Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
The original forum lounge thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information – if it’s about AC/Aeroplan, it doesn’t belong in this thread. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may should be posted to the relevant forum, as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge, that doesn't mean that the FT rules don't apply here (they definitely do), please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities, and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

For those interested, previous versions are here: original 2004 - 2014 thread, 2015, 2016 , 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2024)

Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I wonder if BA gold would help me spend my 500k avios.
I mean you can open award space in any class on any BA flight provided you’re willing to spend double the avios 30 or more days in advance so I’d hazard a yes depending on how fast you feel like burning them..
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by neilk99
Didn’t know where to mention this so feel free to move it but until May 7th BA is status matching 50K to silver (OW sapphire) and 75K and SE to gold (OW emerald).
There's a thread on the BA forum, which is where the discussion on this offer belongs.
Nitehawk and neilk99 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:42 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Went to a concert last night, where I was positive that I would be by far the oldest person there.

Some pleasant surprises:
a) Although very much in the minority, there were some other fossils in attendance. Not that anyone seemed to care.
b) Even on the packed floor, everyone was very nice to each other, did not get out of hand, and genuinely seemed to be enjoying themselves.
c) More than 98% of the fairly young crowd actually chose to be engaged and experienced the band 'live', not through their phones.

Maybe the demographic being 75%+ women had something to do with the first two things. But in this screen-dominated age, it was refreshing to see people actually enjoy live music first hand.

My faith in humanity (at least the concert-going chunk) has been temporarily restored.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
RIP Bob Cole aka 'The Voice of Hockey'.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The effort at work to turn the highly respected consulting group into a paid-for-by-thr-customer high pressure sales team is... Getting to me.

I like working (well, whose fooling?: Getting paid) as much as the next guy, and hats off to the sales types for allowing that. But I've not been thanked for solving a technical problem in years.

And they keep lying about "return to the customer". Much as my cats like it, I'm not spending anywhere near enough time in Dorval, Mississauga, or business parks 10 miles from the fun part of mid-sized NA cities.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Here's a random one:

Has anyone in the greater Toronto area seen Kosher for passover Coca Cola (yellow lids) at any grocery stores?

I'll be near YYZ tomorrow & Sat. I normally buy 12-24 2L from various US stores. Only got a couple thus far.

//I suppose with more planning I could have recruited a cow to transport them... But rumor has it recent SFO-YYZ flights are now beverage-free.

Last edited by expert7700; Apr 25, 2024 at 8:03 pm
Old Apr 25, 2024, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
//I suppose with more planning I could have recruited a cow to transport them... But rumor has it recent SFO-YYZ flights are now beverage-free.
Ooof! Too soon.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:22 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by expert7700
Here's a random one:

Has anyone in the greater Toronto area seen Kosher for passover Coca Cola (yellow lids) at any grocery stores?
I haven’t, but thank you for an enjoyable reading rabbit-hole, I had no idea KfP was even a thing in the context of soft drinks.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 11:27 am

The Stones

I received this in my e mail a few days ago. 50 years ago I would have never envisioned the AARP sponsoring a Stones concert! (I'm also not sure I would have know what the AARP was).
They are certainly like the Energizer Bunny, truly amazing given the lifestyle.
billdokes likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC 50K, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kronos80
With four games left, he just needs a goal a game. I believe he does it, then the leafs get bounced in the first round by the panthers, and he only scores 3 playoff goals. 😁

So a couple of adjustments on this. He was one goal shy, and they are playing the Bruins. However, true to form the Leafs are stinking it up, and so far Matthews has only scored 1 goal, so still have a chance to go 2 for 4, which is still one more than the Leafs winning another game this series.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:49 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
No Wi-Fi on my flight tonight. Had to wait till I got home to watch the Canucks resurrection. Some game!
tcook052 and billdokes like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
No Wi-Fi on my flight tonight. Had to wait till I got home to watch the Canucks resurrection. Some game!
With the #3 goalie no less!

Let's see if they can close it out at home on Tuesday!!!!
Old May 26, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I hope none of my managers have children.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have zero flights booked
Old Jun 3, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have zero flights booked
There are cheap fares in economy standard from Stockholm to Montreal on July 8 if you are interested :P
Bohemian1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.