Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 5, 11, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL View Post
Dem's da rules. nothing new there. I hope you didn't create any false expectations.

But the status is valid until Feb of the following year, so you do get to "enjoy" a full twelve months of "enhanced" benefits.

Cheers,

Whitey
Thanks Whitey... yeah, I was just hoping for early recognition. Grr. One can always hope that they do one final sweep....
Old Dec 6, 11, 10:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
SE Early Recognition

Hello all,

I just hit 100,240 miles on December 6th and am planning on travelling to Europe with the family in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to get the SE status without waiting for 3 months? Would be great to request upgrades before Elites.
Aeroplan told me today to write [email protected] but it's my understanding that AC makes the decisions not Aeroplan so I have a feeling I was misinformed. She also told me I should expect 30 ecredits but again I don't trust her "opinion".

I could not find anywhere a list that tells me how many eupgrade I should get for every 20000 miles I fly. Anyone know where to find it?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 11, 8:27 pm

I have a question, and I am sure that there is no hope for my situation, but I am going to ask anyways.

This year, I did not fly as much as I originally planned. Normally, for over the past five years, I have easily qualified for elite (instant in most cases). This year, the majority of my flying was to take place in the last quarter. My last two planned flight plans have been cancelled and I am stuck. I don't really have time for an expensive mileage run, but I will consider my options.

As of now I have 20k status miles. My concern is that I may not have the opportunity to get another RT in this year and won't be able to aim for prestige either.

That being said, I do have a lot of flying booked in January and February. If I add a small mileage run, I should qualify for elite. I know that the 2012 qualifying period is from Jan 1 to Dec. 31, but if I did get these miles by the end of Feb. 2012, I am wondering if I would be instantly upped to elite as I would currently 'have status'?

I doubt that would be the case but some other expert opinions telling me I have no chance would be appreciated.
Old Dec 7, 11, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by JRInTheAir View Post
Hello all,

I just hit 100,240 miles on December 6th and am planning on travelling to Europe with the family in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to get the SE status without waiting for 3 months? Would be great to request upgrades before Elites.
Aeroplan told me today to write [email protected] but it's my understanding that AC makes the decisions not Aeroplan so I have a feeling I was misinformed. She also told me I should expect 30 ecredits but again I don't trust her "opinion".

I could not find anywhere a list that tells me how many eupgrade I should get for every 20000 miles I fly. Anyone know where to find it?

Thanks
You'll find the table your looking for on the AC site, ( http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...eupgrades.html )

Don't know any way of getting around the March 1, 2013 cut over.
Old Dec 7, 11, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by snace View Post
I have a question, and I am sure that there is no hope for my situation, but I am going to ask anyways.

This year, I did not fly as much as I originally planned. Normally, for over the past five years, I have easily qualified for elite (instant in most cases). This year, the majority of my flying was to take place in the last quarter. My last two planned flight plans have been cancelled and I am stuck. I don't really have time for an expensive mileage run, but I will consider my options.

As of now I have 20k status miles. My concern is that I may not have the opportunity to get another RT in this year and won't be able to aim for prestige either.

That being said, I do have a lot of flying booked in January and February. If I add a small mileage run, I should qualify for elite. I know that the 2012 qualifying period is from Jan 1 to Dec. 31, but if I did get these miles by the end of Feb. 2012, I am wondering if I would be instantly upped to elite as I would currently 'have status'?

I doubt that would be the case but some other expert opinions telling me I have no chance would be appreciated.
5k MR for *P, hmm. And 15k for *E is a quite a bit, too.

If you do earn status this year for 2012, it will come into effect March 1, 2012 and last until Feb 2013. If you do a lot of flying early in 2012 you can earn early recognition in 2012 (beginning March 2012) for the 2013 period that ends in 2014. My point, you'll get more mileage for your money by going crazy next year (i.e. *E for 21 months) as opposed to sweating it this year. Keep in mind, if you do a lot of short haul, with no status you won't get the 500-mile minimum, and there is no instant Prestige.
Old Dec 7, 11, 9:34 pm

If you do earn status this year for 2012, it will come into effect March 1, 2012 and last until Feb 2013. If you do a lot of flying early in 2012 you can earn early recognition in 2012 (beginning March 2012) for the 2013 period that ends in 2014. My point, you'll get more mileage for your money by going crazy next year (i.e. *E for 21 months) as opposed to sweating it this year. Keep in mind, if you do a lot of short haul, with no status you won't get the 500-mile minimum, and there is no instant Prestige.
whenever your package comes.... Mrs GHT qualified for this year, and her package came late Jan and started using it...... You can also see if they got your Elite status on a mobile/virtual Aeroplan card by going to m.aeroplan.com
Old Dec 7, 11, 10:59 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm still a little confused... if I don't get status by the end of 2011, and do 35k between January 1st to march 1st 2012, I presume that i won't actually have status until January 2013 (ending March 1st, 2014). Is this correct?

If that is the case, I need to figure out how much flying I will do after March of next year and if *g is worth it at that point about a 5k MR.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Dec 7, 11, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by snace View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm still a little confused... if I don't get status by the end of 2011, and do 35k between January 1st to march 1st 2012, I presume that i won't actually have status until January 2013 (ending March 1st, 2014). Is this correct?
No. If you don't have status (or are P) and earn E or SE anytime in the year before October 15, you immediately get that status for the current year AND the following year (i.e. If you fly 100,000 miles in January 2012, you are immediately a SE until February 28, 2014). If you make status after October 15, you only get it for the following year (so in this case, if you reach 35K before December 31 this year, you'll only be an E until February 28, 2013).
Old May 16, 12, 8:35 am

Deleted by user

Last edited by gookia2000; Oct 26, 18 at 12:08 am
Old May 17, 12, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC *E, SPG Plat, Hertz
Same experience here with instant recognition

I got my miles posted that brought me over 35K yesterday, and this morning (at around 0900 EST) I logged into Aeroplan and it displayed my elite status, and I was able to select my choices.

Looks like there's a daily morning sweep now.
Old May 17, 12, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Does anyone have a data point on the time between the website recognizes you and the when you receive your welcome package? Officially it says 4-6 weeks but hopefully someone can contradict that.

To add some of my data:
  • Started year with no status
  • May 6th: Flew 35,000th mile
  • May 9th: Miles posted
  • May 9th: Status immediately recognized and ability to select privileges
  • May 11th: Email confirmation for 20,000 miles / 10 eUpgrades threshold
  • May 12th: eUpgrades posted online
  • Today: Still waiting for the welcome package. No welcome email also. Should I expect one?
Old May 17, 12, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
Does anyone have a data point on the time between the website recognizes you and the when you receive your welcome package? Officially it says 4-6 weeks but hopefully someone can contradict that.

To add some of my data:
  • Started year with no status
  • May 6th: Flew 35,000th mile
  • May 9th: Miles posted
  • May 9th: Status immediately recognized and ability to select privileges
  • May 11th: Email confirmation for 20,000 miles / 10 eUpgrades threshold
  • May 12th: eUpgrades posted online
  • Today: Still waiting for the welcome package. No welcome email also. Should I expect one?

Expect to be patient.

The good news is that you can use the e-up credits immediately and the orange aeroplan card will get you lounge access.

If you have reservations booked before you qualified, you may want to call reservations to remove you ae# and then add it back. Otherwise you status at time of booking will attach to the PNR.
Old May 17, 12, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
I became SE on April 30th. That same day I could do my selections and eupgrades were posted a day later. My SE package came May 11th even if it said it was mailed out May 3rd.
So in a couple of weeks you should receive it.
Old May 23, 12, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
I got my welcome package today, exactly two weeks after the last status miles posted on my account.

Right in time for my trip to HKG tomorrow!
Old Jun 2, 12, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat w/Ambassador, HH Diam
Question

Hi All
I think I know the answer already, but am hopeful I am wrong!

I started the year 2012 with SE status. I just passed 50 segments, and was wondering if I get an early 2013 Elite package - Select priviledges (looking for more Upgrade credits).

Or is the January package I chose it for the year?

Seems like a disadvantage to start a year with status...

Fingers crossed.

Search this Thread