Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by africaflier
Thanks everyone. I haven't been to CDG in a while. Is it far from 2C to 2E?
At least a 10-15 fast walk. Have to walk from 2E to the RER station and then it is on the other side of the RER station.

See below:

The 2C lounge is on the lefy edge of the lower middle terminal where it says Agence Europcar. 2E is the bottom right most terminal.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=c...19591&t=h&z=16
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
At least a 10-15 fast walk. Have to walk from 2E to the RER station and then it is on the other side of the RER station.

See below:

The 2C lounge is on the lefy edge of the lower middle terminal where it says Agence Europcar. 2E is the bottom right most terminal.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=c...19591&t=h&z=16
thx!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
I'm arriving on a Delta flight in Y as a SkyTeam E+. Do I have access to the arrivals lounge?

I'm also meeting a friend arriving on a different AF flight in Y with no status. Can I guest her into the lounge with me? From what I read here (http://www.skyteam.com/about/why/lounges.html) it seems like I will get access and can guest her in.

"SkyTeam Elite Plus* members, regardless of their travel class, also have access to most SkyTeam lounges as long as travel is in conjunction with a same-day international connection on a SkyTeam-operated flight. In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest to join them in the lounge."

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if we can't use the arrivals lounge, is there another lounge airside that we can both go to?

Thanks!

Last edited by spikyone; Oct 1, 2010 at 1:24 am
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by spikyone
I'm arriving on a Delta flight in Y as a SkyTeam E+. Do I have access to the arrivals lounge?

I'm also meeting a friend arriving on a different AF flight in Y with no status.
Yes and yes.

Also, if we can't use the arrivals lounge, is there another lounge airside that we can both go to?

Thanks!
Yes as well. There's one per terminal at least.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club

Thanks!
You would both need a boarding pass for an onward flight to enter the gates area of the terminal where the lounge is located. And it would have to be the terminal from which your onward flight is leaving.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Originally Posted by raistlin
Yes and yes.

Yes as well. There's one per terminal at least.
Great! I had read something in the thread that suggested only guests on your same flight would be allowed in. Glad this is cleared up! Also, is there a good place for us to meet in front of the lounge? She will be arriving an hour earlier into 2C. I'd suggest the RER station, but it's quite large and might be hard to find people there...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Great! I had read something in the thread that suggested only guests on your same flight would be allowed in. Glad this is cleared up! Also, is there a good place for us to meet in front of the lounge? She will be arriving an hour earlier into 2C. I'd suggest the RER station, but it's quite large and might be hard to find people there...
Well, you can meet literally IN FRONT of the lounge

Beware of what an earlier poster rightfully said, if you wish to meet airside you should both have a BP for a flight leaving from that terminal. You can't always stay airside at CDG when moving from terminal to terminal.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:34 am

2 lounge questions

I'm flying through CDG twice in the next several months, and would appreciate help with 2 questions. First, I'm flying through CDG from LAX on the flight that arrives just after the Arrivals lounge closes (if it still shuts at 14:00). Flying in J, and will heading on via T2F-Schengen with about a 1.5 hr layover. Enough time to go freshen up/shower/relax for a few minutes in the T2F lounge, assuming they have shower facilities there? And where is the lounge?

Second question: I'm flying back to the US from CDG coming up as well - I'm in J again, and have 2 friends in Y on the same flight. Any way I'll be able to invite them into the T2E lounge with me? Is there a day pass option? I have platinum status with Star Alliance, but not with SkyTeam.

Thanks all.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by articos
I'm flying through CDG twice in the next several months, and would appreciate help with 2 questions. First, I'm flying through CDG from LAX on the flight that arrives just after the Arrivals lounge closes (if it still shuts at 14:00). Flying in J, and will heading on via T2F-Schengen with about a 1.5 hr layover. Enough time to go freshen up/shower/relax for a few minutes in the T2F lounge, assuming they have shower facilities there? And where is the lounge?

Second question: I'm flying back to the US from CDG coming up as well - I'm in J again, and have 2 friends in Y on the same flight. Any way I'll be able to invite them into the T2E lounge with me? Is there a day pass option? I have platinum status with Star Alliance, but not with SkyTeam.

Thanks all.
1.5 h for your transfer will not let you enough time for a shower, I believe (time for immigration, transfer and boarding starting 30 min before deparure). The lounge is at the end of the boarding zone, one floor down (escalators are there). The 1st floor of the lounge (entrance floor) is often crowded. Do not hesitate to go the lowest floor, which is much quieter.

For your return, I'm afraid you won't be able to invite your friends in the lounge. Only Elite+ pax can have 1 guest free (2nd guest can access with a fee of 35 E or 5000 miles). J pax are not allowed to have lounge guests.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
1.5 h for your transfer will not let you enough time for a shower, I believe (time for immigration, transfer and boarding starting 30 min before deparure). The lounge is at the end of the boarding zone, one floor down (escalators are there). The 1st floor of the lounge (entrance floor) is often crowded. Do not hesitate to go the lowest floor, which is much quieter.

For your return, I'm afraid you won't be able to invite your friends in the lounge. Only Elite+ pax can have 1 guest free (2nd guest can access with a fee of 35 E or 5000 miles). J pax are not allowed to have lounge guests.
Thanks! I figured as much. I'll just take the transfer as it goes, and how ever much time I have, I'll take. Thanks for the directions. Appreciate it.

I may have found a solution for the return - it appears Delta SkyClub will allow me 2 guests in the AF lounge if I pick up a 30 day or a regular membership, if what Delta's telling me is true. That could work.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by articos
I may have found a solution for the return - it appears Delta SkyClub will allow me 2 guests in the AF lounge if I pick up a 30 day or a regular membership, if what Delta's telling me is true. That could work.
Nope; I tried that last year. The lounge dragon stated that a Delta 30-day pass is not good enough for bringing guests and denied us (Fiance and myself - I would have been allowed to go in alone) entry. Her supervisor backed her up, so I guess that's the SOP. After complaining to delta, they also stated that their airline partners might impose additional lounge access restrictions. YMMV, but I would not count on being allowed to bring guests with a 30-day pass.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kellanved
Nope; I tried that last year. The lounge dragon stated that a Delta 30-day pass is not good enough for bringing guests and denied us (Fiance and myself - I would have been allowed to go in alone) entry. Her supervisor backed her up, so I guess that's the SOP. After complaining to delta, they also stated that their airline partners might impose additional lounge access restrictions. YMMV, but I would not count on being allowed to bring guests with a 30-day pass.
That's what I was afraid of. It does state on Delta's Sky Club page that it should be allowed, but like you say, it does say guest access isn't guaranteed:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Alright, I won't count on it. May I ask, did you pick up a "regular" card from one of the DL lounges for your 30 day pass before trying to access the AF lounge, or did you have the temporary print out card? Wonder if that made a difference.

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: DL FO
My sister and her husband will be flying in J from SFO-CDG-PSA.

The CDG-PSA segment is operated by Brit Air and seats are assigned at the airport.

Will they receive boarding passes for that segment at SFO or at the arrivals lounge at CDG? Or do they have to wait til they get to Terminal 2G?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hoth300
My sister and her husband will be flying in J from SFO-CDG-PSA.

The CDG-PSA segment is operated by Brit Air and seats are assigned at the airport.

Will they receive boarding passes for that segment at SFO or at the arrivals lounge at CDG? Or do they have to wait til they get to Terminal 2G?
They will have all BP at SFO. Keep in mind that they can go to the arrival lounein 2C only if they have sufficient time. Otherwise, they need to go straight to 2G.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: Skymiles; Mileage +;
I will be traveling on AF IAD-CDG in J. My wife and daughter will be on the same flight traveling in Y. Will they allow my wife and daughter into the Arrival Lounge along with me? If so, could you post the link? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.