Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by bodory
Is that on AF and KL websites (or call centers or agencies) only or through any TA?
From my own experience, it really depends from TA to TA.
I remember that Carlson WagonLit used to bill their fees directly on the CC with another line "Air France" with the strict price of the ticket.
And I did have the appropriate mileage credited (2 qualif miles for 1 euro with the French AFKL AMEX Plat).

So you'd better check with your TA.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by bodory
Is that on AF and KL websites (or call centers or agencies) only or through any TA?
I bought my tickets through the Club by phone ( with multi segments) and also directly on the AF website
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
From my own experience, it really depends from TA to TA.
I remember that Carlson WagonLit used to bill their fees directly on the CC with another line "Air France" with the strict price of the ticket.
And I did have the appropriate mileage credited (2 qualif miles for 1 euro with the French AFKL AMEX Plat).

So you'd better check with your TA.
IME expedia in Europe also bills as AF for the ticket and their fees separately. Even better, if you buy DL tickets through them, you get a 057- ticket number, which means you get the AF/KL purchase mileage.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: FB Plat, ICH RA, BA Gold, Aegean Gold,
Does spend on the AFKL Amex card on AFKL flights that passes through a travel agent count towards status miles?

I happened to call Amex - to split the payments into 3 (update on how later) and they said that the payment MUST be to AF (I was calling in French) and through a TMC does not count.

Personally, I do not mind as I arrange my own business travel but some may find this frustrating.

On the "pay over 3 months option" it seems you have to call them once the ticket is issued and amount appears on your statement but before you statement is issued. I have a 2 day window on this next week. Better set a reminder in my calendar.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by irishmike73
I happened to call Amex - to split the payments into 3 (update on how later) and they said that the payment MUST be to AF (I was calling in French) and through a TMC does not count.
Well, when "Air France" is clearly indicated on your CC statement, the payment actually goes directly to AF.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
The rules are rather vague in my view and not well presented on the respective websites.

Both AMEX and KLM used to (perhaps still) say that to qualify one should fly AF/KLM. Nowhere was it to be seen that tickets had to be bought via a an AF or KLM sales channel, which excludes agents like eBookers etc.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:45 pm
Suspended

well, concerning the miles, it is mentioned on Amex' website that a third party could sell an AF ticket if it is registered under AF code, i assume that it is related somehow to the GDS ID

as for the payment split into 3, only the 2 websites AF-KLM allow this benefit
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron95
Outside internet sales, I suppose all direct AF sales (airport ticketing counter, AF call center, AF agencies) works also for this benefit ?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron95
That's not true. I have split payment for AF/KL tickets bought through Expedia, for example. You can do it online, you only need to have the charge appear as an airline ticket with a 057- or 074- stock (too bad it doesn't work for 006- as well!).
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Originally Posted by Oxymore
That's not true. I have split payment for AF/KL tickets bought through Expedia, for example. You can do it online, you only need to have the charge appear as an airline ticket with a 057- or 074- stock (too bad it doesn't work for 006- as well!).
AMEX in NL refused to split KL tickets bought from eBookers and did not apply the extra point/mile for that purchase.
However, when I complained, they awarded me the missing miles (as a one time courtesy).
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:28 am

True, and LeClub is able to issue tickets on a 057-stock for all Airlines for which Air France as an interline agreement.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:34 am
Suspended

shortly after the feature was enforced, i booked twice with Expedia an AF ticket

both times, the option never appeared in my Amex account

therefore i called Amex and they told me that the feature didn't concern third party website as part of the agreement between Amex and AF-KLM

in the meantime, this has probably changed ???
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: FB Plat / SPG Plat / Hilton Silver
No miles-status for me...

Originally Posted by delanotre
Yes, for tickets bought on september 1st:

Miles sur depenses AF/KLM xxxxx 10 Euros = 20 Miles

It is not written as EQM on Amex statement (although separate) but it is marked as EQM (and separate also) on the FB statement of the month:

26-09-2013 CARTE AMEX PLATINUM - DEPENSES AF KLM xxxxx

In my case, this hasn't appeared as Miles-Status in the FB Statement of the month (for october) although it does appear correctly as 'Miles sur depenses AF/KLM' on my Amex Statement.
(I did buy my ticket directly with AF)
Am I the only one that has this problem?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
First Level miles posted

First level miles just posted to my account. Dutch FB Amex Gold.

Purchase was a FB reward ticket for Feb 2014, so not many but better than nothing.

Wondering what will happen if you cancel your purchase..
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: Many
They usually keep several and independant miles meters on your card account :
- miles related to regular expenses
- miles related to AF/KL expenses
- bonus miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.