Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Burj
Really?

I have a MAD-CDG flight that arrives around 9:20 am and my flight from CDG to JFK leaves at 7:10 pm (both Air France).

I had planned to take a shower and get some food at the arrivals lounge before heading into Paris to meet some friends and then coming back for my flight...

So would the short hop from MAD to CDG not allow me access to the Arrivals lounge, even though I have the long evening flight?
No, it would not. You would be expected to use the lounge and the showers in the 2E departures lounge, which would not be possible if you want to do it before heading into Paris.

A little off topic...but there is NO SkyTeam lounge in MAD, right?
AF uses an airport lounge operated by AENA.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
No, it would not. You would be expected to use the lounge and the showers in the 2E departures lounge, which would not be possible if you want to do it before heading into Paris.

AF uses an airport lounge operated by AENA.
Hmm....If that is the case, will I get my boarding pass for the evening flight when I check in at MAD? If so, if I arrive from MAD, do I have to exit security or can I go a lounge that is "air side"...

I've done this at AMS where I arrived from one Shengen country and then departed to return to the U.S. In AMS you don't have to leave security, just go through passport control so I could access all the KLM lounges.

I guess what I am asking is if there is anything from stopping me from going to the lounge at 2E, as if I intended to just stay at the airport the whole day...take a shower, get some food, and then LEAVE the airport and come back the 6 hours later to catch my evening flight?

And regarding the airport lounge that AF uses at MAD, as a contract lounge will it let me, as a SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Platinum) who is flying on Air France in? Or is it JUST for Air France business class customers?

Thanks for the help with this..I've traveled to/from CDG before but never as a x-fer passenger and not when I had SkyTeam Elite + status...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Hmm....If that is the case, will I get my boarding pass for the evening flight when I check in at MAD? If so, if I arrive from MAD, do I have to exit security or can I go a lounge that is "air side"...
When you arrive from MAD, you cannot access an airside lounge without going into the international transit area in your departure terminal.

I've done this at AMS where I arrived from one Shengen country and then departed to return to the U.S. In AMS you don't have to leave security, just go through passport control so I could access all the KLM lounges.

I guess what I am asking is if there is anything from stopping me from going to the lounge at 2E, as if I intended to just stay at the airport the whole day...take a shower, get some food, and then LEAVE the airport and come back the 6 hours later to catch my evening flight?
I've never tried it, but would expect that it is not allowed. The terminals for flights from MAD and to the US are different. You can only use the lounge in 2E and it is airside, past immigration and security.

And regarding the airport lounge that AF uses at MAD, as a contract lounge will it let me, as a SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Platinum) who is flying on Air France in? Or is it JUST for Air France business class customers?
I have used it as an AF Plat flying coach back tol CDG on AF.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:11 am

First, thank you so much for you help with all my questions! I really appreciate it!

I just checked and my flight from MAD arrives at 2F and my flight to JFK leaves from 2E.

In general, if a flight arrives at 2F from a Shengen country, and a person is connecting to a flight that leaves 2F to a different Shengen country, do they have to leave the airside?

My confusion comes from the fact that I thought the "Shengen Zone" of European airports were like domestic terminals in the U.S. When you arrive at the terminal, you can connect to another domestic flight without having to go through security again.

If that is the case, when my flight from MAD arrives, it will be airside of 2F, so can't I get to the lounges in 2F before either going to 2E or to the RER station?

When you arrive from MAD, you cannot access an airside lounge without going into the international transit area in your departure terminal.

I've never tried it, but would expect that it is not allowed. The terminals for flights from MAD and to the US are different. You can only use the lounge in 2E and it is airside, past immigration and security.

I have used it as an AF Plat flying coach back tol CDG on AF.
Where is the lounge at MAD that Air France uses? I'll give it a try and see if they will let me in!

(thanks again for your help with this...I'm pretty excited to be flying Air France and going through CDG!)
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:46 am
Original Poster

In general, if a flight arrives at 2F from a Shengen country, and a person is connecting to a flight that leaves 2F to a different Shengen country, do they have to leave the airside?
Yes.

My confusion comes from the fact that I thought the "Shengen Zone" of European airports were like domestic terminals in the U.S. When you arrive at the terminal, you can connect to another domestic flight without having to go through security again.
The Schengen agreement is about the lack of control of passports and visas. Security checks are still implemented by national police authorities and implementation can vary within a given country.

If that is the case, when my flight from MAD arrives, it will be airside of 2F, so can't I get to the lounges in 2F before either going to 2E or to the RER station?
There is a strict separation between arriving and departing passengers in CDG, so the answer is unfortunately no.

Where is the lounge at MAD that Air France uses? I'll give it a try and see if they will let me in!
It is airside. Just ask at the check-in counter.

(thanks again for your help with this...I'm pretty excited to be flying Air France and going through CDG!)
Enjoy your flights .
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:51 am

There is a strict separation between arriving and departing passengers in CDG, so the answer is unfortunately no.
AH! That is what I didn't realize...I thought it was like AMS where there wasn't any separation except for passport control going from Shengen to non-Shengen and then the security check right at the gate....

O.K. It is good to know all this ahead of time...now I'll make it a point to have an early lunch with my friends in Paris and get back to CDG in time to take a shower at the 2E lounge before leaving for JFK...

Thanks again!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im looking forward to using this arrivals lounge again when I land from IAH next week. Are they still offering the L'Occitane amenity kits in the shower rooms? I will be connecting to NBO on KQ...which terminal does KQ use at CDG and do they use AF's departure lounge facilities?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im looking forward to using this arrivals lounge again when I land from IAH next week. Are they still offering the L'Occitane amenity kits in the shower rooms?
yes they do (at least, last week it was still the case)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA 1mm LT Gold
JFK-CDG-TLV

Hello,
I'm going JFK -> CDG -> TLV (Tel Aviv).

There is a 6 hour layover. My arrival and departure are both 2E.

Can I assume that I would be using the 2E lounge...or since I'm also arriving on a long haul, I'd have to use 2C... or is it actually my choice, with 6 hours I can claim to just be arriving, or plan to be departing.

Lastly, if it becomes my choice, which do I want to choose?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by smlsml
Hello,
I'm going JFK -> CDG -> TLV (Tel Aviv).

There is a 6 hour layover. My arrival and departure are both 2E.

Can I assume that I would be using the 2E lounge...or since I'm also arriving on a long haul, I'd have to use 2C... or is it actually my choice, with 6 hours I can claim to just be arriving, or plan to be departing.

Lastly, if it becomes my choice, which do I want to choose?
From JFK, you can arrive at 2C, 2E or 2F (impossible to know before). But as TLV leaves from 2E : yes, you'll have to use one of the two 2E lounge (the one serving the concourse of your flight).
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Wife and I are flying AF on an award ticket this week going IAD-CDG-DUB. Tickets from IAD-CDG are in business and then CDG-DUB in Y. Looks like we arrive in 2E. We arrive around 11:45 and then leave about 4 hours later.

Where will we clear immigration and will we have to reclaim our luggage at CDG? Will we have time to get to the Arrivals lounge for a shower and snack? I am assuming that since we are in Y on the flight to DUB, we won't have access to any departure lounges. If we can get to the Arrivals lounge, how much time will we need to get back into the secure zone and catch our onward flight?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Wife and I are flying AF on an award ticket this week going IAD-CDG-DUB. Tickets from IAD-CDG are in business and then CDG-DUB in Y. Looks like we arrive in 2E. We arrive around 11:45 and then leave about 4 hours later.

Where will we clear immigration and will we have to reclaim our luggage at CDG? Will we have time to get to the Arrivals lounge for a shower and snack? I am assuming that since we are in Y on the flight to DUB, we won't have access to any departure lounges. If we can get to the Arrivals lounge, how much time will we need to get back into the secure zone and catch our onward flight?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
You can never be sure of your arrival terminal at CDG as it's driven by Schengen or non-Schengen arrival. So to make it short, from IAD, you can arrive at 2C, 2E or 2F. As Ireland is not part of the Schengen area, you won't have to clear immigration in CDG. No luggage to pick-up at CDG. They will be delivered to you in DUB, where you'll clear both immigration & customs.
DUB flights departs from 2E, so depending at which terminal you'll arrive, either you stay in the same, or you have to transfer from 2C/2F to 2E but staying airside. This means that you won't be able to use the arrival lounge at 2C because it's landside. But I'm sure you can try the regular nice 2E lounge (also equipped with showers). Even if you fly Y to DUB, I think you can access it showing your J boarding pass from IAD.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can never be sure of your arrival terminal at CDG as it's driven by Schengen or non-Schengen arrival. So to make it short, from IAD, you can arrive at 2C, 2E or 2F. As Ireland is not part of the Schengen area, you won't have to clear immigration in CDG. No luggage to pick-up at CDG. They will be delivered to you in DUB, where you'll clear both immigration & customs.
DUB flights departs from 2E, so depending at which terminal you'll arrive, either you stay in the same, or you have to transfer from 2C/2F to 2E but staying airside. This means that you won't be able to use the arrival lounge at 2C because it's landside. But I'm sure you can try the regular nice 2E lounge (also equipped with showers). Even if you fly Y to DUB, I think you can access it showing your J boarding pass from IAD.
Thanks! If we can get into the 2E lounge, that would be great.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:53 am

The Air France website lists us arriving at CDG from JFK at 8:35am in Terminal 2E. We then have a flight to Madrid departing at 12:35pm in Terminal 2F. I am SkyTeam Elite through Delta and our tickets are in Affaires Class.

Will we be able to use the Arrivals Lounge? If not, is there a departures lounge in 2F? If neither, do we have another lounge option?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PurpleEph
The Air France website lists us arriving at CDG from JFK at 8:35am in Terminal 2E. We then have a flight to Madrid departing at 12:35pm in Terminal 2F. I am SkyTeam Elite through Delta and our tickets are in Affaires Class.

Will we be able to use the Arrivals Lounge? If not, is there a departures lounge in 2F? If neither, do we have another lounge option?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
You have ample time to go to the arrivals lounge, where you will able to enter on the basis of your Affaires tickets. It has shower suites that are far better than the showers in the 2F1 departures lounge and it offers ironing service for your clothes. The selection of press/magazines as well as the number of PCs is greater in the departures lounge, where you can spend some time after the arrivals lounge.

Enjoy your flights .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.