Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
FCO-CDG today leaving in an hour, no offer at all
CDG-PRG tonight 256 GBP.

The later flight home got changed just yesterday from 9pm to 10pm which means I will have to stay overnight in PRG as there are no buses nor trains to BRQ. Platinum line confirmed me that they will reimburse me for the hotel, which I find weird and do not believe much. I rejected flying via AMS on KL (same time leaving FCO) because I do not want to sit in middle seat. Since I am in no rush, I do not really mind but AF should send me an email about the change or make a notification in the app. If we were not looking randomly into app we wouldn't even find out.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by 747jetter
The later flight home got changed just yesterday from 9pm to 10pm which means I will have to stay overnight in PRG as there are no buses nor trains to BRQ. Platinum line confirmed me that they will reimburse me for the hotel, which I find weird and do not believe much.
I would be very surprised you get it. I have been stuck in my home airport countless times because of delays (it actually happened again no later than 4 days ago), and each time both AF and Amex Travel insurance politely declined any assistance because flights were less than 3h late.

Please let us know if you get a different outcome!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
AF should send me an email about the change or make a notification in the app. If we were not looking randomly into app we wouldn't even find out.
Perhaps this is due to the strikes/social movements (see here) in France from 16-18 November? I saw the same thing for a BCN-CDG flight I'm tracking today, where the time simply shifted one hour later rather than indicating a delay.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc
I would be very surprised you get it. I have been stuck in my home airport countless times because of delays (it actually happened again no later than 4 days ago), and each time both AF and Amex Travel insurance politely declined any assistance because flights were less than 3h late.

So I flew in to Paris, went up for some Joseph Perrier before going to ask for a hotel here and flying to Prague tomorrow. The answer was fly today, meet a representative in Prague and you will be accommodated. HA HA HA I really think there will be someone at PRG at midnight. Now I have invoice for a 200€ taxi ride so we will see if they will give me a gesture voucher or what. I am not angry as AF helped me through the last 2 years more than any other airline but what I do not get is the lack of information...but email with NYC flight promo for 400€ arrived...
maalloc likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by maalloc

I know it is not relevant to this thread but since I started it here, I will finish it here. In Prague, ghost town, so I wrote in about my experience that 2 people in Paris told me I'd get hotel but I did not....so I sent in invoice for taxi and got voucher for the full value.

So...I call it this upgrade!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: DL DM
CDG->JFK
PE (A) to J
EUR 499

12 open seats in J.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NHFL9
CDG->JFK
PE (A) to J
EUR 499

12 open seats in J.
Do you mind my asking what you paid for your PE fare?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Do you mind my asking what you paid for your PE fare?
EUR 1300. Was a “package deal” via Expedia. Kills me that this is what J cost just a few weeks ago. But trip came up at short notice and have to play the hand dealt.

I did wind up upgrading the two of us since it was the 19:20 departure from CDG. Made a huge difference to be able to nap after dinner.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:40 am

Same EUR 499 going back to CDG (JFK -> CDG PE (A) to J). I passed on it given the shorter flying time and our early afternoon departure from JFK.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
AF is teaching me a lesson today.

IAD-CDG
PE to Business - $1,251.30
Delta ticket stock (G Fare, which maps to A in AF).

About half cabin available to select (even though AF is only selling 7 seats at the moment, according to Experflyer).

When ticket was purchased, difference was about $550 per passenger. Should have booked business from the beginning.

blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by SDQBound
AF is teaching me a lesson today.

IAD-CDG
PE to Business - $1,251.30
Delta ticket stock (G Fare, which maps to A in AF).

About half cabin available to select (even though AF is only selling 7 seats at the moment, according to Experflyer).

When ticket was purchased, difference was about $550 per passenger. Should have booked business from the beginning.

Seems it’s happening more and more that upgrading the fare is better than DoD. Don’t know if glitch and luck or just normal. Was scheduled to fly Saturday evening DXB-CDG-MRS (return of a flight bought at around 350€ in Y).

Out of curiosity, tried to upgrade the return 2 days ago and was quoted 600 on the website, but not possible to have the payment go through. I called the PSL and was quoted 1,250€ (Which is more or less half of what one would pay buying J upfront from MRS to DXB). I politely declined.

I tried again online today and the payment did go through, though I don’t believe they would have open cheaper fare buckets closer to the flight…

in any event, 600€ Fare upgrade with XP and miles from Y to J, instead of most likely 400 to 1000 DOD upgrade with no additional XP was a good deal to me!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:55 pm

LAX-CDG tomorrow from J to P no offer at all despite 2 seats empty up front. I called in to Plat line and was told I can only do it at the airport in CDG. I find it weird that even with empty seats the upgrade is not on offer and wonder why it might be like this as I recently (on EU flights) haven't been proposed upgrades from Y to J at all either. Since I fly with girlfriend I am not hurrying up front (she'd stay in J and boy I dream about someone approaching us giving me miles or cash to downgrade her, she cant enjoy )
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Originally Posted by offvoice
600€ Fare upgrade with XP and miles from Y to J, instead of most likely 400 to 1000 DOD upgrade with no additional XP was a good deal to me!
Did you get the XP for J instead of Y ?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:15 am

75k miles from biz to La Premiere CDG-LAX on Plat line 24 hours before departure.
blairvanhorn and Solevita like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
75k miles from biz to La Premiere CDG-LAX on Plat line 24 hours before departure.
Excellent !
ebayj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.