Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Can you load up the card on your smartphone and flash that at them with your boarding pass?
The mobile app shows my status as SE100. I suppose I could do this but seems a bit DYKWIAish to me. I just find it hilarious that their systems are so disjointed.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AleEat
And AC needs to update my profile. Boarding pass says E75 - Zone 2. As my flight is delayed, just for fun I thought I'd ask the check-in agent to see if she could change it. She accepted the challenge but sadly failed. She told me "although my Altitude profile was updated, my Air Canada profile was not".
Originally Posted by alc
i think it is because your status was updated during the day today, hence, the other systems do get this status until yet another overnight update - tonight or the night after. My E35K kick in last Thursday and when I OLCI last Saturday for my Sunday flight, it did show E35K.
Having gone through this several times last year, there's no way DCS is going to see your new status the DAY it was updated.

The day after, however, it will work. Just get them to remove the FQTV (and print a BP to ensure they've done it correctly), then add it again.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Finally got the early recognition, and gifted sibling E35K... Hopefully her credits will be deposited tomorrow so we can upgrade her.

I'll likely make different selections in Jan/Feb, though. Maybe more credits and 75% bonus.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Finally got the early recognition, and gifted sibling E35K... Hopefully her credits will be deposited tomorrow so we can upgrade her.

I'll likely make different selections in Jan/Feb, though. Maybe more credits and 75% bonus.
Congrats! Is the E35 for your sibling good until Feb 2019 even if you choose differently in Jan/Feb or does it only last until feb 2018 in that case?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Hey all

If I fly my 35th segment on Oct 14th, will that qualify me for E35 for early recognition?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Good only until February 28, 2018. March 1 is a brave new world.

​​​​​​Any unused credits expire, while the new January selections will expire in 2019.

I'll have to see how her travel plans are; If she's cutting back, then I'll opt for more personal credits and not make that E35K selection again.

Originally Posted by AleEat
Congrats! Is the E35 for your sibling good until Feb 2019 even if you choose differently in Jan/Feb or does it only last until feb 2018 in that case?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yosemite1
Hey all

If I fly my 35th segment on Oct 14th, will that qualify me for E35 for early recognition?
Conventional wisdom and past experiences and posts suggest that so long as it is credited before 31 Oct you will be fine. However, anything is possible.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:51 am
alc

All my flights from Monday posted this morning and I am at 50 AQS and I get to choose my Privileges right away. The eUpg is still the same as in the Wiki.

Now, will see what happen when I get E75K on the 17th and see if I am really no longer be able to gift a E35K status.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:17 am
alc

Just thought to report about the status and BP thing as we discussed a bit up thread.

A flight that OLCI last night (while still E35K) and do manage check-in again , BP still say E35K. I cancel my OLCI this morning and do it again, still E35K.

OLCI 4 more flights today, I do get preferred seats now for free, but BP still show E35K

I have more flights to check-in tomorrow and the day after, will report and see exactly when will the new status show up without going thru the drop and re-add the AP number. My experience from P25K to E35K was within 72 hours,, will see what it will be this time.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'd suggest attempting to remove and re-add the number every day until it works (which should be tomorrow).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:55 am
alc

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd suggest attempting to remove and re-add the number every day until it works (which should be tomorrow).
I don't have a need to show E50K as it will be Zone 2 regardless unless I have those R / P ticket. I am only reporting back as there was a discussion up thread about this. Once I get SE, that is when I already finish all my EYW trips.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:32 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
Just thought to report about the status and BP thing as we discussed a bit up thread.

A flight that OLCI last night (while still E35K) and do manage check-in again , BP still say E35K. I cancel my OLCI this morning and do it again, still E35K.

OLCI 4 more flights today, I do get preferred seats now for free, but BP still show E35K

I have more flights to check-in tomorrow and the day after, will report and see exactly when will the new status show up without going thru the drop and re-add the AP number. My experience from P25K to E35K was within 72 hours,, will see what it will be this time.
BP from OLCI today show E50K. Hence, from my experience so far from getting to E35K and E50K, you don't necessary need to remove and re-add your AP to your bookings and your new status will show up on BP the day after you achieved the new status.

If I experience something different when I hit E75K, I will report again.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX Gold, AMEX Platinum
I need 207 AQM to hit Elite 35 before Oct 15...should I book a flight before Oct 15?

I need 207 AQM to hit Elite 35k before Oct 15 in order to get early recognition ...should I book a flight before Oct 15?

Is it worth it? tickets are a bit pricy from YYZ ..I think a trip to MTL or NYC should be fine...should I do it?

Pros and Cons please from anyone.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:38 am
alc

Originally Posted by vkk1406
I need 207 AQM to hit Elite 35k before Oct 15 in order to get early recognition ...should I book a flight before Oct 15?

Is it worth it? tickets are a bit pricy from YYZ ..I think a trip to MTL or NYC should be fine...should I do it?

Pros and Cons please from anyone.
welcome to FlyerTalk.

Based on AC flights posting activities recently, you need to complete your flight on Oct 11 so it will post on Oct 15 for the official cut-off date. If you also need AQD, that had been taking 6 or 7 days to post and hence, that means you need to fly today.

My questions for you that you will answer to yourself are:

- why do you need the early recognition?
- do you not have any more Trip so you all be E35K in 2018?
- how much are you willing to speed vs how much value you think you will get from making E35K now vs in 2018?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX Gold, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
welcome to FlyerTalk.

Based on AC flights posting activities recently, you need to complete your flight on Oct 11 so it will post on Oct 15 for the official cut-off date. If you also need AQD, that had been taking 6 or 7 days to post and hence, that means you need to fly today.

My questions for you that you will answer to yourself are:

- why do you need the early recognition?
- do you not have any more Trip so you all be E35K in 2018?
- how much are you willing to speed vs how much value you think you will get from making E35K now vs in 2018?
I fly to DXB for work quite a bit now and already planned 2 trips before Feb2018. I just thought if I hit 35k now it'll help with maintaining the 35k for next year.
Im way above my 4000AQD and now stands at 7000+ AQD.

Im not 100% sold on if its even worth it to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.