Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by emviflyer
Another useless benefit for KLM's "most valued ...." platinum for life customers.
I am not sure how it can be expected that a credit card is made for a niche market.

In my books not having to qualify again can be considered quite a benefit..
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Is it just me that I can never spread my KLM/AF payments when I attempt to do it in the night hours? The dutch amex site always claims there is a technical problem and I should try later.... but once I wake up, it works again. And I do not think they do maintenance every night of the month!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Originally Posted by Gajan
I am not sure how it can be expected that a credit card is made for a niche market.

In my books not having to qualify again can be considered quite a benefit..
@Gajan "not having to qualify again" is indeed a great benefit, but it is an AF/KL benefit, it has nothing to do with AMEX.

However it is AF/KL that are sending me those super-happy communications, calling me one of their "most valued customers" and at the same time telling me that I have to pay a 5% fee increase for their partner-card, but that it comes with new benefits, NONE of which are beneficial for the niche market, as you call it.

I am making these points here because I expect the KLM partner/contract managers to do all possible to get the best benefits for all their customers, including platinum for life members. There is no room for complacency about the FB programme, it is not bad, but certainly not one of the best as people inside and outside KLM know pretty well.

I am not demanding anything, but if it is AF/KLM that are raising my expectations it is also AF/KLM that have to keep their promises. I don't need "cigars from my own box".
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Originally Posted by pjhartog
and that is why as of today - 1 Sept 2013 - I am free and no longer carrying an Amex/FB card - if we include the time that FD/Eurocard would issue a card in NL probably a new feeling since 20 years !

Hurray - my points go to Bijenkorf now
You are not alone.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:32 am

AFKL Amex and AF tickets

‎Hi FB amex experts!

I have a questions for you guys: I own an AFKL Amex and was wondering if I can pay an AF ticket for a friend (I don't travel with him) and make him benefit of the possibilty to spread the amount on three months? I have read the amex terms and conditions and have not found any limitations but I wanted to confirm with you.

Thanks!

Jtflyer
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 am
Suspended

if you pay with your card, then the debit will be on your card, your account

you'll have the 3 installments

if you want to pay for your friend, then your friend will have to reimburse you each month
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:00 am

Ok that's what I wanted to offer him: I get the miles and he gets to pay his ticket in three installments.

So Amex will let me do it even if I'm not the one taking the trip?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:52 am
Suspended

why not, as long as your pay, you do what you want with your card, it's not Amex' business

you can book flights for whoever you want
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:38 am

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jctflyer
So Amex will let me do it even if I'm not the one taking the trip?
Yes I have done this before.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:47 am

That's a good way to earn extra miles Hope he'll agree
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jctflyer
That's a good way to earn extra miles Hope he'll agree
you can also pay the grocery for all your colleagues and neighborhood
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, ICH RA, BA Gold, Aegean Gold,
Status miles through TMCs?

Hi,
I am new to flyertalk but I have read most of the posts here.

I am currently trying to ensure I requalify for Platinum by doing some long-haul personal business class travel.

I got the platinum through general purchasing and now that the status points are back on AF/KL purchases, I might need these to requalify.

My question is:
Does spend on the AFKL Amex card on AFKL flights that passes through a travel agent count towards status miles?
There is a Ł400 difference between the price on skyscanner and through calling either AF or KL.

Has anyone seen the spend on AF/KL on the Amex card appear on their statement as status miles yet?

Thanks

Mike
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by irishmike73
...Has anyone seen the spend on AF/KL on the Amex card appear on their statement as status miles yet?..
Yes, for tickets bought on september 1st:

Miles sur depenses AF/KLM xxxxx 10 Euros = 20 Miles

It is not written as EQM on Amex statement (although separate) but it is marked as EQM (and separate also) on the FB statement of the month:

26-09-2013 CARTE AMEX PLATINUM - DEPENSES AF KLM xxxxx
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by delanotre
Yes, for tickets bought on september 1st:

Miles sur depenses AF/KLM xxxxx 10 Euros = 20 Miles

It is not written as EQM on Amex statement (although separate) but it is marked as EQM (and separate also) on the FB statement of the month:

26-09-2013 CARTE AMEX PLATINUM - DEPENSES AF KLM xxxxx
Is that on AF and KL websites (or call centers or agencies) only or through any TA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.