Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 12, 12, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I am currently E but I should make SE before October. Does this mean that I receive extra Eups for thresholds? For example, as an E I received 10 eups at 20, 40 and 80 miles but SE earn 15, will AC give me an extra 15 eups? I also realize that at 60k I earned 20 but SE earn 15, so will they give me 10 extra (15-5)?

Also, if I select 100% bonus on AC flights, do I get them retroactive for all flights before hitting SE this year?

Last edited by seegs; Jul 12, 12 at 2:49 pm
Old Jul 12, 12, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seegs View Post
Also, if I select 100% bonus on AC flights, do I get them retroactive for all flights before hitting SE this year?
I believe this has been the experience of other people here on FT.
Old Jul 12, 12, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
That one might've been enhanced: wife got early E recently, but nothing posted last Sunday.
Old Jul 12, 12, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by TelFunku View Post
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
That one might've been enhanced: wife got early E recently, but nothing posted last Sunday.
Wife got E in May, and she never saw anything retroactively. There's a second data point to support enhancement.
Old Aug 6, 12, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC, LH, SK
Hi there - I am new to this Forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer to the following:

I am on track to pass 35,000 status miles on AC in a few weeks (having joined the program in January this year), whence I should get early status recognition. I wonder if any of you know if this entails also getting Star Alliance Gold Status?

The reason I ask is that for the 2013 top tier program, Gold status kicks in at 50,000 miles, but for the 2012 top tier program it kicked in at 35,000 miles (I have read.) It would mean a lot to me to achieve Star Gold, since I often make trips within Europe or the USA, flying on United, Lufthansa, etc. (I might pass 50,000 miles by the end of the year, but getting early Star Gold would be very nice!)

Thanks for letting me know what your experience with this is!
Old Aug 6, 12, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium
You will get it for 2012, and to end of February 2013. But to get it for the rest of 2013 you'll need to hit 50,000 miles this year.
Old Aug 6, 12, 1:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Actually, that's a good question. I don't think you'll even get it until February 2013 as right now is the qualification period for 2013 and the 35,000 threshold doesn't grant *G anymore (that's why I've switched to another SA FF program). Your best bet is to call Aeroplan and ask.
Old Aug 6, 12, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct View Post
Actually, that's a good question. I don't think you'll even get it until February 2013 as right now is the qualification period for 2013 and the 35,000 threshold doesn't grant *G anymore (that's why I've switched to another SA FF program). Your best bet is to call Aeroplan and ask.
You will get the 2012 benefits (that is, Star Gold at 35k) if you qualify before October 14, 2012. You will keep your status until February 28, 2013. Then, depending on how much you flew in 2012, you'll get the relevants benefits.

While the current qualification period is for the 2013 program, it's benefits won't start until March 1st, 2013. We don't even know the names of the new tiers yet!

Until then, enjoy *G, and welcome to FT!
Old Aug 6, 12, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC, LH, SK
Thanks for the answer. I will let you know what happens when I pass 35,000 miles, in case there are any surprises.
Old Aug 6, 12, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Asgert View Post
Thanks for the answer. I will let you know what happens when I pass 35,000 miles, in case there are any surprises.
There shouldn't be surprises. My wife early qualified in June when she passed 35k. As you long you get to 35k before the magical cutoff date in October, you're fine.
Old Aug 7, 12, 11:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct View Post
35,000 threshold doesn't grant *G anymore (that's why I've switched to another SA FF program).
Which SA FF program have you switched to? Hoping to join another program that allows *G status more easily. Thank you!
Old Sep 21, 12, 11:22 am

Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Just passed the cusp...

was at 34750 QM yesterday, then did:

YXU-YYZ
YYZ-YVR
YVR-YYJ

So, halfway between YXU and YYZ, thanks to the 500 QM minimum, I technically got E!

Based on travel plans, should hit the Altitude Elite 50 by year end. Will enjoy having E for the rest of the year, and for J and F next year, until the Altitude Elite 50 kicks in...

Good thing for this early recognition--I needed a new luggage tag, hahaha!
Old Sep 21, 12, 11:49 am

Programs: AC 100k, BA
2013 Early Recognition

I have studied the new Altitude material but cannot see any reference for early recognition next year. I assume it is still in place for SE but does anyone know about the 35k, 50k, and 75 k levels?
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I was delighted to log onto Aeroplan, and I saw the "Elite" banner near the top of the page. This was as soon as the last of my flight mileage were credited to my account.

I then clicked through the menus and selected my privileges. The bonus 2000 miles were deposited into my account about 3 days later. Just waiting for the welcome package.

Going to visit my Dad with another trans-pacific crossing in December, and if my math is correct, hope to reach 50K.

Thanks to YEGTigger's post, I dug a bit deeper into the Top Tier section of the Aeroplan site and my send date was September 27th, so 12 days after the last segment was posted, and 9 days after the 2000 bonus miles were credited to my account.

Last edited by yqtyyz; Sep 29, 12 at 10:56 am Reason: Added Send Date
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS

I flew my Elite-qualifying segment, arriving in YEG at 01:20 Friday, Sep 7. The miles were posted on Sunday, Sep 9 and I was immediately changed to Elite as they posted. I was able to select my privileges that same night. The eUps were in my account Monday morning (Sep 10) and I used them that day for an upcoming booking. The Aeroplan site said they mailed my package on Wednesday, Sep 12 and I received it on Thursday, Sep 20.

It looks like I'll be SE for next year (forecast 102 segments) but not in time for early SE. I have no idea what I'll pick for next year's privileges. This was an unusual travel year, unlikely to be repeated. I may make Elite 50k next year but I'm unlikely to have status again in the future.

Search this Thread