Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:50 am
alc

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Yes, it should work. Next year, assuming you do hit SE and the option is still part of the package, you will be able to gift her E50K for the year. One thing to remember, if you hit early S100K and gift her the 50K this year, you won't be able to gift the 50K to her next year until March 1, when the current 50K expires. You cannot gift a status to someone who currently has that status.
Thanks for the respond.

I am thinking to give her E35K for her return flight from HKG on AC 16 where she will be on her own (I will return a week earlier with kid back to school) She got a BMO CC that come with 4 PP guest pass, so she is cover for Lounge, just thought to get the luggage for weight benefit to allow her only need to drag 1 luggage to the airport on her own. I am just concern that if I do select this E35K gift today and being Oct 16, the option will grey out right away and will not let me enter her AP number. I will hit SE next Friday, and that E50K can go to someone else or I will select something else in the list, that headache is for next week

Now I wonder if I do want to contact someone at AC, would I should contact? and which department do I ask for? I wonder even if I am SE now, will the team that answer the SE email address inquiry (which I think is the Aeroplan team) will know this too. I got ~12hr to decide if I want to take shot at this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Stop overanalyzing it and give her the gift.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:12 am

+1
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
+2
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Instant recog?

Originally Posted by alc
Not sure which thread this question show go to, so, starting a new one

Just got my E75K status Today (Oct 16) and under Bundle #1 , it still let me select E35K status as a gift. When you click "more info" it does say the gift must be give out by Oct 15. I do want to give this to my wife, but not sure if I do select this, will it even still let enter my wife AP number.

Any E75K/SE100K FTers actually have this experience to share?
This is probably related to instant recog? Otherwise she won't get her package until just before the start of the new benefit year.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:17 pm
alc

Thanks, I guess you all know me by now that I like to make simple matter complicated

I went ahead and select the Privileges, and the box ask me to provide the recipient show up for me to enter the detail:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1345
Size:  23.6 KB

and after I enter and confirm my Privileges selection, it did say "Friend awarded with Altitude status"

and the gift account did get to E35K status right away.

So, the E50K status might work the same next week, will see who will get it then
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:50 pm

👋🖐🖐

Lol
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:27 pm
alc

As it seems the box to let you enter the gifted account might only be available for Early Recognition after Oct 15, I will ask the mod to merge this into the Early Recognition thread.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I was 17 days (I think) between passing SE100K requirements and my Altitude status reflecting the new status.
Yes! It took 18 days but my Altitude Dashboard know shows S100! I have yet to get an email...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Flew last Saturday, segments posted today, and early recognition granted today!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:34 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
Yes, it does seems they only update Tuesday to Saturday and on a 4-days from the day your AC flight landed. If it the 4th day is on Sunday or Monday, that get update on Tuesday. I am currently waiting for my flights from last Thursday as well. And like yours, my Tuesday flights got posted Saturday morning.
Since my above respond, it had been 3 weeks in a row that my Friday activities got post on Monday, a 3-day processing time. The rest of the activities still the same. My Sunday flight will post on Thursday, for example. I just had a Saturday flight for this past weekend, if it post on Tuesday, I will post again

Btw, one of my Friday flight didn't landed until after midnight, but it was a 2hr+ delay flight, not a scheduled flight to be after midnight. So, the "3 or 4 days" might be based on "scheduled" landing day.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Will hit 100K SE after my LHR --> YVR flight on Thursday (Oct. 26). Any thoughts on my chances of receiving early 100K SE recognition even though I missed the official Oct. 15 date? Should I call the Altitude Elite desk and speak to someone?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
when does the Million Mile Candidate link show up. I only noticed it today on my account, and I'm at 529,003, does it display when you hit 500K?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:59 am
alc

Originally Posted by sram
when does the Million Mile Candidate link show up. I only noticed it today on my account, and I'm at 529,003, does it display when you hit 500K?
Correct, my understanding is that it will show up once you are over 500K, here is the thread about ACMM:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...nition-ac.html
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK
For others benefit, I was able to confirm today that, as in previous years, Aeroplan/Altitude will be providing early status recognition to anyone who has their miles/segments post by Oct. 31st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.