Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BobTL
Is it me or is the logic gone?
You are correct , even if it is dynamic since few years , the logic is gone , cause it depends on a lot of factors , we know some of them , a few that we suspect but FB never publicly mentionned , and the rest that we are not aware of

Two persons on the same flight , seating next to each other can receive different offers based on these factors
Wil973 and kauppias like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
When we mentioned FB promo awards in J, what are the others? All I can see is eco awards and I like myself.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi

just saw a vlog infomercial from sam chui

He flew with AF , NCE-CDG-DXB , ticket bought in J , nothing unusual but he catched my attention when i saw that he upragded the CDG-DXB segment to P

No idea how much he paid for J but , when you know that prices can go from 1k€(1.2k$) to 3k€ (3.5k$) in J from dxb-nce , adding an extra 1k is not a bid deal

On his flight from dxb to cdg he got a similar offer for 4.5 thousand dirhams which is around 1k€ (1.2k$)

So either this route is cheap for upgrades , or he was super lucky (maybe knowing who he is AF made him a special offer) , anyway i can't stop laughing at what kind of offers most of us here get from AF compared to him
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 13, 2021 at 5:23 am
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
BLQ-CDG Y -> C for 89€. Pass.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:11 am

150€ for AMS-PRG on KL stock coming from RSW & ATL tonight / tomorrow. She has never been on KL before and isn't member of any FFP. On E190, definitely not a way to attract new pax. I will rather keep her booking on aa/ba/ib to get useful avios
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat
AMS-SPU 06/Oct - Y->C - EUR 49
Only one seat left in Y (next to me on emergency exit Row). Declined the offer. Would have considered if they gave the XP for Business Class (or if not having status to get lounge/ sky priority).
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
CPH-AMS 89 USD
AMS-PTY 579 USD

Passed on both, although I was tempted by the long haul offer and would have gone with it, had it been AFs J. KLM is just such an uninspiring airline that I can't even get excited about their J.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue
777?

Originally Posted by Milkman
CPH-AMS 89 USD
AMS-PTY 579 USD

Passed on both, although I was tempted by the long haul offer and would have gone with it, had it been AFs J. KLM is just such an uninspiring airline that I can't even get excited about their J.
It’s sadly true that the food at KLM is not as good as in AF, but this last flight i took on J with KLM on the 787-10 was very good. The seat is great, better than in the AF 787.
579 is a bit expensive, Iberia for example, offres some great DoD cash upgrades
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:05 pm

No upgrade offer for my PRG-CDG on AF tomorrow although biz seats are being still sold.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
CDG-MEX 409 eco to premium / 1419 eco to business
more expensive than full price at the time of the booking ... I have only flown once AF in the last 7-8 years & it was a paid J flight . Maybe that’s the reason the upgrade price is so high ?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Gringuito
more expensive than full price at the time of the booking ... I have only flown once AF in the last 7-8 years & it was a paid J flight . Maybe that’s the reason the upgrade price is so high ?
The mysteries of dynamic pricing.
On this route, I've had seen Y->J offers on the CDG-MEX leg that made the whole ticket more expensive than a last minute, full-J ticket. Go figure.

This is probably due to the fact that pure CDG-MEX R/T are about twice as much as their cost if there is a intra-Europe feeder flight. Then this upgrade price makes sense.
Pedro Costa likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:13 am

Fare difference maybe

Looks like your upgrade offer was the fare difference if you had booked last minute.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Hopefully I’ll be luckier at the return flight ..
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:58 am

By experience

Hopefully I’ll be luckier at the return flight ..
My own experience tells me that if you refuse a certain number of offers, they just stop sending them to you. I refused twice, and never again had another one, even if i’m a Gold FB
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Pedro Costa
My own experience tells me that if you refuse a certain number of offers, they just stop sending them to you. I refused twice, and never again had another one, even if i’m a Gold FB
Even if you don't receive the offer as an email, you often have the possibility to self-upgrade at OLCI by just changing your seat for one in the J cabin.

Oddly enough, on countless flights, the AF app didn't allow it while it was just one click away on the KLM app.
Pedro Costa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.