Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
The original forum lounge thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information – if it’s about AC/Aeroplan, it doesn’t belong in this thread. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may should be posted to the relevant forum, as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge, that doesn't mean that the FT rules don't apply here (they definitely do), please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities, and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

For those interested, previous versions are here: original 2004 - 2014 thread, 2015, 2016 , 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
But until you turn in your completed card, they have no way of knowing who you are or whether you've completed a chapter. Seems phony to me
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by zorn
If I get a higher resolution monitor (i.e. not just "bigger" necessarily but more pixels tall) is that likely to solve this problem?
it should! the important part that you already clarified is that scrolling up & down moves the chopped off top or bottom of the display into view.

1080 horizontal lines is often too low, many in-between will be 1920x1200 x1440 or x1600. I use 3840x2160 4K, but that seems overkill.

If it's running on Windows, before you buy a new sceen, try system, display custom scaling, https://www.windowscentral.com/how-a...ngs-windows-11and set it to, say, 90%. That way a bit more info fits on one screen (but it won't be quite as sharp/clear as 100%)
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But until you turn in your completed card, they have no way of knowing who you are or whether you've completed a chapter. Seems phony to me
I'm still just a noob. I have a few more drinks to drink and a couple more chapters to complete. A problem for a future trip.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm still just a noob. I have a few more drinks to drink and a couple more chapters to complete. A problem for a future trip.
So does that make you a FOTDR?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:15 pm

So does that make you a FOTDR?
Dunno. But I do have two holy cards that need to get slightly holier. Likely two visits or one bender.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:20 pm

Dunno. But I do have two holy cards that need to get slightly holier. Likely two visits or one bender.
I feel like that should be "holey cards" not "holy" ones ... though I suspect there may be disagreement on that. 😆
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I feel like that should be "holey cards" not "holy" ones ... though I suspect there may be disagreement on that. 😆
Pun most certainly intentional!
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
It does have some very cult-like aspects.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Sounds like someone is just begging for a night of being folded, spindled and/or mutilated.
Bohemian1 and yulscs like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:46 pm

It's minus godawful in Vancouver, we have snow, and it's POETS day. So that means Tiki drinks!

Nui Nui (1937 Version) - Rum (Demerara, Jamaican & cachaça), Orange and Lime juices, Cinnamon and Vanilla syrups, St. Elizabeth Dram, and Jamaican bitters.

A big shout out to our friendly neighborhood moderator for smuggling in a key ingredient!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:04 pm

Nui Nui (1937 Version) - Rum (Demerara, Jamaican & cachaça), Orange and Lime juices, Cinnamon and Vanilla syrups, St. Elizabeth Dram, and Jamaican bitters.
Quantities, please?

big shout out to our friendly neighborhood moderator for smuggling in a key ingredient!
To be clear to any CBSA folks reading, it was properly declared and (sadly, given BC's ludicrous liquor taxes) fully paid for!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:31 am

Quantities, please?
  • 2 ounces aged rum, OR an equal-parts blend of Demerara rum, Jamaican rum and cachaça
  • 1 ounce orange juice
  • 3/4 ounce cinnamon syrup (BG Reynolds)
  • 3/4 ounce lime juice
  • 1/4 ounce vanilla syrup (BG Reynolds)
  • 1/4 ounce allspice dram
  • 2 dashes of bitters (Bittercube Jamaican No.1)
Shake and strain over crushed ice.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Too many ingredients; too much effort.

I'll stick to the cow grog.

1oz El Dorado 12
1oz Bacardi Superior
1/2oz Demerara syrup
1/2oz lime juice
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
A) A local strong IPA, 7.5% or so.

B) additional (A)
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:23 pm

2 dashes of bitters (Bittercube Jamaican No.1)
Bittermen's tiki bitters might be an okay substitute?

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Too many ingredients; too much effort.

I'll stick to the cow grog.

1oz El Dorado 12
1oz Bacardi Superior
1/2oz Demerara syrup
1/2oz lime juice
Not enough ingredients
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.