Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 2, 11, 8:46 am

Early recognition benefits for reaching same status ?

Just a quick questions - If I am already "Elite" for 2011, and now reached the "Elite" threshold for 2012 - do i get any early recognition benefits ?

many thanks,

Jerry
Old Oct 2, 11, 9:35 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
Just a quick questions - If I am already "Elite" for 2011, and now reached the "Elite" threshold for 2012 - do i get any early recognition benefits ?

many thanks,

Jerry
No, early qualification only kicks in if you go from no status/Prestige to Elite or from Elite to Super Elite. (you can also go from no status/Prestige to Elite to Super Elite in one year)
Old Oct 2, 11, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by jerrys View Post

many thanks,

Jerry
AC pat on your back congratulating you.
Old Oct 2, 11, 1:21 pm

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 11, 8:40 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Cross early Elite wednesday and that's written on AE webside since today morning
Now, I hope to have my first upgrade next friday...
Old Oct 9, 11, 7:49 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Crossing 100K. What to expect in the short term...

Hi all,

I'll be crossing 100k status miles on Oct. 15 sharp. What should I expect in the short term?

Will be first time SE (and very likely only time). Would like to enjoy the experience as much as possible.

Thanks,

Run&Fly
Old Oct 11, 11, 7:19 am

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
Originally Posted by run&fly View Post
Hi all,

I'll be crossing 100k status miles on Oct. 15 sharp. What should I expect in the short term?

Will be first time SE (and very likely only time). Would like to enjoy the experience as much as possible.

Thanks,

Run&Fly
I think you will likely be surprised and happy with the bonus SE miles that get posted a week or so after reaching SE. You will get 30 Ecredits for crossing 100,000 miles and depending on your choices could receive 90 credits total. I made one mistake when picking my options and that is that I picked the 2000 bonus instead of the 6 lounge certs. Because I had selected 1000 bonus for my elite package they clawed back the 1000 and I only netted 1000 miles. I have never been too successful in giving away my lounge passes so it really doesn't matter too much. Just something to be aware of.
Old Oct 11, 11, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
I think you will likely be surprised and happy with the bonus SE miles that get posted a week or so after reaching SE. You will get 30 Ecredits for crossing 100,000 miles and depending on your choices could receive 90 credits total. I made one mistake when picking my options and that is that I picked the 2000 bonus instead of the 6 lounge certs. Because I had selected 1000 bonus for my elite package they clawed back the 1000 and I only netted 1000 miles. I have never been too successful in giving away my lounge passes so it really doesn't matter too much. Just something to be aware of.
Your mistake was choosing the 1000 bonus miles when you picked your Elite benefits. Even if you had chosen the lounge passes, I believe your 1000 miles would have been clawed back.
Old Oct 11, 11, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Your mistake was choosing the 1000 bonus miles when you picked your Elite benefits. Even if you had chosen the lounge passes, I believe your 1000 miles would have been clawed back.
If one has selected the SM bonus in the original status package, these are always clawed back. Doesn't really matter all that much as these are not RDMs so it may only mean your SM balance drops to 34K+ or 99K+, just under the actual requirement. But this does not change your status. Only advantage to selecting the SM bonus at the 100K threshold is if you have enough future flights to hit 120K or 140K for more eUpgrades.

Also note that once your miles post and your statement page turns from gold to black, you can go to the Tier Benefits link on the side of the page and do your selection. No need to wait for the status confirmation email which often takes another week, or the invitation email to select your benefits, which also takes time to arrive.
Old Oct 11, 11, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Your right! I didn't think of that. the thing to do would have been not to choose bonus miles initially, however I had no idea I would make SE this year when I chose my benefits last year.
Old Oct 13, 11, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by run&fly View Post
Hi all,

Thanks,

Run&Fly
In addition to the other comments, you get our congratulations!

Welcome to the club!
Old Oct 13, 11, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Spouse and I had a double bonus YYC-YYZ trip for Thanksgiving. She passed 100K to reach SE (from Elite) for first time, I passed 35K to reach Elite (from non-status) for first time. Still no emails, but choices already made for both us on Aeroplan website. Now need to figure out how to redeem all the eUpgrade coupons.
Old Oct 13, 11, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hertz 5*, Avis P+, Acc Plat, HY Exp, HH Gold, BonV Titanium
Originally Posted by P_Investor View Post
Now need to figure out how to redeem all the eUpgrade coupons.
I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would be willing to be one of your nominees!
Old Oct 14, 11, 9:02 am

Missing miles before Oct 15 deadline

Hello all,

Has anyone had experience with making the early status threshold, but not having the miles credited yet by the Oct 15th deadline?

I took a flight Oct. 2nd which should have pushed me over the 35k threshold, but the miles haven't been posted. Miles for another flight that I took the same day were, so I used the online tool to request the missing miles.

I actually called Aeroplan to ask about this and was told that they weren't sure what would happen. I'm frustrated because I'm taking several other flights this year that would get me close to SE if I was able to benefit from the 50% increase in miles for E status.

Any experience with this? If I got the miles in 2 or 3 weeks do you think I would still get early staus recognition since I earned the miles before the 15th?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 11, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by YYZ_er View Post
Hello all,

Has anyone had experience with making the early status threshold, but not having the miles credited yet by the Oct 15th deadline?

I took a flight Oct. 2nd which should have pushed me over the 35k threshold, but the miles haven't been posted. Miles for another flight that I took the same day were, so I used the online tool to request the missing miles.

I actually called Aeroplan to ask about this and was told that they weren't sure what would happen. I'm frustrated because I'm taking several other flights this year that would get me close to SE if I was able to benefit from the 50% increase in miles for E status.

Any experience with this? If I got the miles in 2 or 3 weeks do you think I would still get early staus recognition since I earned the miles before the 15th?

Thanks!
I would expect that any flights flown and capable of collecting status miles before Oct 15th will count toward early recognition and that is why there is no hard date cutoff to gather those miles. However your 50% elite bonus miles do not count as status miles, so they will not contribute toward your SE goal.

Last edited by Ziptie; Oct 14, 11 at 9:56 am Reason: clarification

Search this Thread