Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please see this thread for questions on access to the Signature Suites. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for Signature Suites. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

AC Signature Suite website

Retired threads with Signature Suite information:
If you have questions about the chauffeur service, there is a specific thread for that.

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by kubees
I guess I missed this until now but Aeroplan flexible business class bookings (and First Class redemptions) are eligible for entry. Do tickets in this category include the use of the vehicle transfer service and other benefits associated with the signature class experience (paid)?
Let us know if you get it!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by newfbc
Still no burger on the weekend... ugh.

Ron.
I thought the burger wasn't a weekend vs weekday thing - it was a time of day thing - not offered during the evening rush, only available earlier in the day. (Although I've been able to get it in the evening by asking nicely).
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Field report, 4 July

Just a quick report - on 4 July, there were lines (maybe 5 minutes) from the time I arrived until the time I left (19:00 - about 22:00). Service was quick and the food very good. The staff are exceptionally nice and helpful. Crowding, delays and grumpy travelers were omnipresent but the SS was an oasis.

I transferred from a domestic flight and was not offered a transfer. It would have been nice given the environment. Does anyone know what the criteria are?

I was very grateful to be able to spend time in the SS versus the other options available at YYZ. The pot de crème is now my new favorite dessert.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
Just a quick report - on 4 July, there were lines (maybe 5 minutes) from the time I arrived until the time I left (19:00 - about 22:00). Service was quick and the food very good. The staff are exceptionally nice and helpful. Crowding, delays and grumpy travelers were omnipresent but the SS was an oasis.

I transferred from a domestic flight and was not offered a transfer. It would have been nice given the environment. Does anyone know what the criteria are?

I was very grateful to be able to spend time in the SS versus the other options available at YYZ. The pot de crème is now my new favorite dessert.
If I am honest, I don't think I have ever had anything less than a very pleasant experience and great staff at the SS in YYZ, even during YYZ dumpster fire days.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:50 am

June 2022
Vancouver Signature Suite

It was definitely an improvement over Maple Leaf Lounge, but staffs did not really automatically give you the a la carte menu unless you asked. The buffet was okay, but the a la carte menu was better.

Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Carfield
June 2022
Vancouver Signature Suite

It was definitely an improvement over Maple Leaf Lounge, but staffs did not really automatically give you the a la carte menu unless you asked. The buffet was okay, but the a la carte menu was better.
Interesting. When I went, I was greeted as I arrived upstairs, and was encourated to dine at the a la carte dining area where I was immediately given a menu.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
With all the delays these days, is the SS staying open later to accommodate some of the delayed flights?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Catbert10
With all the delays these days, is the SS staying open later to accommodate some of the delayed flights?
Stayed open for our 1:35am departure:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34333757-post2034.html
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Feedback from dad in SSL today (19:45-21:30):

- packed, much more people compared to previous visits before Covid
- really good food and service
- tiny tiny portions, order two items from each course to be full (and fwiw his appetite is very average)

Unfortunately I won’t be on any SSL-eligible tickets until early next year.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder to what extent current crowding levels are attributable to the inevitable delays every evening vs. high summer demand more generally. Delays mean that pax stay in the SS longer and later than AC had planned, thus creating more overlap with pax on later flights. (Those later flights themselves might be delayed, but pax probably won't know of the delay until they're at the airport and thus show up at the SS for an on-time departure.)
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:32 pm

Is this lounge worth it? Yes, yes it is, “sir we don’t have Moët Rose but we have Laurent Perrier Rose” yeah that will do! Best lounge in North America hands down.

I don’t have enough posts to give you a picture of the bottle but it was perfectly chilled. Service in this lounge is 5 star restaurant, my wife is pregnant and they made her multiple mocktail concoctions when she told them.

Also yes lounge is busy but service is top notch, the lineup to get into the premium plaza lounge, good luck.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 22, 2022 at 7:31 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@storch, with this being your first post, welcome to FT
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

They were out of the venison and the branzino. Everything was delicious with the exception of the lentil soup which was actively gross. I compared it to coffee grounds, my partner compared it to mud. We made a brave attempt at it and then set it aside - at which point the (amazing) server commented that it wasn’t for her either. All in all, an amazing experience.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by TorTraveler
They were out of the venison and the branzino. Everything was delicious with the exception of the lentil soup which was actively gross. I compared it to coffee grounds, my partner compared it to mud. We made a brave attempt at it and then set it aside - at which point the (amazing) server commented that it wasn’t for her either. All in all, an amazing experience.
Enjoying the YYZ Signature Suite today. Same menu. Unfortunately still out of the venison carpaccio. But the Branzino fish dish was available. Excellent choice and a surprisingly nice combination with the pea purée. Service is outstanding as always.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any expectations on when the menu will change and how often they plan to rotate menus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.