Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
17 days between the qualifying flight and Early Recognition offer; 12 days from the time the AQM/AQD was posted to my account and when the Early Recognition offer was received.
Haha, good to know. I guess they're responsiveness varies. My account is based in France, anyway, since it's tied to my business travels, so perhaps that's part of the delay as well.

Last edited by echid; Jun 27, 2017 at 9:25 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hit 35K this weekend and privilege selection was live within 24 hours of crossing threshold! Lol
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Nexus
I just hit E35k for the first time, but I'm confused about the eup's and how I accumulate them. I can choose the 5 and 5 from bundle 1 and 2 of the privileges, but is that all I can get? Do I not get any just for crossing E35K? There are none currently showing in my eup's account and don't think choosing 5 more is worth it over the 35% bonus if I only get 10 total for getting to E35K. Can someone enlighten me?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ctf12
I just hit E35k for the first time, but I'm confused about the eup's and how I accumulate them. I can choose the 5 and 5 from bundle 1 and 2 of the privileges, but is that all I can get? Do I not get any just for crossing E35K? There are none currently showing in my eup's account and don't think choosing 5 more is worth it over the 35% bonus if I only get 10 total for getting to E35K. Can someone enlighten me?
The eups for early qualifications are now prorated. So they deducted the number from the amount you could have received as a P25k.

This change was made as of 2015. In 2014 and before they would give you a fresh set of eups for many of the levels (2014 was prorated at E75 and SE100). I think 2013 were the full number of eups at each level.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Bear in mind the 35% bonus is just redeemable miles, not AQM.
Since there is no Early Qualification for P25K, I am surprised they would only award the incremental eUps to someone that wasn't P25K to start the year, but it could very well be that's what they are doing.
You don't get any eUps just for crossing the level, like, there isn't a base set and then additional ones from the bundles. The bundles are it, so you have to select your bundles and that is where they come from.
Redeemable miles do nothing for me (yet) but I use eUps all the time to improve my quality of life, so if I was E35K, I would pick the eUps.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Bear in mind the 35% bonus is just redeemable miles, not AQM.
Since there is no Early Qualification for P25K, I am surprised they would only award the incremental eUps to someone that wasn't P25K to start the year, but it could very well be that's what they are doing.
You don't get any eUps just for crossing the level, like, there isn't a base set and then additional ones from the bundles. The bundles are it, so you have to select your bundles and that is where they come from.
Redeemable miles do nothing for me (yet) but I use eUps all the time to improve my quality of life, so if I was E35K, I would pick the eUps.
Oh I thought it was pro rated. This much more clearly explains why E35k early only gets 10 eUps. Bit unfair for those who aren't already P25 but then they will get or be eligible for at last 30 next year.

Assuming no enhancements.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
You don't start to get automatic eUps, known as threshold eUpgrades, until 60K. At that point you will get 10. The thresholds are every 20K after that through 100K. After 100K, it is every 40K.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ctf12
Are going from nothing to E35K, or were you already P25K (meaning you achieved P25K last year and got your P25K package this year)?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Nexus
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are going from nothing to E35K, or were you already P25K (meaning you achieved P25K last year and got your P25K package this year)?
From nothing to E35K. First time I've been able to achieve status.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AC E35K, HHonors-Silver, BW-Diamond, Bonvoy-Gold Elite
I took my last 2 E35k qualifying flights Monday and yesterday and fly again this Sunday so was hoping to use credits for an upgrade but it doesn't sound like my status will be updated in time. Neither of my 2 flights from this week are showing yet so I'm not getting my hopes up. Too bad, I'm on the 787 from YYC to YYZ so an upgrade would be really nice. This is my first time reaching status so still learning.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jayace77
I took my last 2 E35k qualifying flights Monday and yesterday and fly again this Sunday so was hoping to use credits for an upgrade but it doesn't sound like my status will be updated in time. Neither of my 2 flights from this week are showing yet so I'm not getting my hopes up. Too bad, I'm on the 787 from YYC to YYZ so an upgrade would be really nice. This is my first time reaching status so still learning.
Typically seems to take 3-4 days to post so your Mon flight should post by Fri. Dont think your Wed flight will post till the weekend at the earliest.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E35K, HHonors-Silver, BW-Diamond, Bonvoy-Gold Elite
So my account reflected my status this morning but not on AC's system so no luck for today. Maybe for my return flight later this week.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jayace77
So my account reflected my status this morning but not on AC's system so no luck for today. Maybe for my return flight later this week.
You can ask an agent to remove your FQTV, save and close the file, then add it back. That might work.

But I also found that it took an extra day from the dashboard showing it to when DCS could see it.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can ask an agent to remove your FQTV, save and close the file, then add it back. That might work.

But I also found that it took an extra day from the dashboard showing it to when DCS could see it.
This has always worked for me when I did the P25k-SE100k early qualification crawls in 2014&2016. Even works when flying other *A airlines.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
75th segment Monday morning, 76th Tuesday evening. Still neither showing on dashboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.