Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: UA (G), AA(P),AP (SE), hhonors (D), marriott rewards (G), Priority Club (G),National Emerald(EE)
Hello,

I'm still at 94500 and will cross 100k by Nov 22nd. So I didn't expect to get early recognition until I talked with an AP agent last weekend. She told me it is not published but they usually give the SE early until end of Nov...

Anyway. If it's true then great and if not, well, here are my questions:

1- If status is valid Feb 28th and I select the 100% bonus points. When is this benefit going to start and when does it stop?
2- Will I be to late to book a NA flight for 25k for March 3rd (kids spring break...)?

Thanks

Hugues
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE, PC-Platinum Royal Ambassador, DL-Silver, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold
I'm crossing 100K today I'll find out in few days if I get SE or not.
SE will help me as I have lot more flying left for this Year.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
Good luck getting early recognition.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:47 am

Reaching SE after Jan 1st

Hey! Quick question. I'm on track to hit about 90000 by Jan 1st of this year. Is there any chance of getting SE if I get the last 10000 between the 1st and feb 28th?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tar787
Hey! Quick question. I'm on track to hit about 90000 by Jan 1st of this year. Is there any chance of getting SE if I get the last 10000 between the 1st and feb 28th?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

No, your status miles balance will be reset to zero on Jan. 1, so you´d have to fly 100k miles by Dec. 31, 2011 to get SE status for the following benefit year (March 1, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:36 am

Thanks Jasper.

I know that's the official policy. I just know that a few years ago my dad got the Elite threshold in mid January after the end of the calendar year, and Aeroplan gave him the status. Made me wonder if anyone else had seen that before or if it was something that may have been done in the past but no longer occurs.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: AC*E
Thanks Jasper.

I know that's the official policy. I just know that a few years ago my dad got the Elite threshold in mid January after the end of the calendar year, and Aeroplan gave him the status. Made me wonder if anyone else had seen that before or if it was something that may have been done in the past but no longer occurs.
i've gotten elite status from AC despite not officially making the threshold in the past. I was a few hundred miles off, and got the status anyways. i think it was more about him getting lucky and someone at AC bumping him up, not the fact that the miles he flew in january were added to his previous year's miles.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks Jasper.

Note aware of any examples where AC took flying at the beginning of the following year into account however there have been exceptions to the general rules:

1) AC seems to have an (unpublished) number of miles you may fall short of the threshold, but still get status (e.g. 34980 miles would get you E status)
2) AC has given status to a selected few FFs who clearly didn´t qualify, but have been long-time status members and have been profitable customers over the years (e.g. SE for many years booking full-fare tix, only flew 85k miles this year)
3) AC making a one-time exception on a case-by-case basis if you didn´t requalify due to serious, long illness; maternity leave etc.

As always, any exceptions are at AC´s discretion and it´s my understanding they don´t happen very often (particularly 2 isn´t something anyone should expect).
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
First time making "e" status

Ironically, I turned my phone on in Winnipeg and got the notice that I have already qualified for Prestige status. Perfect! This on the trip that crossed me over the E threshold.

I made the final flight necessary yesterday. I'm hoping for early recognition, but it seems like I may not make it - is that correct? Is there one more sweep next week that may catch me? Anyone know? I have 2 more trips at least this year, and would just like the lounge and pre-board perks during the busy December time period.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I am new to the loyalty program for AC, well this is my first time that I maybe Prestige or Elite...

Currently I have...

2011 AIR CANADA STATUS ACTIVITY
STATUS MILES ACCUMULATED 25,342
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 10000: 6049

STATUS SEGMENTS FLOWN: 12
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 5: 3

Can someone confirm that I need to be in an actual AC Plane for the minimum req to get the status?

So I finally qualified for Elite for the fist time!!!

STATUS MILES ACCUMULATED: 36,050
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 10000

STATUS SEGMENTS FLOWN: 18
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 5

When will I officially get my title and getting the benefits?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
So I finally qualified for Elite for the fist time!!!

STATUS MILES ACCUMULATED: 36,050
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 10000

STATUS SEGMENTS FLOWN: 18
Air Canada Minimum Requirements: 5

When will I officially get my title and getting the benefits?
^ on Elite.

I don't know if you ever go an answer to your original question; you need either the minimum mile or minimum segments on AC metal, you don't need both, just one will do it.

Unless you got early recognition your status and benefits will come into effect March 1, 2012 and go until Feb 28, 2013.

Whitey
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
^ on Elite.

I don't know if you ever go an answer to your original question; you need either the minimum mile or minimum segments on AC metal, you don't need both, just one will do it.

Unless you got early recognition your status and benefits will come into effect March 1, 2012 and go until Feb 28, 2013.

Whitey
Thanks...
Yes I got the answer

So I have to wait then I am traveling in Feb again.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Thanks...
Yes I got the answer

It is quite likely that you'll get your Elite card by then, which has an expiry date but not a begin date.

It is also quite likely that your boarding passes in Feb with have AC*E on them, getting you the standard airport benefits for the most part.

Your biggest problem before getting the card would be using other airline's lounges.

I have no idea when you will start to be able to use eUpgrades.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
Thanks...
Yes I got the answer

This really sucks. I qualified at the end of November as well - I would hate to have to wait all the way until February!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by ommoran
This really sucks. I qualified at the end of November as well - I would hate to have to wait all the way until February!
Dem's da rules. nothing new there. I hope you didn't create any false expectations.

But the status is valid until Feb of the following year, so you do get to "enjoy" a full twelve months of "enhanced" benefits.

Cheers,

Whitey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.