Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
This is your only option for a shower, as you will not be able to use a 2E lounge upon arrival and there are no showers in the 2D Lounge. Enjoy your flights !
Well, I guess that narrows it down! Thanks for the quick clarification. If my understanding is correct, I would have had to clear immigration and so forth anyway, so the only difference/inconvenience in having to go landside here is the security check to go back into 2D. Which I guess would include making sure I don't buy any liquid duty free on my flight up (not that I was planning to, but sometimes I do get bored and do silly things on very long flights...)

Looking forward to my first AF flight in quite awhile, although a bit nostalgic to think that the last time I flew AF, they took me across the Atlantic in under three hours. This time, albeit on a longer routing, it's taking four times longer!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Schultzois
If my understanding is correct, I would have had to clear immigration and so forth anyway, so the only difference/inconvenience in having to go landside here is the security check to go back into 2D.
Well, security regulations in CDG require you to clear security when boarding a flight in CDG, whether you are connecting or not.So there is no difference.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:56 am

Well, security regulations in CDG require you to clear security when boarding a flight in CDG, whether you are connecting or not.So there is no difference.
Well, that makes the decision all the simpler, then... thanks.

One more thought - how generous are the breakfast offerings in the Arrivals lounge (and do they clear everything away around noon, like BA does at its arrivals lounge in London?) Alternately, if I have to venture out of the lounge to find a bit to eat, do you know if there's anything decent?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well, that makes the decision all the simpler, then... thanks.

One more thought - how generous are the breakfast offerings in the Arrivals lounge (and do they clear everything away around noon, like BA does at its arrivals lounge in London?) Alternately, if I have to venture out of the lounge to find a bit to eat, do you know if there's anything decent?
Correct, but not overly generous. Croissants, ham, cheese, cold egg, fresh fruit juice ... The buffet breakfast at the Sheraton (at the center of CDG2, 5mn away from the arrivals lounge) is nice.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:16 am

Correct, but not overly generous. Croissants, ham, cheese, cold egg, fresh fruit juice ... The buffet breakfast at the Sheraton (at the center of CDG2, 5mn away from the arrivals lounge) is nice.
When you say 'correct', are you saying that I'm correct in suspecting they might clear everything away around noon? My arrival is scheduled for 11am, so it's certainly possible I'd be getting in the lounge as/after they clear - if that's at noon, that is.

Perhaps what I should actually be looking for is a light lunch... I suppose the Sheraton would have some option, but do you know of any (other) good places to get a bite? Perhaps after I've ventured out of the shower/arrivals lounge, as I'll have plenty of time, I think. Thanks again.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:20 am
Original Poster

When you say 'correct', are you saying that I'm correct in suspecting they might clear everything away around noon? My arrival is scheduled for 11am, so it's certainly possible I'd be getting in the lounge as/after they clear - if that's at noon, that is.

Perhaps what I should actually be looking for is a light lunch... I suppose the Sheraton would have some option, but do you know of any (other) good places to get a bite? Perhaps after I've ventured out of the shower/arrivals lounge, as I'll have plenty of time, I think. Thanks again.
Well, correct was not the right word, as I used the French meaning, not the proper English one. I meant that th breakfast spread is fair or adequate. I have no personal experience with respect to when the staff clear the breakfast food.

Regarding lunch, the buffet lunch at the Sheraton is really not bad at all. Other possibilities for lunch include Brasserie Flo, landside in 2F, as well as some of the restaurants in the two food courts located landside, the first one between 2A and 2C, the second one between 2B and 2D.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:32 am

Well, correct was not the right word, as I used the French meaning, not the proper English one. I meant that th breakfast spread is fair or adequate. I have no personal experience with respect to when the staff clear the breakfast food.

Regarding lunch, the buffet lunch at the Sheraton is really not bad at all. Other possibilities for lunch include Brasserie Flo, landside in 2F, as well as some of the restaurants in the two food courts located landside, the first one between 2A and 2C, the second one between 2B and 2D.
Alright, now I understand, parfaitement. Thanks for the further advice - I think I've asked about every question possible, now. Merci.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:22 pm

What is the difference between arrival and departure lounges

Flying Delta/Air France Business Class from MCI-CVG-CDG-AMM, returning AMM-CDG-DTW-MCI. It appears that flights in and out of CDG is thru Terminal 2E.

I’ve been reading about lounges at CDG for some time and I guess I don’t understand what is the difference between the arrival lounge (T2C) and the departure lounges in the other terminals.
1. Why would someone choose one over the other?
2. If you have a connection in CDG, why not go straight to the departure lounge? I read that a person can not use 2E upon arrival, why not if you have a connection?
3. Anything special about T2C lounge that the others don’t have?
4. Does 2E have a shower?
5. Is food better in one lounge vs. the other?

Thanks,

Last edited by argeeleh; Mar 10, 2009 at 12:32 pm
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by argeeleh
Flying Delta/Air France Business Class from MCI-CVG-CDG-AMM, returning AMM-CDG-DTW-MCI. It appears that flights in and out of CDG is thru Terminal 2E.

I’ve been reading about lounges at CDG for some time and I guess I don’t understand what is the difference between the arrival lounge (T2C) and the departure lounges in the other terminals.
1. Why would someone choose one over the other?
2. If you have a connection in CDG, why not go straight to the departure lounge? I read that a person can not use 2E upon arrival, why not if you have a connection?
3. Anything special about T2C lounge that the others don’t have?
4. Does 2E have a shower?
5. Is food better in one lounge vs. the other?

Thanks,
I'll try to answer as best as I can...
1. the arrivals lounge is landside, primarily targeted to customers arriving at CDG and intending to stay in Paris. If I have enough time upon a connection when arriving from an intercontinental flight and travelling to a Schengen connection, I try to use it anyway because it's better than the one in 2D and there is no lounge at all in 2G. In your case it's definitely better to use the 2E lounges, as you would have to go through immigration just to access the arrivals lounge - not worth the hassle.
2. You can always use the lounge in your terminal of departure when connecting (in your case the one in 2E main terminal or the in the satellite S3, depending on your departure gate). If you are arriving and don't have a connection, though, the arrivals lounge is your only option.
3. The showers are probably the nicest at CDG (heck, they are the nicest I've seen so far anywhere in Europe or the US), but that's about it.
4. The one in the main terminal does. I'm not sure about the one in S3, but I would presume so (JOUY31 might be able to clarify?).
5. The difference isn't huge - breakfast might be a little more extensive in the arrivals lounge, but you won't starve in either of them. No personal experience about food options at lunchtime in the arrivals lounge.

As a roundup, the arrivals lounge can be a nice alternative if arriving from an intercontinental flight and having a connection from 2D or 2G. Otherwise, probably not worth the hassle, especially if you had to go through immigration just to access it.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:59 pm

haggis79, thank you for your quick and detailed response.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Arriving to CDG at 9am with connection at 8:30pm.
How hard is it to get to arrivals lounge from 2E and back to the RER station (which looks to me like it is located right between the terminals). More time than it's worth?
I will be connecting at 8:30pm so hopefully my bags will continue through on the 12 hour layover. I assume I will be flying back out of 2D to MUC if someone could tell me about that lounge?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Arriving to CDG at 9am with connection at 8:30pm.
How hard is it to get to arrivals lounge from 2E and back to the RER station (which looks to me like it is located right between the terminals). More time than it's worth?
the way from 2E to the arrivals lounge at the far end of 2C (coming from 2E) is quite straightforward and takes, depending on pace, 5-10 minutes. The RER station is pretty much exactly half-way between the baggage claim exit of 2E and the arrivals lounge. If you have the time and want to take a shower, it's definitely worth it.

I will be connecting at 8:30pm so hopefully my bags will continue through on the 12 hour layover. I assume I will be flying back out of 2D to MUC if someone could tell me about that lounge?
well... it's a lounge, that's about it. Old, and crowded at times. Allright food and drink options (all self-serve), no showers. Don't know about WiFi. Note that it is before security, so you have to allow some extra time to get to your gate.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haggis79
well... it's a lounge, that's about it. Old, and crowded at times. Allright food and drink options (all self-serve), no showers. Don't know about WiFi. Note that it is before security, so you have to allow some extra time to get to your gate.
Free wifi provided by Orange. Massage by Clarins on weekdays after the morning rush hour.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by haggis79
Note that it is before security, so you have to allow some extra time to get to your gate.
Wow, that was the tip of the day. I never would have thunk and just gone into security and try to go to the lounge since I probably will already have a boarding pass.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
I am arriving in 2E from Houston and connecting to the TGV to Brussels. I assume the 2C lounge is my best (only) choice since I won't be able to get to 2E? So, I'll just de-plane and head straight to the lunge, then back-track to the TGV? Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.