Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Sorry if this was asked, but given that plastic_canuck was told about a "sweep" at the end of October for early qualification, I wondered if anyone knew about the recent 50% bonus status miles timing. I will pass 35K by yearend on straight miles, but as soon as they post the 50% bonus, I have made it already. Not a big deal, but would be nice.
I got the 50% status bonus last Sunday for a flight taken the previous Thursday. They posted at the same time as the tier bonus points so I think they'll be part of the regular Sunday sweep. When was the flight(s) for which you're expecting the bonus?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Just passed 100k thanks to bonus status miles for flight pass activities... hurry up, status sweep!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:45 pm

That was quick - have been updated to SE already, and able to choose my select privileges for 2012.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
That was quick - have been updated to SE already, and able to choose my select privileges for 2012.
One quick question, when you pass 100K:

Do you get the 30 eUps from threshold AND the 65 eUps from the select privileges?

I flew my 100,000th mile on Monday, waiting for tomorrow morning to post on AE!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:09 pm

Haven't received either the select eUps or the threshold eUps yet, so not sure.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Thx Tax Dude. I just posted in the "50%-bonus" thread that I flew on 16th, 17th, 20th and 22. Have the straight miles for first three flights, likely posted Sunday while I was away, and I guess if it's a Sunday cycle, then the 22nd will show up on the 28th. Hope the bonus shows up then also!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch
One quick question, when you pass 100K:

Do you get the 30 eUps from threshold AND the 65 eUps from the select privileges?

I flew my 100,000th mile on Monday, waiting for tomorrow morning to post on AE!
Got both 30 threshold eUps and the select privilege eUps today (1 day after crossing the threshold - although I crossed with a flightpass activity bonus, not flight miles).
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Crossed 35K on Friday and status and miles posted overnight Sunday. Had a flight today out of YHZ but the agent at the MLL couldn't see the status in their system and said that sometimes the updates take up to a month. Fortunately I had a printout of the web page that they let me in with. Hope it doesn't take a month as I've got 18 segments between now and the end of November that it would be nice to get a couple of upgrades on.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:53 pm

I am 106 miles short of 35K, and would be well over if the 50% status miles would post. I did register but two Sundays have passed since the first eligible trip and those miles are not there. I think they are intentionally going to hold off until after the last early qualification sweep. I just didn't have the time to go get the straight miles. In addition to the bonus, I have more miles to go for Dec, but I also wanted to get the benefits early. (A little sad now that I had a LH segment that was not eligible that would have put me over by mid-Oct. Unfortunately there was no alternative but to pass on that 200 miles.) AC is giving me the same "3-4 weeks" answer. (Last week they said 3 weeks. This week they said 3-4.) Not a big deal, but a little deal.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Hey all-the sweep finally happened last Friday and I hit Elite-just in time to let me upgrade on my first long flight across the continent. Such a civilized way to travel. Thanks to all for trying to help, guess I just had to be patient...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: Elite for AC, SPG, PP, FPC
Originally Posted by CCFP
I am wondering if there is anyone with new experience re: hitting 35k points on a flight on Oct 15 and getting early recognition.

Will I have elite status in time for my Oct 16 flight?
If not, I am also flying Oct 17, 18, and 20 - and then not for a long time.

Will I get elite status for any of those flights?
Is there a way to try to expedite the early recognition process ie. phoning in?

Thanks for your help!
Just following up with what happened, since I always appreciate it when others do the same -

I did not have elite in time for my Oct 16th flight. Called Aeroplan who told me to talk to the AC folk at the airport. Talked to the AC check-in folk, and the ticket counter folk, and the gate folk - all of whom checked my Aeroplan # and told me I was not Elite and should call Aeroplan. As expected.

(They told me they would try to "post the flight" to my account early, after I gave them the booking reference - this didn't expedite the process any, and in fact a few weeks later I got a letter from Aeroplan stating they could not give me the Aeroplan miles that they had tried to post to my account for that fight, because I was already credited for those miles.)

There was another post wishing me "good luck" if I wanted to see Elite before the 18th - it has since been deleted, but they were right; did not have any status before then.

Actually that's not entirely true. I noticed some strange things on my Aeroplan online account and I did wonder if I had scored something like Elite-Lite-Lite... you see, on the 17th I noticed that though my Aeroplan online account did not show Elite, when I checked in I had been placed in an exit row (has never happened to me before) and that my YYZ-YOW flight had the Elite minimum of 500 Aeroplan miles (as opposed to the usual 225 Aeroplan miles).

Sure enough on the 18th my flight was posted and I had the Elite banner on the website (which I printed out in case I was asked) - but the AC gate agents at the airport still said they were showing me as AC*A.

On the 19th I noticed I had 10 eUpgrade credits in my account and was able to get on an upgrade waitlist. At the airport on the 19th the gate agent said I was showing AC*E and updated my second flight's boarding pass to show that (but chose not to update my first flight's boarding pass because she would have to take me off the upgrade waitlist, change the status, then place me on upgrade at a lower priority than I already was). I did eventually get the upgrade at the gate.

By the 20th I had another 45 eUpgrade credits in my account and had a chance to select my benefits online, and before the end of the month I had received my Elite card / luggage tags in the mail.

Hope that's helpful to anyone else who is on the cusp of early recognition this year. Cheers!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CCFP

Sure enough on the 18th my flight was posted and I had the Elite banner on the website (which I printed out in case I was asked) - but the AC gate agents at the airport still said they were showing me as AC*A.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Welcome to FT CCFP.

Just because you hit 35K your miles won't post any faster than normal. Miles normally post in 3 days so I believe you should see your status on the 18th. Calling in wont help.
Looks like I nailed it. Do I get a prize?

Thanks for the follow up. ^
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Made it to 108,000 today by virtue of BNE-SIN-PEK on SIN yesterday which has already posted on the AE site, but my status still shows as E. Will that change or will I have to wait until March 1 to get recognition?

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I currently have no status.

I crossed 25k on December 9, and am flying AC on December 22 and 30.
I will cross 35k on the December 22 flight.

I think I'm going to bring a printout of my Aeroplan account to try to get a free checked bag. I don't really care about any other status perks, but I'll likely have one bag on the 22nd and two on the 30th, so it's about $85.

Has anyone ever tried anything like this?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I currently have no status.

I crossed 25k on December 9, and am flying AC on December 22 and 30.
I will cross 35k on the December 22 flight.

I think I'm going to bring a printout of my Aeroplan account to try to get a free checked bag. I don't really care about any other status perks, but I'll likely have one bag on the 22nd and two on the 30th, so it's about $85.

Has anyone ever tried anything like this?
Does your Aeroplan show you having P status now? I crossed 35K on Nov 16 and mine shows the miles but no status.

My understanding is that we don't get the benefits, including the free checked bags, until March 1.

I am flying in early January and I also would like the bag and the MLL departure lounge without paying but I think that's a long shot. AC on twitter did say it *might* show up in time for a flight I've booked in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.