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: QF gold, AF/KL platinum, exMA gold :( exSK gold
I tried to link my accounts befor my KL flights on last week but problems appeared always. Will I receive +5 XP in October? I don't have any flight on AF/KL until middle of October. My Accor account says that my FB+Accor accounts are linked.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SanderM
I've linked my account successfully. Can I make a booking at a Mercure hotel and get 1 night free now? Or will the free 'status night' only apply to a subsequent booking? At accorhotels.com it doesn't reflect this free night when trying a booking (logged in with my Accor account of course). Calling their phone number resulted in nothing either, the agent didn't even know about the Flying Blue + Accor program...
Not sure I understand you. You don't get anything free and certainly not a free night in an Accor hotel. After you register to the offer, what you get with your 1st eligible AF flight is a credit of 1 status night in LCAH and with your 1st Accor stay : 5 XP in FB.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Double that actually. With your first stay you get an extra status night and 5XP, with your first flight you'll get an extra 5XP and an status night:

Members who have subscribed to the Miles+Points offer will have a welcome benefit of 1 Status Night credited to their Le Club AccorHotels account and 5 XP credited to their Flying Blue account on completing their first eligible stay.

Members who have subscribed to the Miles+Points offer will have a welcome benefit of 5 XP credited to their Flying Blue account and 1 Status Night credited to their Le Club AccorHotels account on completing their first eligible flight.
That doesn't mean that one would get a free stay though.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
I still cannot seem to link my accord and flying blue accounts without that technical error appearing. I have contacted accor but am yet to hear a response from them. The only different between my accounts are the email address. Do you think this may be causing an issue? Seems strange to not be working on that basis.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Make sure all the details between them match, such as email address and home address. That is how it works between BA and Iberia, so perhaps it's the same here.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: KL
Miles+Points subscription fixed

I was also unable to subscribe to the promotion on the Accor website before. It always threw the same error. From since yesterday it now shows that I'm subscribed. I didn't change any details.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Had similar issues authenticating the two programmes but got there eventually.

​​​Bonus XP were awarded on completion of my first full booking after I linked the accounts.

​They were not awarded after my first flight (I've flown a couple of legs that only trips I've still to complete), award was only made once I had completed a full fare.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by The doomed
Had similar issues authenticating the two programmes but got there eventually.

​​​Bonus XP were awarded on completion of my first full booking after I linked the accounts.

​They were not awarded after my first flight (I've flown a couple of legs that only trips I've still to complete), award was only made once I had completed a full fare.
Yep, I just got back yesterday and my XP has been added after I completed my full round trip.

I am still having issues in changing my email address though (current one assigned to my account is defunct), looks like I will have to physically contact them for that or do it at the next hotel visit.

I feel Accor's IT-side of things is poor as well considering there is no update of points just yet.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
No AF/KL flights yet but one ibis stay a week ago. Got the additional night on the Accor side, no XP yet.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:56 am

Smile Got my first - but incomplete - LCAH points

Made a round-trip TLS-BUD on AF between July 1st and 3rd:
  • On FB front, I received the 10 XP + the relevant miles matching my spent at the ACCOR hotel 5 days after my return.
  • On LCAH front, I got my first status night just after my trip, and I received the second one + some LCAH points yesterday, i.e. roughly ten days later (which is not an issue at all, but just a data point on this new offer) :

However, if I refer to the "1 LCAH point for 2€ spent on AF-KL-A5" rule, I should have been granted approx. 420 LCAH points (380 if taxes are excluded) instead of the 79+68.

I will follow up on this with Accor if nothing else happens in the coming days, and report back.

Fred

Last edited by schlegfr; Jul 15, 2019 at 10:12 am
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Glad to see more and more FTers eventually get their XPs and status night starting to get credited.

On my side, I will have a hotel night this Thursday evening, so will keep you updated about my 5XP and status night.

At the end of the month, I will have my round trip JFK-CDG vis AMS. They are AF-marketed/coded but KL-operated, so it's good under the T&Cs, but I am expecting some issues on the systems failing to recognize it is a AF/KL marketed/operated. The fact that the KLM app anticipates the 5XPs and shows it in the app gives me hope though.

Will keep you up-to-date!
Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Just booked another two round trips and both showing expected XP for the trips as normal +5 (35 instead of 30, and 37 instead of 32).

Triple offer would be nice 😃
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks. Thats exactly the location that I was checking. Even refreshed the page one additional time. Only the base XP's are shown:

http://upload.xandrios.net/156241238...706-132129.png
...and for me it now also shows +5XP on the reservation. So it does seem that they pick a reservation and increase the earnings by 5XP. Perhaps manually, hence the delay between accounts? I wonder what happens if I would miss that specific flight and then fly something else with AFKL instead..

Also from what I have read so far they award the 5XP extra upon completion of the roundtrip (Assuming you booked a roundtrip). Kinda odd, and nowhere in the terms this is mentioned. In my case, while my next outbound flight is next week...the return on that itinerary is only late October. Seems that i'll have to wait a while more for the extra XPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.