Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
MPL-CDG 89€ or 22300 miles
CDG-AMS 179€ or 44800 miles

Next!

Now that CDG-AMS is just ridiculously funny 😄😄
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
waw-cdg = Y to J = 90€ or 110$
cdg-mex = Y to PE = 260€ or 300$ and Y to J = 500€ or 585$
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
I’m flying Oslo - Paris in J, and then Paris - Johannesburg in Z.

is there any way for me to buy an upgrade to first class on Joburg flight, and if so, where do I do it?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kleffen
is there any way for me to buy an upgrade to first class on Joburg flight, and if so, where do I do it?
This question comes back almost every week. Please read this thread (just concentrate on the last 10 pages - no need to read it from the start). Paid upgrades at OLCI are discussed regularly.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This question comes back almost every week. Please read this thread (just concentrate on the last 10 pages - no need to read it from the start). Paid upgrades at OLCI are discussed regularly.
I apologize, I’ll read through
Old Sep 26, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
289€ for GVA-CDG . That makes the J sucré-salé and the Champagne plastic glass at the price of caviar .
Maybe I have been sent back to purgatory...
Fabo.sk, lynxy and maalloc like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 1:25 am

After I had checked in in Oslo, I was able to go on the Air France app, and through choose seat option I was able to change seat from J to F with a payment of approx 1400 euros. I was slightly tipsy at that time, so I ran the credit card. Amazing flight from CDG to JNB, as only passenger in Le Premiere… Amazing service in Paris also
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Kleffen
After I had checked in in Oslo, I was able to go on the Air France app, and through choose seat option I was able to change seat from J to F with a payment of approx 1400 euros. I was slightly tipsy at that time, so I ran the credit card. Amazing flight from CDG to JNB, as only passenger in Le Premiere… Amazing service in Paris also
The scenario I'm dreaming of. I'm not leaving planet Earth without having done a long haul (10+ hours) in AF F.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:34 am

Yeah, I get it. 1400 euros isn’t pocket-change for me, but I figured that the circumstances were right and it’s not easy to do AF F without paying a lot for it. Tickets are usually pricey, so I just had to do it, when I had the chance
Milkman and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
289€ for GVA-CDG . That makes the J sucré-salé and the Champagne plastic glass at the price of caviar .
Maybe I have been sent back to purgatory...
The intern whose job is to clear that tag of your account every 15 minutes is not working on the weekends
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Now that CDG-AMS is just ridiculously funny 😄😄
It gets worse. 229.

2 seats available out of 20, out of the other 18, 7 show as Unavailable as opposed to Occupied, which I'm not sure I've seen before.
maalloc likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It gets worse. 229.

2 seats available out of 20, out of the other 18, 7 show as Unavailable as opposed to Occupied, which I'm not sure I've seen before.
So far in about 60% of my flights the seat next to me shows an unavailable, perhaps they want to spare fellow passengers the Kauppias experience 😄😄 so far only 4 flights I have had a person next to me on AF/KLM flights out of 40 or so flights since July
Old Sep 29, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by kauppias
So far in about 60% of my flights the seat next to me shows an unavailable, perhaps they want to spare fellow passengers the Kauppias experience 😄😄 so far only 4 flights I have had a person next to me on AF/KLM flights out of 40 or so flights since July
You never had the packed J cabin Embraer experience?
They should not grant you Plat status until you had this luck From cramped seats to miniature overhead compartments to paper thin tablets, they must be tried at least once !
saraoutou likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:06 am

The weird thing is, a lot of the blocks are not next to someone. Like there is a blocked middle next to me in Y, that could be either because of me as a gold, or maybe the pax in aisle seat is plat, but there are complete rows blocked in J,

Anyway CDG-AMS is at the same 229 with 8/16 available (2/16 occupied), AMS-DBV is 149, 8/8 available.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
You never had the packed J cabin Embraer experience?
They should not grant you Plat status until you had this luck From cramped seats to miniature overhead compartments to paper thin tablets, they must be tried at least once !
i did, infact just recently a flight full of KRK runners 🤣🤣 but mostly its AMS-CDG thats the most crowded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.