Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread : AF new and cancelled routes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
AF will serve MAA from CDG 3 times a week with a Boeing 787-9 from June 14.
I ticketed the inaugural then cancelled. I just went to check on the prices and now it's no long appearing. I hope it's just been delayed and not axed.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I ticketed the inaugural then cancelled. I just went to check on the prices and now it's no long appearing. I hope it's just been delayed and not axed.
I don't want to be pessimistic but launching new routes during the next 12-18 months will be quite challenging for any airline. The priority will be to relaunch and consolidate previously existing routes. But who knows, the demise of Jet Airways has left some big holes. If the traffic and economy are restarting fast...
Old Mar 28, 2020, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't want to be pessimistic but launching new routes during the next 12-18 months will be quite challenging for any airline.
I agree. I guess I'm glad that I got my money back instead of having a credit and/or having to take a 2-stop itinerary instead.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
AF will serve MAA from CDG 3 times a week with a Boeing 787-9 from June 14. This is to replace the slots left empty by the collapse of Jet Airways, a former AF partner.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29...ances-network/
I don't want to be pessimistic but launching new routes during the next 12-18 months will be quite challenging for any airline. The priority will be to relaunch and consolidate previously existing routes. But who knows, the demise of Jet Airways has left some big holes. If the traffic and economy are restarting fast...
I agree. I guess I'm glad that I got my money back instead of having a credit and/or having to take a 2-stop itinerary instead.
Some news for MAA AF service : the starting date is postponed to 27 OCT instead of 15 JUN.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-oct-2020/
Old May 5, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Impressive that they launch a new route at all. Lufthansa Group airlines have simply cancelled all routes that were due to start this year.

But then let’s see, AF may end up cancelling after all.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Impressive that they launch a new route at all. Lufthansa Group airlines have simply cancelled all routes that were due to start this year.

Indeed, I would not be surprised at all that it will get cancelled later this year.
Old May 8, 2020, 1:28 am

Some news for MAA AF service : the starting date is postponed to 27 OCT instead of 15 JUN.
Awesome, merci!
Old Jul 31, 2020, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Indeed, I would not be surprised at all that it will get cancelled later this year.
Not a surprise : now postponed to 30 March 2021
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...te-march-2021/
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:16 pm

Odds of JFK-ORY staying on schedule in October

I have a friend who is currently booked on JFK-ORY in mid-October. This is a flight she will absolutely NOT be on because of the various travel restrictions, cancellations, etc. It was an award ticket, so the cancellation fee, at a max, will be $50/person. But they are hoping to be able to avoid that and that the flight will be cancelled by Air France. Right now it isn't supposed to re-start until October 5, and the schedule before that has 2 JFK-CDG flights/day. My suspicion is that Air France will keep this route at just the two JFK-CDG daily flights through the end of the year, and the JFK-ORY flight will thus be cancelled. i can't imagine demand will be higher than it is now between New York and Paris until at least the spring.

What do others think? Any chance this flight stays on the October schedule?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
I have a friend who is currently booked on JFK-ORY in mid-October. This is a flight she will absolutely NOT be on because of the various travel restrictions, cancellations, etc. It was an award ticket, so the cancellation fee, at a max, will be $50/person. But they are hoping to be able to avoid that and that the flight will be cancelled by Air France. Right now it isn't supposed to re-start until October 5, and the schedule before that has 2 JFK-CDG flights/day. My suspicion is that Air France will keep this route at just the two JFK-CDG daily flights through the end of the year, and the JFK-ORY flight will thus be cancelled. i can't imagine demand will be higher than it is now between New York and Paris until at least the spring.

What do others think? Any chance this flight stays on the October schedule?
I think the same as you, unless AF “needs” to use this slot at ORY. Your friend should wait for AF cancelling the flight. Likely to happen.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
A new route seems to have skipped this thread and almost all news websites, but AF resumed CDG-IBZ direct flights since early July (please let me know if this had been previously reported, I'll happily delete)

AF1190/1191, Tu/Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by offvoice
A new route seems to have skipped this thread and almost all news websites, but AF resumed CDG-IBZ direct flights since early July (please let me know if this had been previously reported, I'll happily delete)

AF1190/1191, Tu/Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun
this is a seasonal route, along with PMI, PMO, CTA, JTR, HER, Mykonos, Split, DBV. It’s nice to have all those seasonal summer holiday routes served by AF.
JOUY31, splflyer and offvoice like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:42 am

I think the same as you, unless AF “needs” to use this slot at ORY. Your friend should wait for AF cancelling the flight. Likely to happen.
Following up- as predicted, AF cancelled this flight- friend got an email today. AF put them on AF0007 to CDG, which is only 20 minutes earlier, but I think the change in airports should be enough to justify a full refund as they desire. Oddly, the JFK-ORY flight is still on the website for October and it looks like one could book tickets on it.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not see any express mention of it anywhere but it looks like CDG-GOA has fallen victim to C19 and has disappeared from the schedules completely.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by NickB
I did not see any express mention of it anywhere but it looks like CDG-GOA has fallen victim to C19 and has disappeared from the schedules completely.
indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.