Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by 747jetter
75k miles from biz to La Premiere CDG-LAX on Plat line 24 hours before departure.
Very good offer…
I assume we can wish you to a nice F flight!
ebayj and wuzziduzziman like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SDQBound
AF is teaching me a lesson today.

IAD-CDG
PE to Business - $1,251.30
Delta ticket stock (G Fare, which maps to A in AF).

About half cabin available to select (even though AF is only selling 7 seats at the moment, according to Experflyer).

When ticket was purchased, difference was about $550 per passenger. Should have booked business from the beginning.

Tried to upgrade at the airport, initially I was told a price below $300 but then the check in agent typed something and told me “oh no, you are in the expensive upgrade list” so the price was the same as online for me. I guess I’m on AF’s naughty list despite not purchasing an upgrade in the last 4+ years.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Since I fly with girlfriend I am not hurrying up front (she'd stay in J and boy I dream about someone approaching us giving me miles or cash to downgrade her, she cant enjoy )
Lmao … that’s like my wife. On top of that, she also places “restrictions” on my champagne intake. I imagine if I book P for both of us then she’d have half of wine a glass maximum
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
* MPL - CDG: €79 (better than the €89 as suggested twice above, but no thanks).

​* CDG - DXB: W = €229, J = €629, no miles offer.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
1029 from J to F on DXB-CDG.

I hesitated but considering it’s from an outstation and a rather short, night flight, I didn’t take it.

I think it’s quite a decent price though. 3/4 seats avail
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:43 am

199 € Y->J for a LYS-CDG . Either their pricing algorithm has totally lost it, or they took me out of upgrade purgatory straight to hell.

Anyway that's a new record... On a 100% empty J cabin that will occupy 5 rows of the A321.

Last edited by maalloc; Nov 27, 2021 at 1:59 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by maalloc
199 € Y->J for a LYS-CDG . Either their pricing algorithm has totally lost it, or they took me out of upgrade purgatory straight to hell.
I was feeling alone in hell, so I gave your name to have a companion there
JOUY31, hhdl and maalloc like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
​* CDG - DXB: W = €229
Got upgraded for free, so no, it wasn't worth the investment 😉. Thank you AF anyway !
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Flying tomorrow in Y on AF (my first Y on AF) and I was offered HEL-CDG 79€ to J and from CDG-DUS 69€

Half tempted to take the upg from HEL but perhaps I won't
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Flying tomorrow in Y on AF (my first Y on AF) and I was offered HEL-CDG 79€ to J and from CDG-DUS 69€

Half tempted to take the upg from HEL but perhaps I won't

And today the price for those flights is 269€ each to upgrade to J 😂😂

Passed on yesterday's offer and today's... Flight back is in J anyways which will cap off my 1800 uxps
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:00 am

In the end upgraded on boarding to 1A I happened to have the pleasure of a repeat crew who remembered me and the end was very nice not in original seat and upon hearing the goal is being reached a battlefield upgrade to 1A and a pre departure Champagne 🍾🍾🍾 I am a happy Kauppias right now

My first Opup in 4 years
PeteM01 and Arpoador like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
In the end upgraded on boarding to 1A I happened to have the pleasure of a repeat crew who remembered me and the end was very nice not in original seat and upon hearing the goal is being reached a battlefield upgrade to 1A and a pre departure Champagne 🍾🍾🍾 I am a happy Kauppias right now

My first Opup in 4 years
Well done, hope you enjoyed! Congrats btw!
On the other hand, during the last 6 months they might have spent more time with Kauppias than their respective spouses/partners...

Is AF more generous on Opups than KL?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Well done, hope you enjoyed! Congrats btw!
On the other hand, during the last 6 months they might have spent more time with Kauppias than their respective spouses/partners...

Is AF more generous on Opups than KL?
Thanks, upon discussion in flight by odd happenstance we have been on the same flights his only HEL flights included Kauppias 😳😂😂😂

But both crew in J were fabulous! Best crew so far... Not just the op up speaking 😂😂
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
A client has a cheap ticket to Cancun and in his MMB I can see the following.

VIE-CDG Y-J 99€
CDG-CUN Y-Y+ 309€
CDG-CUN Y-J 850€

Premium eco is showing one seat available (middle), business two seats available in a nice config 1-2-1 ( 4 rows only).
For what is worth I think I signed him up to FB to get a better price for checked bag.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:45 am

This one is simply too funny not to share it here. Kudos to the marketing team that has a spot-on description of domestic J product.

I do like those cheese gavottes, but I would hardly call them "gastronomic food". As for the value of the offer, everyone can decide whether 30g of gavottes is worth 199€ more than 30g of butter cookies served in Y...

NickB, more4less, Goldorak and 5 others like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Dec 9, 2021 at 7:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.