Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 23, 11, 6:48 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by run&fly View Post
Hi all,

I remember reading somewhere here that one should call in AC Reservations to have them re-enter AP number on bookings made before early SE (or E) recognition.

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks!

R&F
If the bookings were made on ac.com, you can delete and then reinsert your AE number, and it will update to your current status. All previous bookings will show your status at the time of booking.
Old Oct 23, 11, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by fin 645 View Post
If the bookings were made on ac.com, you can delete and then reinsert your AE number, and it will update to your current status. All previous bookings will show your status at the time of booking.
Thanks. They were not done on AC.com, so I guess I need to call...
Old Oct 24, 11, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 50K
Elite Welcome Package Delivery Time

Hi there,

I recently reached the Elite status with AC early. Prior to Oct.15, 2011. I filled out the Top Tier Status package. It mentioned that the Elite Welcome Package would be delivered within 3-4 weeks. I'm now into my 5th week and have not received the package. According to the Top Tier Status page, it was supposedly ready September 30, 2011.

What is the normal delivery time? Is there a number I can call regarding an enquiry as to the delivery status etc?

Thanks very much for any feed back.
Old Oct 24, 11, 11:59 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
Hi there,

I recently reached the Elite status with AC early. Prior to Oct.15, 2011. I filled out the Top Tier Status package. It mentioned that the Elite Welcome Package would be delivered within 3-4 weeks. I'm now into my 5th week and have not received the package. According to the Top Tier Status page, it was supposedly ready September 30, 2011.

What is the normal delivery time? Is there a number I can call regarding an enquiry as to the delivery status etc?

Thanks very much for any feed back.
I got my early recognition in September and got the package 2 weeks after I made my selections. I never actually saw a date on the status page.
Old Oct 24, 11, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by run&fly View Post
Well, crossed 100K on Friday, miles posted today and confirmed SE today... Was also able to choose my goodies right away!
Congrats and cool! You give me hope.

I was hoping to cross into E for the first time before the 15th but with a change in plans (F/A strike looming, to boot) I'll be crossing 35k this week and wondering if the grace period might be the end of the month (I know, nothing written, guaranteed nor to be expected - but it'd sure be nice!)

Whitey
Old Oct 24, 11, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA G, Marriott P Prem, BW D, Club Carlson G, Accor G, SPG Plat
Recognized as SE 0n 22/10 due to late posting of a trip. I agree with previous posts that 15/10 + a week or two is the zone within you can probably get early recognition.
Old Oct 24, 11, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC
Another data point: passed 100K on Oct 20th, got the miles and new status on 23rd, 90 credits posted on 24th
Old Oct 29, 11, 9:45 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Early E After 15 Oct

The wife and I just returned from a short trip down to LAS and unfortunately the Aeroplan site was 'down' so I couldn't check to see that our miles were credited. Checked this morning and sure enough, she's got her E status and has just made her 2011 selections so it looks like the recognition is extended.

Now to find a way to take advantage of the status before i cross in December
Old Oct 31, 11, 10:25 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Another data point

Crossed 35k on the 26th, posted on the 29th... with a nice gold banner. Early E for a first timer.

Whitey
Old Nov 3, 11, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
I don't think this has been mentioned before, but my GF got early E qualification at the end of Sept. On Oct 5, she had 10 e-credits posted to her account, presumably for crossing the 20K threshold. I believe that this happened with the paper certs (getting retroactive threshold certs), and I just wanted to confirm that it's still happening with the e-credits. (She didn't get around to choosing her benefits until this week, so those e-credits just posted.)
Old Nov 3, 11, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I don't think this has been mentioned before, but my GF got early E qualification at the end of Sept. On Oct 5, she had 10 e-credits posted to her account, presumably for crossing the 20K threshold. I believe that this happened with the paper certs (getting retroactive threshold certs), and I just wanted to confirm that it's still happening with the e-credits. (She didn't get around to choosing her benefits until this week, so those e-credits just posted.)
i believe she will get the full 2011 package and choice of benefits..... then again for 2012
Old Nov 3, 11, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
i believe she will get the full 2011 package and choice of benefits..... then again for 2012
Yes and yes, nothing new there. What was interesting to me was the retroactive credits for the 20K threshold. I don't recall anyone else mentioning that since we switched to e-credits.
Old Nov 3, 11, 9:38 pm

Yes and yes, nothing new there. What was interesting to me was the retroactive credits for the 20K threshold. I don't recall anyone else mentioning that since we switched to e-credits.
not new..... Mrs GHT got blue certs before she got her later 2010 package
Old Nov 3, 11, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
not new..... Mrs GHT got blue certs before she got her later 2010 package
I believe that this happened with the paper certs (getting retroactive threshold certs), and I just wanted to confirm that it's still happening with the e-credits.
Old Nov 3, 11, 10:04 pm

nothing has been changed......

Search this Thread