Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:21 pm

I find that the DL-operated flights arrive at 2E, and the departure to Dubai is from 2F. At www.airfrance.us select Information and Services, At the Airport, Paris-CDG Transfers, then under the diagram click "Display the transfer routes..." for full instructions. Their instructions are to take the transfer shuttle in the restricted area.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by okflyer
Will probably need to go through passport control since you most likely will have to change terminals. Could possible be 2E? I Have not found where Air France leaves for Dubai. With 3 hours 20 minutes there should be ample time for transferring.
You don't need to go through passport control to change terminals at CDG, nor at most any other airport. There are airside buses.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by stimpy
You don't need to go through passport control to change terminals at CDG, nor at most any other airport. There are airside buses.
When I flew from SEA to OSL via CDG in April and May I had to go through Passport Control. However, I was not transferring through CDG to another continent, but rather going on within Europe and to another Schengen (SP?) county at that.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:56 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

When I flew from SEA to OSL via CDG in April and May I had to go through Passport Control. However, I was not transferring through CDG to another continent, but rather going on within Europe and to another Schengen (SP?) county at that.
The key here is that you were entering the Schengen zone. You always go through passport control in the first country in which you enter the zone.

If you had continued to ZRH or LHR, you would have been able to stay airside.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:57 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I have a 2 hour gap (AF) from EWR to CDG then on to BOM... I believe my flight from EWR arrives in Terminal 2E and I have to run to 2C... is two hours enough? I have a Le Affaires ticket... will I get any special assistance.. this is my first international flight.. or am I asking for Trouble?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Dhamal
I have a 2 hour gap (AF) from EWR to CDG then on to BOM... I believe my flight from EWR arrives in Terminal 2E and I have to run to 2C... is two hours enough? I have a Le Affaires ticket... will I get any special assistance.. this is my first international flight.. or am I asking for Trouble?
Two hours is fine. Just take the airside bus. 2C is one stop away from 2E. Enjoy your flights .
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
The key here is that you were entering the Schengen zone. You always go through passport control in the first country in which you enter the zone.
YEP, where you come from, and where you are going makes all the difference!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Two hours is fine. Just take the airside bus. 2C is one stop away from 2E. Enjoy your flights .
Thanx for your assistance and quick response.. is there a walkway or the bus is the only route?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Schengen means that for the purposes of immigration, most of Europe is one big country. So CDG to OSL isn't really an international flight in these terms.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Schengen means that for the purposes of immigration, most of Europe is one big country. So CDG to OSL isn't really an international flight in these terms.
True in a way. It is an international flight for customs, and as far as tax free shopping are concerned, but not as far as passport control (Immigration) is concerned.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Dhamal
Thanx for your assistance and quick response.. is there a walkway or the bus is the only route?
Walking would involve two immigration checks, one to enter France in 2E, and one in 2C to leave France. Once you are landside in 2E, you would need a 10mn walk to reach the immigration check in 2C.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

edited due to misreading

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 25, 2008 at 7:43 am
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: (EK) Skywards Gold
First time in CDG

Hello all,

We are a family of 5 flying from Dubai to Rome. Our flight from Dubai arrives at 6:05am while our flight to Rome departs at 07:15am. Is 1:10 minutes enough time to connect in CDG? This will be our first time in the airport and we heard of how difficult it is to connect at CDG...

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shango
Hello all,

We are a family of 5 flying from Dubai to Rome. Our flight from Dubai arrives at 6:05am while our flight to Rome departs at 07:15am. Is 1:10 minutes enough time to connect in CDG? This will be our first time in the airport and we heard of how difficult it is to connect at CDG...
The only answer is maybe. We might be able to give more information if you list your airlines and terminals?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I'm flying BCN - CDG terminal 2F Arrival: 1225 on Aug 06 (wednesday)
Then CDG - HKG from terminal 2E, departure: 1335, both in business.

Should I be affraid?

On the return flight, HKG-CDG arrival at 0620 and CDG - BCN departure 0705.
This was booked through AF; I'm quite sure that I'll miss the connection on the return flight but I don't care, I'm worried about the outbound flight.

What do you think?

Last edited by josep; Jul 25, 2008 at 6:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.