Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
This is what I get when I try to use the coupon:
The E-coupon entered is only valid for:
  • Journeys made between 28/01/2019 and 01/07/2019, excluding the period from 12/04/2019 to 05/05/2019
  • Tickets bought between 18/01/2019 and 21/01/2019
However, I take these rules in account and still can't seem to use the coupon. Very interesting to fly from Germany to South-America for just €690!

try to use the German Alitalia website and don't use the app. The voucher is not accepted in the app. I get this error every time I try to book via the app while same dates work on the website. And be careful not to get the Aerolineas Argentinas codeshare.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Jan 20, 2019 at 2:28 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Want to fly in March, discount isn't working. Any ideas?

Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Want to fly in March, discount isn't working. Any ideas?

try the German Alitalia Website. That’s exactly the dates that work for me.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks! Solved. Flying in February thought. It really is bargain for the miles.

Last edited by 747jetter; Jan 20, 2019 at 8:12 am Reason: mistake in JAN/FEB
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It really is a great bargain, hope I can jump on one of these one day. It's also a bargain for the destination in itself!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
It really is a great bargain, hope I can jump on one of these one day. It's also a bargain for the destination in itself!
business class to buenos aires is 1550€ with the voucher. not bad as well. - but for me premium economy is better value for money
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to gain enough miles and XPs anyway. Really hope an Alitalia code comes round again, by which time I might have sorted myself out.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Good deal for collecting XPs (possibly even miles when booked with DL):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...ia-usa-4k.html
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're going to be getting wet dreams about XPs if this goes on. I calculated that the last, 10 segment route in the link above would yield 150 XPs. Funnily, I've always wanted to go to Mexico City, I think it could be a fun, interesting place, not without its dangers of course.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Good deal for collecting XPs (possibly even miles when booked with DL):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...ia-usa-4k.html
Be careful though, for the "La Premičre" part of this deal, that it is not clear whether DL-coded La Premičre flights do earn XP or not. If you strictly read the DL earning scheme on the FB website, F only earns miles on domestic flights, but the rules seem to forget about the possibility of codeshares. There is at least one report on this forum of someone who did manage to get miles/XP, but it was not automatic.

Oh well, anyway you don't fly La Premičre for an XP run. For that purpose I'd stick with a classic and cheaper danish run!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oho, that is a good point and a little quirk I had forgotten about because I don't fly Delta much.

The Business fare in the link above is probably a safer bet and like I said you probably will get around 150 XPs for it. Anyone calculate what the 1st fare would yield, the Delta problem notwithstanding?

If I calculated the XPs right, you would get $16.43 per XP for the Business fare. Hmm.. that's actually not that great, is it?

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 21, 2019 at 6:13 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Porcepic
Be careful though, for the "La Premičre" part of this deal, that it is not clear whether DL-coded La Premičre flights do earn XP or not. If you strictly read the DL earning scheme on the FB website, F only earns miles on domestic flights, but the rules seem to forget about the possibility of codeshares. There is at least one report on this forum of someone who did manage to get miles/XP, but it was not automatic.

Oh well, anyway you don't fly La Premičre for an XP run. For that purpose I'd stick with a classic and cheaper danish run!
Originally Posted by Concerto
Oho, that is a good point and a little quirk I had forgotten about because I don't fly Delta much.

The Business fare in the link above is probably a safer bet and like I said you probably will get around 150 XPs for it. Anyone calculate what the 1st fare would yield, the Delta problem notwithstanding?

If I calculated the XPs right, you would get $16.43 per XP for the Business fare. Hmm.. that's actually not that great, is it?
It is correct that the scheme is not up to date, because DL used different letters than AF/KL, therefore it says F only on domestic routes (which is seen as business class). La Premiere should definately accrue miles & XP's. For somebody who is Platinum, the routing through LAX will yield 180XP and 46k miles.

Oh and Concerto; Mexico city is a perfectly safe city
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glennhaak
Oh and Concerto; Mexico city is a perfectly safe city
+1. I do not doubt that you can find danger if you look for it but moving around Mexico like a normal tourist does not attract significantly more danger than in other comparably large cities if you take the usual sensible precautions.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by NickB
+1. I do not doubt that you can find danger if you look for it but moving around Mexico like a normal tourist does not attract significantly more danger than in other comparably large cities if you take the usual sensible precautions.
Exactly! And while you're there, go and eat tacos at Tacos Alvaro Obregón, you will not be disappointed
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the subject of that5 $4,400 1st class fare on Air France from Tunisia to Mexico, which seems to have disappeared now, I just wrote a post over in the thread that discussed that deal. I fear the thread will sink quickly without trace, now that the fare is over, and I am wishing that I had posted it here. Here it is anyway, slightly OT because I outline a few feelings about airlines dealing with mistake fares, but somewhat relevant too because in our quest for mileage run fares there are quite a few times when one is not sure if the fare in question is a super special offer, or just a bug. In the example given, the pair from Lausanne who bought an AF Premičre fare from IST to South Africa for €1,500 were the victims of a bug, apparently.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30694364-post24.html
Xizm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.