Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just made Rouge for the first time and I have a LYS-CDG-LAX-CDG-LYS flight coming up, booked in economy. I assume on my outbound from CDG I use the normal biz lounge in T2. And I guess I can use the DL lounge at LAX, right? But can I use the Arrivals lounge at CDG on the way back, given that I will transit to LYS? Where is the lounge? Are showers readily available?
Congratulations on making Rouge !

Yes, you can use the arrivals lounge (provided you have enough time and your flight from the US does not land after 2:00 PM). It is located landside at the end of terminal 2C close to the food court. There are 14 or 15 showers (quite pleasant) and you can have your suit ironed by the staff.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Congratulations on making Rouge !
Thanks! It only took a few months to get 30 segments.

Yes, you can use the arrivals lounge (provided you have enough time and your flight from the US does not land after 2:00 PM). It is located landside at the end of terminal 2C close to the food court. There are 14 or 15 showers (quite pleasant) and you can have your suit ironed by the staff.
I'm on the late flight from LAX so it will be well after 2pm. Does it actually close that early? Are there showers in the 2F lounge or anywhere else?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Yes, it does close at 2:00 PM (Originally, it closed around noon). The rationale behind that is that non-connecting passengers can check-in into their hotel room after 2:00 PM and that connecting passengers can use the departures lounges. Posters in this forum have reported showers in the 2F lounges (both 2F1 & 2F2) but I have never used them and cannot give any first hand experience.

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 13, 2004 at 9:45 am
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
The only published restriction is that you're supposed to use the lounge in the terminal your flight departs from. So that means the leg to LYS. If that lounge has showers, you're good to go. Otherwise, to use the lounge in 2F (where you arrive) you need to sweet talk your way past security and past the lounge staff. That may be tricky but it could be worth trying.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:03 am

Posters in this forum have reported showers in the 2F lounges (both 2F1 & 2F2) but I have never used them and cannot give any first hand experience.
There are definitely showers in the Schengen portion of 2F, which I used during the recent closure of the 2C Arrivals Lounge. There are about three shower rooms; one must surrender your onwards boarding pass to obtain a key from the lounge reception staff. Be advised that there are no toliets in the shower rooms - the lounge restroom is down the hall from the showers. Towels and an amenity kit are provided, as in the arrivals lounge. If there are any other "arrivals" services offered (e.g., pressing of clothes), I was not made aware of it.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
showers 2F

Yes, it does close at 2:00 PM (Originally, it closed around noon). The rationale behind that is that non-connecting passengers can check-in into their hotel room after 2:00 PM and that connecting passengers can use the departures lounges. Posters in this forum have reported showers in the 2F lounges (both 2F1 & 2F2) but I have never used them and cannot give any first hand experience.
2F lounges = two showers (in each C & F) , no iron service.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:25 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Can anybody tell me when the arrival (or departure) lounges open in the morning. In November I'll be flying in F from NRT-CDG, arriving at 4:30am and having to wait three hours for the connection to ZRH. Is a lounge with showers open that early in the morning?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Arrivals Lounge Terminal 2C

hi,

i am maybe going to fly from ATL-CDG2C-ZYR in January and i am arivving in BizE and connecting to the Train can i use the Arrivals lounge and wil my bag wait
Old Sep 27, 2004, 6:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
hi,

i am maybe going to fly from ATL-CDG2C-ZYR in January and i am arivving in BizE and connecting to the Train can i use the Arrivals lounge and wil my bag wait
Yes, you can use it. I'm not sure I understand the 2nd query, but you will have to get your bags at CDG and re-check them in on to ZYR.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dctorres
Yes, you can use it. I'm not sure I understand the 2nd query, but you will have to get your bags at CDG and re-check them in on to ZYR.
i mean with the 2nd query that if i go to the ARRivals lounge what would happen with my bags
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
i mean with the 2nd query that if i go to the ARRivals lounge what would happen with my bags
You will have to bring them with you to the Arrivals Lounge. There are several cubicles for you to store luggage while availing yourself to the lounge facilities. There is also an AF agent at the desk in clear view of the luggage.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by dctorres
You will have to bring them with you to the Arrivals Lounge. There are several cubicles for you to store luggage while availing yourself to the lounge facilities. There is also an AF agent at the desk in clear view of the luggage.

Thank You for All information but i just (unfortuanaly) got booked on the DL route BRU-ATL-BRU
Old Oct 1, 2004, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zurichflyer
Can anybody tell me when the arrival (or departure) lounges open in the morning. In November I'll be flying in F from NRT-CDG, arriving at 4:30am and having to wait three hours for the connection to ZRH. Is a lounge with showers open that early in the morning?
According to the SkyTeam web site :
- the arrivals lounge in CDG2C opens at 5:00 AM
- the departures lounge for your flight to ZRH, located in CDG2B (no shower), opens at 5:30 AM

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 1, 2004 at 9:57 am
Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by FTraveler
Don't know how to post a link. But this info from UnofficialDLHelper at the DL Board: Effective July 15, DL B/E paxs will be able to access the AF arrivals lounge. Hurray!
Anyone know if this is still the official policy? I am flying DL B/E to Paris in two weeks and would like the chance to freshen up before trudging into the city.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Anyone know if this is still the official policy? I am flying DL B/E to Paris in two weeks and would like the chance to freshen up before trudging into the city.
Yes, you should have no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you hold on to your boarding pass (I tend to forget them on the plane from time to time), as you will need to present it at the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.