FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Mar 29, 19, 2:21 am
  #1591  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,701
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Normally, you are only allowed to access the terminal/concourse you are departing from.
Is it being enforced by the machines at the entrance?
Ditto is online now  
Old Mar 29, 19, 3:21 am
  #1592  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 26
Apologies if this question has been answered before, but I am scheduled to fly BLR-CDG-CUN on AF191 / AF650. The BLR-CDG flight lands in Terminal 2E. I would need to get to Terminal 2F to catch my flight to CUN. Can I reach Terminal 2F from Terminal 2E remaining airside all the time? If I need to go through passport control, I would need to apply for a visa, hence asking. Thanks!
ajayr is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 6:13 am
  #1593  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,995
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Apologies if this question has been answered before, but I am scheduled to fly BLR-CDG-CUN on AF191 / AF650. The BLR-CDG flight lands in Terminal 2E. I would need to get to Terminal 2F to catch my flight to CUN. Can I reach Terminal 2F from Terminal 2E remaining airside all the time? If I need to go through passport control, I would need to apply for a visa, hence asking. Thanks!
CUN will also depart from 2E, so remain in 2E. The 2F departure for this flight only applies to pax originating in Paris for their check-in. I know it's confusing but at least you are able to get the right advice on Flyertalk
ajayr likes this.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 6:14 am
  #1594  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,995
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Is it being enforced by the machines at the entrance?
Yes, the scan of the BP at security will beep you red, so you'll have to discuss with the agent to see if he/she wants to let you go through in the wrong terminal.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 6:04 am
  #1595  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 215
Guys it's allowed, i'm currently in the lounge gare L whereas my flight will leave gate K
However i have a big layover so that's helpful
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 19, 3:21 am
  #1596  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 994
Sorry if this has been asked before - I'm flying BOM-CDG-FCO on 9W124 + AF1104, will my flight depart from 2E or 2F? Also will I be able to use the YotelAir lounge?
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 6, 19, 5:01 am
  #1597  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,995
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before - I'm flying BOM-CDG-FCO on 9W124 + AF1104, will my flight depart from 2E or 2F? Also will I be able to use the YotelAir lounge?
FCO departs from 2F, BOM on 9W from 2C. Same for arrivals. No access to Yotel (2E).
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 6, 19, 11:59 pm
  #1598  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

FCO departs from 2F, BOM on 9W from 2C. Same for arrivals. No access to Yotel (2E).
Thank you! Any paid lounges I can access in 2F for a quick shower?
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 7, 19, 2:22 am
  #1599  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,701
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
Thank you! Any paid lounges I can access in 2F for a quick shower?
Only the AF lounge, depends on how busy you might be able to pay to get in, not sure the exact cost but probably around 30 Eur or so
Ditto is online now  
Old Apr 7, 19, 5:25 am
  #1600  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,995
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Only the AF lounge, depends on how busy you might be able to pay to get in, not sure the exact cost but probably around 30 Eur or so
35Ä or 8000 miles. But knowing the times of OPís flights, I doubt he will be able to have a paid access because this is a very busy time. I was discussing recently with some AF CDG lounge attendants and they were telling me that they decline most paid access requests because of overcrowding.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 7, 19, 6:33 am
  #1601  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 994
Thank you! Will try my luck
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 7, 19, 7:04 am
  #1602  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,701
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
35Ä or 8000 miles
That would be one expensive shower...
Ditto is online now  
Old Apr 12, 19, 1:36 pm
  #1603  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
I was wondering... as a mother travelling with 3 kids on Air France (TLV-CDG-SOUthampton) with a 13-HR stop at CDG, what are the chances of Air France allowing a short-check at CDG without a penalty (1 suitcase)?

Last edited by sophiez; Apr 12, 19 at 1:39 pm Reason: Added info
sophiez is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 8:29 pm
  #1604  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,995
Originally Posted by sophiez View Post
I was wondering... as a mother travelling with 3 kids on Air France (TLV-CDG-SOUthampton) with a 13-HR stop at CDG, what are the chances of Air France allowing a short-check at CDG without a penalty (1 suitcase)?
Is that an overnight stop or just during the day ? If it’s overnight, I am sure they will accept to check bags to CDG only. If a day stop, I doubt they will. It’s not because you have 3 kids with you that they will deviate from rules. You could have 20 newborns with you, that wouldn’t change .
Of course, nothing wrong asking at the counter in TLV. But if I were you, play it safe and keep a carry-on with all you need without relying on a possible short-check of one bag.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 8:49 pm
  #1605  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Thank you for replying. No, not overnight, 5am - 6pm. Yes, will ask in TLV.
With penalty (275 Euro?) they will agree for sure, right?
sophiez is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: