FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Reply

Old Jul 22, 08, 10:21 pm
  #631  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,378
I find that the DL-operated flights arrive at 2E, and the departure to Dubai is from 2F. At www.airfrance.us select Information and Services, At the Airport, Paris-CDG Transfers, then under the diagram click "Display the transfer routes..." for full instructions. Their instructions are to take the transfer shuttle in the restricted area.
rove312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 08, 10:58 pm
  #632  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,192
Originally Posted by okflyer View Post
Will probably need to go through passport control since you most likely will have to change terminals. Could possible be 2E? I Have not found where Air France leaves for Dubai. With 3 hours 20 minutes there should be ample time for transferring.
You don't need to go through passport control to change terminals at CDG, nor at most any other airport. There are airside buses.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 08, 10:14 pm
  #633  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Flying from SEA
Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
You don't need to go through passport control to change terminals at CDG, nor at most any other airport. There are airside buses.
When I flew from SEA to OSL via CDG in April and May I had to go through Passport Control. However, I was not transferring through CDG to another continent, but rather going on within Europe and to another Schengen (SP?) county at that.
okflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 08, 11:56 pm
  #634  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DWC/DXB
Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Posts: 3,048
Hi,

Originally Posted by okflyer View Post
When I flew from SEA to OSL via CDG in April and May I had to go through Passport Control. However, I was not transferring through CDG to another continent, but rather going on within Europe and to another Schengen (SP?) county at that.
The key here is that you were entering the Schengen zone. You always go through passport control in the first country in which you enter the zone.

If you had continued to ZRH or LHR, you would have been able to stay airside.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
GenevaFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 08, 11:57 pm
  #635  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Franklin TWP, NJ
Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Posts: 642
I have a 2 hour gap (AF) from EWR to CDG then on to BOM... I believe my flight from EWR arrives in Terminal 2E and I have to run to 2C... is two hours enough? I have a Le Affaires ticket... will I get any special assistance.. this is my first international flight.. or am I asking for Trouble?
Dhamal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 08, 11:59 pm
  #636  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,198
Originally Posted by Dhamal View Post
I have a 2 hour gap (AF) from EWR to CDG then on to BOM... I believe my flight from EWR arrives in Terminal 2E and I have to run to 2C... is two hours enough? I have a Le Affaires ticket... will I get any special assistance.. this is my first international flight.. or am I asking for Trouble?
Two hours is fine. Just take the airside bus. 2C is one stop away from 2E. Enjoy your flights .
JOUY31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:01 am
  #637  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Flying from SEA
Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer View Post
The key here is that you were entering the Schengen zone. You always go through passport control in the first country in which you enter the zone.
YEP, where you come from, and where you are going makes all the difference!
okflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:06 am
  #638  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Franklin TWP, NJ
Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Posts: 642
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
Two hours is fine. Just take the airside bus. 2C is one stop away from 2E. Enjoy your flights .
Thanx for your assistance and quick response.. is there a walkway or the bus is the only route?
Dhamal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:09 am
  #639  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,192
Originally Posted by okflyer View Post
When I flew from SEA to OSL via CDG in April and May I had to go through Passport Control. However, I was not transferring through CDG to another continent, but rather going on within Europe and to another Schengen (SP?) county at that.
Schengen means that for the purposes of immigration, most of Europe is one big country. So CDG to OSL isn't really an international flight in these terms.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 12:30 am
  #640  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Flying from SEA
Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Schengen means that for the purposes of immigration, most of Europe is one big country. So CDG to OSL isn't really an international flight in these terms.
True in a way. It is an international flight for customs, and as far as tax free shopping are concerned, but not as far as passport control (Immigration) is concerned.
okflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 1:34 am
  #641  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,198
Originally Posted by Dhamal View Post
Thanx for your assistance and quick response.. is there a walkway or the bus is the only route?
Walking would involve two immigration checks, one to enter France in 2E, and one in 2C to leave France. Once you are landside in 2E, you would need a 10mn walk to reach the immigration check in 2C.
JOUY31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 5:47 am
  #642  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,192
edited due to misreading

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 25, 08 at 7:43 am
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 5:55 am
  #643  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE
Programs: (EK) Skywards Gold
Posts: 47
First time in CDG

Hello all,

We are a family of 5 flying from Dubai to Rome. Our flight from Dubai arrives at 6:05am while our flight to Rome departs at 07:15am. Is 1:10 minutes enough time to connect in CDG? This will be our first time in the airport and we heard of how difficult it is to connect at CDG...

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark
shango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 6:03 am
  #644  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,192
Originally Posted by shango View Post
Hello all,

We are a family of 5 flying from Dubai to Rome. Our flight from Dubai arrives at 6:05am while our flight to Rome departs at 07:15am. Is 1:10 minutes enough time to connect in CDG? This will be our first time in the airport and we heard of how difficult it is to connect at CDG...
The only answer is maybe. We might be able to give more information if you list your airlines and terminals?
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 08, 6:11 am
  #645  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat Elite, Skywards Platinum, Flyingblue Gold
Posts: 210
I'm flying BCN - CDG terminal 2F Arrival: 1225 on Aug 06 (wednesday)
Then CDG - HKG from terminal 2E, departure: 1335, both in business.

Should I be affraid?


On the return flight, HKG-CDG arrival at 0620 and CDG - BCN departure 0705.
This was booked through AF; I'm quite sure that I'll miss the connection on the return flight but I don't care, I'm worried about the outbound flight.

What do you think?

Last edited by josep; Jul 25, 08 at 6:19 am
josep is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread