Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mc0810
Connecting in CDG from Spain final destination USA via airfrance first week in January (few days after new years). Should we choose the flight with 2hr layover or 4 hour? I do have a kid..does that get you fast track thru security?
Two hours is fine and kids are not a way to get access to fast track lanes.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Connecting in CDG from Spain final destination USA via airfrance first week in January (few days after new years). Should we choose the flight with 2hr layover or 4 hour? I do have a kid..does that get you fast track thru security?
2 hours is cutting it pretty close to be honest. We recently connected in CDG (staying solely in Terminal 2E) and only got to Hall K a couple of minutes before boarding started, and this was with traveling in J (so we could use the faster security line). I imagine needing to go through exit immigration and getting to 2E will add even more time.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
2h would be sufficient. Nothing complicated there.

And no, having minors does not entitle you to fast track.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
On Sunday 28/04 my wife and I will fly DUB-CDG-ICN on AF. I understand that the layover will be all in terminal 2E, but I don't know which gates. Originally it was going to be a 3h layover, but AF moved the 2nd leg and now it's 4h30. However I see on the website that I could change the DUB-CDG, which is at 06:00, to a later one at 9-ish. The layover would then be only 1h25.
We won't have Sky Priority, and I suspect we'll have to take a bus from the first plane to the gate. I feel like we should stick with the 4h30 layover, but there's a big difference for us between a first flight at 6 in the morning and a flight at 9, because we don't live so close to Dublin.
Am I too conservative?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fredo1664
On Sunday 28/04 my wife and I will fly DUB-CDG-ICN on AF. I understand that the layover will be all in terminal 2E, but I don't know which gates. Originally it was going to be a 3h layover, but AF moved the 2nd leg and now it's 4h30. However I see on the website that I could change the DUB-CDG, which is at 06:00, to a later one at 9-ish. The layover would then be only 1h25.
We won't have Sky Priority, and I suspect we'll have to take a bus from the first plane to the gate. I feel like we should stick with the 4h30 layover, but there's a big difference for us between a first flight at 6 in the morning and a flight at 9, because we don't live so close to Dublin.
Am I too conservative?
No bus for this connection. Just walking and eventually a short train ride between 2 concourses. Impossible to know in advance your gates/concourses in 2E (although your DUB flight will arrive in K or L and not M. But ICN can depart from any of those).
1h25 connection is perfectly doable. Of course more risky. But I would also choose this because taking a flight at 6 am is a no go for me.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No bus for this connection. Just walking and eventually a short train ride between 2 concourses. Impossible to know in advance your gates/concourses in 2E (although your DUB flight will arrive in K or L and not M. But ICN can depart from any of those).
1h25 connection is perfectly doable. Of course more risky. But I would also choose this because taking a flight at 6 am is a no go for me.
Thank you Goldorak for your answer.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Booked a J award ticket for my brother's honeymoon with a connection from ITA (FCO arriving 2B) to AF (departing from 2E). It's a 2:05 connection (same ticket, so within MCT). I assume the blue shuttle is available and would likely not require clearing security again?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Considering a connection at CDG on two separate tickets, arriving on BA from LHR at T2D and departing on AA 75mins later from T2B. Is this doable, if I have a mobile or a printed boarding pass already for the AA flight? If I don't, can I get that boarding pass at a transfer desk or do I have to go landside and back again airside?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by hhdl
Booked a J award ticket for my brother's honeymoon with a connection from ITA (FCO arriving 2B) to AF (departing from 2E). It's a 2:05 connection (same ticket, so within MCT). I assume the blue shuttle is available and would likely not require clearing security again?
yes
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by salut0
Considering a connection at CDG on two separate tickets, arriving on BA from LHR at T2D and departing on AA 75mins later from T2B. Is this doable, if I have a mobile or a printed boarding pass already for the AA flight? If I don't, can I get that boarding pass at a transfer desk or do I have to go landside and back again airside?
doable on one ticket but super risky on separate tickets. I won’t do it. If for whatever reason they want to see your passport before delivering the BP (happens very often for flights to US) and knowing the check-in will close one hour before flight, you will be screwed.
salut0 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
AA check-in deadline in CDG is 75 minutes.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:52 pm

Hi all, I have a friend travelling MRU-CDG-EDI transferring within 2E. However the flight to CDG (AF473) arrives at 19:20 and the gate for the EDI flight (AF1886) closes at 20:00 (departure time: 20:35). Will they have enough time to catch the connecting flight?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Contrast
Hi all, I have a friend travelling MRU-CDG-EDI transferring within 2E. However the flight to CDG (AF473) arrives at 19:20 and the gate for the EDI flight (AF1886) closes at 20:00 (departure time: 20:35). Will they have enough time to catch the connecting flight?
EF gives the following minimum connect times for 2E to 2E transfers:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com

Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at CDG
Incoming airline AF
Outgoing airline AF
Flight type International to International

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .30 1.00 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE .30 1.00 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL
AF-AF II .45 TRM 2E - 2E REGION EUR - REGION EUR 01SEP22 - INF
AF-AF II 1.00 TRM 2E - 2E 21JUL22 - INF
**-** II 1.30 TRM 2E - 2E
**-** II 2.00 TRM 2E - **
So the MCT seems to be just 1hr for a 2E-2E connection for AF to AF. Your friends will have 1hr 15min to make the connection if all flights are on time. They'll need to clear security, and potentially change the concourse (K/L/M) that the flight departs from based on what concourse the incoming one arrives at. Clearing security adds a bit of bottleneck, but this should be doable as long as they head straight for their connection. If there are any delays to the incoming, it might become one needing some brisk walking but they should be able to get rebooked to the next available flight in case they do miss the connection (assuming that the flights are part of one booking). Ask them to look for the yellow signs and follow those.

Not sure how familiar they are with CDG, but if they have a choice for a longer connection, then it might be worth getting a longer connection to avoid any stress.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:21 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by KL803
Thanks Fabo.sk and Goldorak . It is indeed 2F. The 2F/E referred to the shuttle stop. So CDGVAL it is. This is a self-transfer on two separate tickets - I know, absolutely not recommended, but I've done this many times before, just not from T1 to 2F. My bad that at the time of booking, I wasn't aware of CZ being in T1. Wish me luck 😄 🤞
So to end the story: All went as planned. Flight from CAN landed right on schedule. After a short confusion at immigration at T1 (was directed to standard immigration instead of e-gates which are OK for Swiss passports), proceeded to CDGVAL and reached check-in at 2F just about 40 minutes after touch-down. I had to see a check-in agent to enter the checked-through luggage tag-# into AFs system which was done in a few minutes. Then through Acces No1 security and to the lounge where there was enough time (roughly 30 minutes) for some croissants and coffee. At ZRH all bags were on the belt after just a short wait.
In summary: all planets were aligned well for this trip, but there was absolutely no margin for error. A delay of 30 minutes or more would probably have led to a mis-connect or at least the bags wouldn't have made it. I would not recommend to do such a connection again!
Goldorak, mlin32, Fabo.sk and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:58 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Left luggage question: We would like to leave our large suitcases at CDG for a 4 night stay in Paris, as long as the logistics make sense.
  • We arrive on Iberia at 6pm, probably in Terminal 3.
  • The Bagages du Monde web page says their left luggage facility is in Terminal 2 Gare TGV-RER [face à l’hôtel Sheraton].
  • We fly out on AF from Terminal 2F at 10:05 am in Business.
Does it make sense?

About how much time will it take to change terminals and check the luggage? To retrieve it?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by bilofsky; Mar 29, 2024 at 8:59 pm Reason: Cosmetic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.