Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:41 pm

access to the arrivals lounge in CDG

hello! We are using miles for tickets in bussiness class with one of the members of skyteam(Aeromexico) to Paris.Arrivin on terminal 2E. Anybody know if we can use the arrivals louge that Airfrance has on terminal 2C? we will have like 5 hours layover in CDG before flying coach with airfrance to Zurich.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:46 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
I think that if you arrive from a long haul SKYTEAM flight it should be OK.
You maybe have to discuss but from my opinion you have 90% chance to get it.
Don't forget to let us know if Y or N they let you go in.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:44 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
AF Arrivals Lounge at CDG?

Couple of questions about the AF arrivals lounge at CDG.

First, if I'm connecting from a US-CDG flight to a CDG-UK flight, (all in business class), will I be able to use the arrivals lounge?

Does the lounge have showers?

Is breakfast served in the lounge? If so, is it substantial enough that I can skip breakfast on the plane and sleep a bit longer?

Finally, if I'm looking at a flight that arrives at CDG around 6:30-7:30 and my connection to the UK departs at 9:45, would I have enough time to go to the arrivals lounge, grab a shower and some breakfast?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:07 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Sure you can access to the lougne in terminal 2C. In my opinin the breakfast serve in the lounge is far better than the one they usually serve in the plane (I kind of hate those airplane omelettes).
There are plenty of very showers, they can unfold your clothes too dring the shower time.

Your connection time is largely enought to get the the lounge if you don't get lost in CDG.
Also they have a rest area with massge beds that are quite nice for an extra 1h nap
Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Couple of questions about the AF arrivals lounge at CDG.

First, if I'm connecting from a US-CDG flight to a CDG-UK flight, (all in business class), will I be able to use the arrivals lounge?

Does the lounge have showers?

Is breakfast served in the lounge? If so, is it substantial enough that I can skip breakfast on the plane and sleep a bit longer?

Finally, if I'm looking at a flight that arrives at CDG around 6:30-7:30 and my connection to the UK departs at 9:45, would I have enough time to go to the arrivals lounge, grab a shower and some breakfast?
The AF arrivals lounge I used at CDG last year had a few showers and they gave me an amenity kit for use in the bathroom. The shower/bathroom was rather basic and the offering of food at the lounge was nothing special, but it was functional. My schedule was similar to yours and I had no problem (after I located the arrivals lounge).
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
biz class access??

Originally Posted by Adrien
Sure you can access to the lougne in terminal 2C. In my opinin the breakfast serve in the lounge is far better than the one they usually serve in the plane (I kind of hate those airplane omelettes).
There are plenty of very showers, they can unfold your clothes too dring the shower time.

Your connection time is largely enought to get the the lounge if you don't get lost in CDG.
Also they have a rest area with massge beds that are quite nice for an extra 1h nap
Adrien,
I noticed that the original post said Biz class all the way, So you can access the arrival lounges in BIZ?? We will be going next month to Turkey on AF in Biz, have long layover in CDG. It would be great to have access to Arrivals lounge. Departing SFO to CDG....do you know if we can we make reservations on arrival or departure???

thanks

row1a
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by row1A
Adrien,
I noticed that the original post said Biz class all the way, So you can access the arrival lounges in BIZ?? We will be going next month to Turkey on AF in Biz, have long layover in CDG. It would be great to have access to Arrivals lounge. Departing SFO to CDG....do you know if we can we make reservations on arrival or departure???

thanks

row1a

I am sorry I don't get your get question regarding potential reservation. Do you mean reservation for the lounge?? If yes there are absolutly no need to make any resevation just show up with the boarding pass of your SFO CDG flight. As long as it is Biz or if your are skyteam Elite plus they will let you in.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:23 am

I am sorry I don't get your get question regarding potential reservation. Do you mean reservation for the lounge?? If yes there are absolutly no need to make any resevation just show up with the boarding pass of your SFO CDG flight. As long as it is Biz or if your are skyteam Elite plus they will let you in.
Thanks,
I did mean make a reservation, this is our first flt on AF and in business class with AF, with United you can make a reservation at some of their arrival lounges, so I thought we could also do that, but if there is no need... great

row1a
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I had 90 mins at cdg on monday coming from SIN 2C; they checked passports as we got off the plane which delayed things; signage is awful if non existant; indeed one sign was a bit of paper with the gates written in biro on it which had fallen off the wall. Getting past the queues for immigration even though I hadnt got to go through them was a major task. Eventually got on the bus to take me to 2F for my departing UK flight which took ages; again no announcements or signage; lots of confused passengers. Queued for security for 15 mins in 2F; had a quick look for the lounge; no signs of course and didnt find it; gave up and went to my gate; they had to board early as we had to get on another bus that took us 12 mins to reach the plane. I would certainly advise not hanging around; get to where you need to be!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, AA Gld
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I had 90 mins at cdg on monday coming from SIN 2C; they checked passports as we got off the plane which delayed things; signage is awful if non existant; indeed one sign was a bit of paper with the gates written in biro on it which had fallen off the wall. Getting past the queues for immigration even though I hadnt got to go through them was a major task. Eventually got on the bus to take me to 2F for my departing UK flight which took ages; again no announcements or signage; lots of confused passengers. Queued for security for 15 mins in 2F; had a quick look for the lounge; no signs of course and didnt find it; gave up and went to my gate; they had to board early as we had to get on another bus that took us 12 mins to reach the plane. I would certainly advise not hanging around; get to where you need to be!
Well, that sounds like a typical connection in CDG !!!

It is a shame that AF has to put up with the incompetence of ADP which manages the CDG airport. This has been a big bone of contention over the years, and unfortunately for AF's image, most people associate CDG with AF...

CDG is definitely not in the same class as some othe major European hubs...
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Getting back to the original post.

You have two options and, if your incoming flight is on schedule, you have the time for either one of them.

1/ use the arrivals lounge and walk landside from 2C to 2F2
This involves going twice through immigration, once upon arrival in 2C and once upon departure in 2F2. Immigration upon arrival can seem disorganized, but it hardly ever takes me more than 15mn to go through it (organized immigration queues in TBIT in LAX have taken up to 90mn of my time, so I'll take seemingly disorganized any time if it is three to six times shorter). Immigration check upon departure has never taken me more than 10mn.

Once you have cleared immigration in 2C, it should take you less than 5mn to reach the arrivals lounge. Is the lounge basic ? Well, there are 15 showers, I have never had to wait for one, and I find the overall experience pleasant, although it is neither an MB spa nor the Wing . The time needed to reach 2F2 immigration after leaving the arrivals lounge is about 10mn, via the Sheraton hotel, located above the TGV station. After both the immigration check and the security check for departing passengers in 2F2, you need less than 5mn to reach any departure gate.

2. remain outside the Schengen zone and take the airside shuttle from 2C to 2F2
This has taken me from 10mn to 30mn, depending on the arrival of the shuttle and its load. As this shuttle does not stop at Schengen terminals, there is only one 2F stop, which is the one you need to disembark at (2F2). You then need to clear security for connecting passengers (5-15mn) and you can then use the departures lounge which is located on the lower level, a the far end of the 2F2 peninsula. I believe there is only one shower in the business lounge, and the lounge itself can be very crowded.

Overall, I would recommend option 1.

Enjoy your flight

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 20, 2005 at 2:49 pm
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:16 am

arrivals

[QUOTE=JOUY31]Getting back to the original post.

You have two options and, if your incoming flight is on schedule, you have the time for either one of them.

JOUY31

Thanks for the info, this helps a couple of us, I'm not even sure what terminal we will be coming into from San Francisco, Will give AF a call, but have printed out your Rec's and will put into our flt travel folder.

row1a
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by row1A
I'm not even sure what terminal we will be coming into from San Francisco,
you'll arrive at Terminal 2C (if flying on AF83)
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:13 am

Sure you can access to the lougne in terminal 2C.
Remeber, it's open until 2PM. Yes, 2PM! It's o joke, like the entire CDG
airport. The rude people will send you wrong directions, all the old
layout of glass walls with no way to go through, it's a shame.
But I guess noboady cares in France anyway, they think people will
be coming no matter what, because Paris is beatiful...
They just can't take no credit for what Paris is and they will for what
Paris will be - a dead town...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
AF arrivals lounge at CDG

I know it's already been discusssed here, but I cannot find the thread.
Can someone tell me where the AF arrival lounge is exactly, when it's open and other relevant details.
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.