Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Elite kits arriving

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Just received a call back from Aeroplan. She told me on the phone that unless she selects her benefits she will not receive a package. I explained to her we are delaying selecting benefits as we are not sure our travel plans and needs for the remainder of the year yet and are unsure on which benefits we want and the agent told me that until benefits are selected no kit will be sent.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Just received a call back from Aeroplan. She told me on the phone that unless she selects her benefits she will not receive a package. I explained to her we are delaying selecting benefits as we are not sure our travel plans and needs for the remainder of the year yet and are unsure on which benefits we want and the agent told me that until benefits are selected no kit will be sent.
Obviously that is false. I have not selected any benefits yet, although I did pretend to the other day. Clicked on "Select Your Benefits" but never actually selected anything....
canadiancow and TheViperOne like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's nonsense, and dates back to when paper MLL passes were a select benefit for all tiers.

In 2017, they would not send out a package until you picked your benefits because it could change the contents of the package. That changed in the 2018 benefit year (when only 25K could choose more as a select benefit), and kits were mailed out immediately. In 2018, 2019, and 2020, I selected my benefits in October, and I'd had my kit for months.
The cow already went over this earlier as I was fed the same nonsense before as well.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Have any of you tried the 'Request a physical card' link lately?

Ron.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
Have any of you tried the 'Request a physical card' link lately?

Ron.
It’s greyed out on her account as you can only request one once per year
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:36 am
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
So I received this email on Jan 26th, but the link to actually request the physical kit is not working for me.
After I click the link it states that the offer is expired (see below picture).

In the terms and conditions of the email the validity date is between Jan 26th, 2023 and Feb 9th, 2023. I suspect this is just Air Canada screwing it up in the back end; but can anyone else confirm if they have the same issue?

Old Jan 30, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No 50k kit here in AB and I’ve been 50k since about October. I will take the real kit as having a card is always good insurance to get into partner lounges.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Received my SE kit in YYZ late last week! Was a nice surprise coming back from a trip.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Got the kit last week, changed priority contacts in my phone and hum that's it.

​the cards are the same, not worth swapping hehe
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
Got the kit last week, changed priority contacts in my phone and hum that's it.

​the cards are the same, not worth swapping hehe
Just got mine today - cards are worth swapping out in case you get the rare Star Alliance lounge agent who insists on seeing it as they do have expiry dates printed on them (I remember a couple years back in BRU they even took a picture of mine as the design had changed and it no longer matched their photo guide). Baggage tags, well, I wouldn't bother except mine's peeling and looks ratty.

Question though, has anyone come up with creative alternate uses for the metal things they send for attaching them?? I have about 50 and they never need replacing!
yyznomad likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Got my new luggage tags (2) and card yesterday in YOW.

My '3MM' logo is almost worn off my luggage tag from 2020.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Question though, has anyone come up with creative alternate uses for the metal things they send for attaching them?? I have about 50 and they never need replacing!
I also keep them for future use, they are very sturdy. I'm sure I'll find a good use for them. I have a few in the bottom of my travel bag.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
So when I qualified for a higher status last yr I never got anything but just didn't care too much. I do kind of want the physical card and newer bag tags? I cannot figure out how to request it online? There is a you lost your card but that doesn't send the whole kit just the card? Just wondering if anyone knows
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I selected my benefits on Jan 31 at 11pm, and my kit was in my mailbox on February 1st at 11am.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:53 am

I signed up this year not to get the kit. I rather get the points since I never use the card or luggage tags

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.