Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by vinnyc
However, the app shows 95XP (see screenshot attached). I am pretty sure it used to show 90XP before. The question is: do you think the additional 5XP comes from the Miles+Point welcome bonus?
​​​​​​Same here, 5xp extra was shown in the app for my day trip yesterday. Today I was indeed credited the exact amount shown in the app, with the 5 extra xp clearly marked!

So yes, KLM IT is apparently that good
vinnyc likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by edwinw
​​​​​​Same here, 5xp extra was shown in the app for my day trip yesterday. Today I was indeed credited the exact amount shown in the app, with the 5 extra xp clearly marked!

So yes, KLM IT is apparently that good

Glad someone was able to confirm. I thought I was crazy, because I was sure the app used to show 90XP to be earned, and now 95XP. Considering the only change on my account was the subscription to Miles+Points, that was the most reasonable and rational explanation I could think of.

Will keep you posted with my own experience at the end of the month when I complete my flights.

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I've completed 4 segments (2AF, 2KL) since linking my accounts and nothing has posted yet on either side. I don't have any Accor hotel stay booked soon to check if it works better the other way around.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Update: Some points have gone through

By chance, I took two Air France flights and had three Accor hotel stays in the week after I linked the two accounts.
Accor have obviously processed everything, which means I have been credited with 1 status night on my Accor Rewards account and three lots of miles plus 5XP (the first half of bonus corresponding to the 1 status night) on my Flying Blue Account.
But Air France have yet to credit anything other than my regular miles (to Flying Blue) for the two flights: they owe me two lots of 'points' and 1 status night for my Accor Rewards account and 5XP on the Flying Blue account.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Maybe you only get the XPs for flights which are new bookings AFTER you have linked your accounts, rather than pre existing bookings.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Concerto
Maybe you only get the XPs for flights which are new bookings AFTER you have linked your accounts, rather than pre existing bookings.
In my KLM app it now shows 65XP for AMS-CDG-GVA vv which should be 60XP, I have booked these flights before linking my accounts.
vinnyc likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Where do you see that? On the KLM app (as wel as on their web page) it shows under the next itinerary 'personal detail': After this trip you will be awarded 848 award miles and 10XP.

This is a simple KL roundtrip so the XP's are the 'regular' amount there.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
All seems a bit chaotic and random. Hope it all works out for everyone in the end. But knowing Accor's IT there might be a few earthquakes.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Where do you see that? On the KLM app (as wel as on their web page) it shows under the next itinerary 'personal detail': After this trip you will be awarded 848 award miles and 10XP.

This is a simple KL roundtrip so the XP's are the 'regular' amount there.
This is exactly where I see it. I've attached a screenshot, itinerary is AMS-CDG-GVA vv

Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks. Thats exactly the location that I was checking. Even refreshed the page one additional time. Only the base XP's are shown:

http://upload.xandrios.net/156241238...706-132129.png
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks. Thats exactly the location that I was checking. Even refreshed the page one additional time. Only the base XP's are shown:

http://upload.xandrios.net/156241238...706-132129.png
Same for me, as explained in my previous post. For some reason, the screenshot didn't upload and I just realized that. So I am re-attaching.

I am flying JFK-AMS-CDG return in J (fare class letter = I), so I should have only 90XP, which was displayed previously before signing up for Miles+Points. Now it shows 95XP.

Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: FB, MM
Got the 5XP from my latest flight after linking both accounts but nothing on my LCAH account.
vinnyc likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by vinnyc

Same for me, as explained in my previous post. For some reason, the screenshot didn't upload and I just realized that. So I am re-attaching.

I am flying JFK-AMS-CDG return in J (fare class letter = I), so I should have only 90XP, which was displayed previously before signing up for Miles+Points. Now it shows 95XP.

Pretty solid amount of miles you have there!
vinnyc likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Last week I flew to the UK and stayed in an ibis hotel. I had linked my account the week before (I think, because I got a lot of error messages, but at some point a confirmation from Accor in my mailbox....)

This is what my point statements look like now for Accor (posted same time as the regular nights & points):

And with FB it took longer, it didn't post with the flight, but came seperately after a couple days:

I'm guessing I still need to receive points at Accor for the flight though...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:08 am

I've linked my account successfully. Can I make a booking at a Mercure hotel and get 1 night free now? Or will the free 'status night' only apply to a subsequent booking? At accorhotels.com it doesn't reflect this free night when trying a booking (logged in with my Accor account of course). Calling their phone number resulted in nothing either, the agent didn't even know about the Flying Blue + Accor program...

Last edited by SanderM; Jul 9, 2019 at 3:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.