Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by devriedd
Hi All
I think I know the answer already, but am hopeful I am wrong!

I started the year 2012 with SE status. I just passed 50 segments, and was wondering if I get an early 2013 Elite package - Select priviledges (looking for more Upgrade credits).

Or is the January package I chose it for the year?

Seems like a disadvantage to start a year with status...

Fingers crossed.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, devriedd.

If you've got 2012 SE status you aren't eligible for any early 2013 qualifications. You can only early qualify for tiers above your current level (if you're P you can early qualify for E then SE; if you're E you can early qualify for SE).
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AC*S100K SPG Gold
Does anyone have any in-sight if early recognition will be offered for the new tiers at 50K and 75K? I passed the first last week and haven't seen a change yet.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Hussar
Does anyone have any in-sight if early recognition will be offered for the new tiers at 50K and 75K? I passed the first last week and haven't seen a change yet.
Throughout 2012, early recognition will be based on the 2012 program. I.e., Elite/*G at 35K miles or 50 segs, and SE/*G at 100k miles or 95 segs.

2013 levels (50k, 75k) do not apply to this year.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Status hit June 3rd
Package mailed June 8
Received June 15

E-ups in account June 4, EXCEPR missing threshold creds (and I will fight them on this). Earned 10 for the 20k threshold as "prestige" - i'll be darned if they try to argue i'm not eligible for 10 at 20k for instant elite. Sorry AC, but your charts don't lie. as an elite you earn 10 at 20k --- if i earned instant elite---- you owe me 10 at 20k, on top of the 10 i earned at 20k as a prestige.

call me greedy, but it doesn't say anywhere I'm not entitled...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:27 pm

You're not going to win that one. It says "Earn 35,000 Air Canada Status Miles and move up to 2012 Elite Status*" It doesn't say "Instantly move up to Elite Status while receiving the same benefit a second time." Good luck though!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by gateguard0
You're not going to win that one. It says "Earn 35,000 Air Canada Status Miles and move up to 2012 Elite Status*" It doesn't say "Instantly move up to Elite Status while receiving the same benefit a second time." Good luck though!
I moved up to Elite status.

As an elite, at 20k, I'm owed 10 creds. Regardless of whether I earned them as prestige.... that would be denying an elite a benefit they are entitled to....

Gonna fight them on this one!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by jazzsax
I moved up to Elite status.

As an elite, at 20k, I'm owed 10 creds. Regardless of whether I earned them as prestige.... that would be denying an elite a benefit they are entitled to....

Gonna fight them on this one!
Let's say you hit SE on October 1st. What will you request then?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Before getting early E, were you a prestige member or non-status?

If the former, you'll certainly get the threshold credits (once).

If the latter,good luck, but you're not entitled under the program.

If fighting gets you somewhere, telling us about it here may ignite a storm of sorts.

Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Question: I fly mostly in the U.S. on United or US Air. Got my 25k status miles in April but with only 3 mandatory Air Canada segments. I have now 36k status miles and just completed the 5 AC segments 2 weeks ago but the website still saying I do not qualify for any top tier status. Is that correct?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by sskl1998
Question: I fly mostly in the U.S. on United or US Air. Got my 25k status miles in April but with only 3 mandatory Air Canada segments. I have now 36k status miles and just completed the 5 AC segments 2 weeks ago but the website still saying I do not qualify for any top tier status. Is that correct?
You need a minimum on AC metal of 5segments AND 10,000 status miles.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:22 pm

If the website shows >= 35k status miles and >= 5 segments you should have Elite.

Based on my recent experience, the website changed to Elite very soon (immediately?) after I passed 35k status miles. I had about 20 segments but that shouldn't matter.

On mine there is a green checkmark under my miles and segments which presumably indicate I have satisfied the AC Minimum Requirements. Do you have at least one checkmark?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
I don't think so based on this page: http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/toptier.html

It says "or" (and that you can qualify on miles and satisfy AC minimum on segments).
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by YULcookiemonster
If the website shows >= 35k status miles and >= 5 segments you should have Elite.

Based on my recent experience, the website changed to Elite very soon (immediately?) after I passed 35k status miles. I had about 20 segments but that shouldn't matter.

On mine there is a green checkmark under my miles and segments which presumably indicate I have satisfied the AC Minimum Requirements. Do you have at least one checkmark?
I do have the green checkmarks at both the status miles and segment requirements, but when I clicked on the Top Tier at the side bar, it told me I was not qualified for any top tier status. I will check again today when their site is back up.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
It's an OR, not an AND.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:35 pm

I do have the green checkmarks at both the status miles and segment requirements, but when I clicked on the Top Tier at the side bar, it told me I was not qualified for any top tier status. I will check again today when their site is back up.
I finally got the Elite status on the website on June 22, but have yet to receive the package. Got couple of emails each saying I got 10 eUpgrade credits but the EUP account shows 0.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.