Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Quick question:
I was at the 2C arrivals lounge last weekend on an OTP-CDG-ORD connection. They asked for my boarding pass and I gave them my OTP-CDG pass. I was then asked for my connecting pass. Is it a requirement that you need an ongoing flight to use the lounge? It doesnt matter next weekend (ORD-CDG-OTP) but usually I just fly ORD-CDG and want to take a shower before heading into the city.

Thanks,
Gary
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by gldwebs
Quick question:
I was at the 2C arrivals lounge last weekend on an OTP-CDG-ORD connection. They asked for my boarding pass and I gave them my OTP-CDG pass. I was then asked for my connecting pass. Is it a requirement that you need an ongoing flight to use the lounge? It doesnt matter next weekend (ORD-CDG-OTP) but usually I just fly ORD-CDG and want to take a shower before heading into the city.

Thanks,
Gary
You were able to use the arrivals lounge after arriving in CDG, coming from OTP ? This is unusual when arriving from an intra-European flight.

Going back to the question you raised, when flying ORD-CDG, you can use the lounge without an onward connection and boarding pass. The information about an onward connection is used only for statistical purposes.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
You were able to use the arrivals lounge after arriving in CDG, coming from OTP ? This is unusual when arriving from an intra-European flight.

Going back to the question you raised, when flying ORD-CDG, you can use the lounge without an onward connection and boarding pass. The information about an onward connection is used only for statistical purposes.
Yes, I was allowed to use it after arriving from OTP. I didnt have to explain much, but if she would have pressed the issue I could have explained that I just flew YVR-AMS-OTP-CDG without getting a chance to see a shower or bed and would like to feel comfortable on my last CDG-ORD flight.

Frankly I smelled from 24 hours of flying without a shower and 6 hours sitting in OTP. I think she can tell from looking at me that I could really use it!

Thanks for the answer on the ORD-CDG question!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 3:26 pm

I thought the 2C arrivals lounge was open to all ST E+ people. On my first trip they let me right in but on the second trip I was told I could not enter. She spent 20 minutes researching it and said in the end I was not permitted. She was nice enought to let me in this one time but told me in the future that ST E+ can only use the departure lounges. Is this correct?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Exclamation Breaking News

Arrival Lounge at 2C Terminal now open until 4h30pm

http://home.edt02.net/emc/R/emcrV4c....088997-0-0-0-0
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Denied access

Hi,

Just came back from a trip to US. Was on AF from Detroit. Arrived in CDG and was connecting to the TGV to Brussels, but had a wait. So I wanted to use the Arrivals lounge during the wait. I was with a companion. I went to the lounge and at first I was denied access as a ST E+, but after a small argument with the lounge dragon. In the end, she gave me access but told me that my companion was not allowed.

She told me that normally only the following members qualified to enter:
Club 2000
FB Gold and Platinum
First and Business on AF, DL and CO.

However, because my companion could not enter, I told her I will not enter too. This is my first time having problems using the lounge as I did use it before as E+ with guest.

Well, just my experience.

Old Apr 9, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
too bad. there where 3 FTer in the lounge this morning. would have been nice to welcome you
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: Plat FB / Gold Emirates
Stupid question maybe but just neede some clarification.

I am in Paris for a few hours next month and wanted to check if I can use the AF arrivals lounge?
I am flying economy but an AF Plat.

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
Stupid question maybe but just neede some clarification.

I am in Paris for a few hours next month and wanted to check if I can use the AF arrivals lounge?
I am flying economy but an AF Plat.

Thanks
What is your itinerary ?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:07 am

Programs: Plat FB / Gold Emirates
flying singapore - paris - (2 days in Paris for a meeting) birmingham.

i arrive very early in to Paris, and wanted somewhere to freshen up before going to a meeting.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:23 am
Original Poster

No problem at all using the arrivals lounge upon arrival from SIN. The lounge opens at 6:00 and your flight arrives right after that.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by JOUY31
No problem at all using the arrivals lounge upon arrival from SIN. The lounge opens at 6:00 and your flight arrives right after that.
You mean 5:00 am ?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

You are right, sorry
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Access to Kenya Airways Business pax?

Here is an unusual scenario...
We'll be flying Kenya Airways (KQ) NBO-CDG, arriving in CDG at 5:45AM. We'll be flying Business Class (Premier World) on an award ticket. KQ is not a ST member, but they ARE a partner of AF's. As a matter of fact, this flight also has a AF codeshare # (though we'll be flying it using a KQ flight number).

Will we be able to access the AF Arrivals Lounge? FWIW, I am a ST Elite + Member, and we will be connecting to a AF FC CDG-AMS, and then CO BF AMS-EWR.
Also, will we even have time to get a quick shower, assuming we can get into the arrivals lounge? Our CDG-AMS flight leaves at 7:20AM, so we'll only have a 1H:35M layover in CDG (arriving into 2A, leaving from 2F)?

Thanks,
Bostonbali

Last edited by bostonbali; May 20, 2007 at 3:05 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 3:12 am

I used the Arrivals Lounge this week and enjoyed it. However, I placed my clothing in the closet for pressing and nothing happened. I turned the dial in the closet and nothing happened. I pushed the button in the room and nothing happened. Finally, I asked an attendant to press my clothes and nothing happened. What did I do wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.