Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by emviflyer
Not so. Platinum has gone up EUR300 as well and now costs EUR 600 (approx USD790).
I believe the co-branded Platinum card was always EUR 570. With the added benefits of level miles the price has gone up to EUR 600 in NL (I believe FR remains the same).
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Correct, and they totally overlooked their "most valued customers", namely those that are platinum for life and don't need level miles.

The Hertz deal, so far, is much more expensive than what FB members without AMEX do get. Even applying the one-time discount voucher of EUR30 for a short rental.

Three nights hotel in Paris for a discounted price of EUR700 per night ??
Reissom bij vertrek in de periode:
• 19 juli – 30 augustus 2013: van € 1.705,- voor € 1.140,- p.p.
• 31 augustus – 28 september 2013: van € 2.023,- voor € 1.350,- p.p.

I have written to FB days ago, asking for clarification. We will patiently wait for a reply.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I just received the following offer. I currently have the Silver card:

In short:
- Upgrade to gold and pay 140 for the first year instead of 170
- Get 5K miles as a bonus
- Get extra award miles with Hertz
- Get tier miles

However, from this single email, it looks very much like the tier miles are now for all purchases, and not just AFKL ones?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I just received the following offer. I currently have the Silver card:

In short:
- Upgrade to gold and pay 140 for the first year instead of 170
- Get 5K miles as a bonus
- Get extra award miles with Hertz
- Get tier miles

However, from this single email, it looks very much like the tier miles are now for all purchases, and not just AFKL ones?
It would appear so, but I doubt it is from what JOUY31 and I have been told by FB / that you are given 1.5 award miles per Euro spent which seems in line with AF-KL purchases only.

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 23, 2013 at 5:19 pm Reason: addition
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
sorry, misreading
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:00 am

Amex website updated (NL)

See Amex website: https://www.americanexpress.com/nl/c...ards-LearnMore

Fee increase is visible; level miles only for AF/KL related purchases.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:16 am
Suspended

i never noticed the Flying Blue – American Express Entry Card for NL members

no such thing for FR members
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
FB Amex card: KLM's inconsiderate approach

Correct, and they totally overlooked their "most valued customers", namely those that are platinum for life and don't need level miles.

The Hertz deal, so far, is much more expensive than what FB members without AMEX do get. Even applying the one-time discount voucher of EUR30 for a short rental.

Three nights hotel in Paris for a discounted price of EUR700 per night ??
Reissom bij vertrek in de periode:
• 19 juli – 30 augustus 2013: van € 1.705,- voor € 1.140,- p.p.
• 31 augustus – 28 september 2013: van € 2.023,- voor € 1.350,- p.p.

I have written to FB days ago, asking for clarification. We will patiently wait for a reply.
Flying Blue replied that "they do understand that I am not happy with a price increase without any new benefits".

In addition, they pointed out to me that as a benefit of the card, my partner now also has the platinum level. I find that not very elegant and it has nothing to do with my remarks about the relatively huge price increase of the card.

USD780 for an FB AMEX card ????

I fear that Flying Blue management have forgotten that towards partners, they should represent de interests of their members instead of subscribing to hollow marketing phrases the truth/value of which they didn't even bother to check.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:37 am
Suspended

Flying Blue replied that "they do understand that I am not happy with a price increase without any new benefits".

In addition, they pointed out to me that as a benefit of the card, my partner now also has the platinum level. I find that not very elegant and it has nothing to do with my remarks about the relatively huge price increase of the card.

USD780 for an FB AMEX card ????

I fear that Flying Blue management have forgotten that towards partners, they should represent de interests of their members instead of subscribing to hollow marketing phrases the truth/value of which they didn't even bother to check.

the European market is tightly held by Visa and Mastercard

Amex is not free to offer more cobranded cards than in other regions and practices elite prices

or perhaps to compensate the low volume of members vs other regions
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
AMEX FB cobrand nightmarish

When I held Platinum status on FB, I opted for the AMEX co-branded card. From day 1 my miles would not post automatically. My ['free'] partner card miles especially needed several phone calls to post the miles to my account. And then it became outrageously expensive. AMEX Platinum Membership Rewards is amazing in comparison.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
My ['free'] partner card miles especially needed several phone calls to post the miles to my account.
What do you mean? The extra card expenses do not generate separate mile crediting on FB account.

All cards (main cards, extra cards, additional card) belong to the same Amex account. The total amount of spendings with all cards shows on the Amex statement and is then translated into miles that go the FB account of the main card holder.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OnePassenger
When I held Platinum status on FB, I opted for the AMEX co-branded card. From day 1 my miles would not post automatically. My ['free'] partner card miles especially needed several phone calls to post the miles to my account. And then it became outrageously expensive. AMEX Platinum Membership Rewards is amazing in comparison.

Miles are credited and transferred to your FB account once a month when your billed is settled
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:43 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Did anyone receive an offer to add an additional card and get 1K miles? I am wondering if they would do any name/credit checks on additional cards...otherwise I can just make up a roommate ;-) My gf already has one of the extra cards, so I wouldn't know who else I would genuinely want to give a card that I pay the bill for..
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Did anyone receive an offer to add an additional card and get 1K miles? I am wondering if they would do any name/credit checks on additional cards...otherwise I can just make up a roommate ;-) My gf already has one of the extra cards, so I wouldn't know who else I would genuinely want to give a card that I pay the bill for..
I do not believe Amex checks. When adding someone in the past they were quite happy to add this person without any ID.

I presume all is well for them as long as the main card holder settles his/her expenses.

(On a side note, don't the Silver & Gold cards only allow for up to 2 sub cards; the Platinum card allows for up to 5?)

Gajan
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Gajan
I do not believe Amex checks. When adding someone in the past they were quite happy to add this person without any ID.

I presume all is well for them as long as the main card holder settles his/her expenses.

(On a side note, don't the Silver & Gold cards only allow for up to 2 sub cards; the Platinum card allows for up to 5?)

Gajan
Agent today told me about the 1K for extra cardholder, but already have 3 :P I had Plat and when I got back to Gold I could keep the third card member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.