Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please see this thread for questions on access to the Signature Suites. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for Signature Suites. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

AC Signature Suite website

Retired threads with Signature Suite information:
If you have questions about the chauffeur service, there is a specific thread for that.

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:48 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
I was at the YYZ SS today, no wait when I entered around 3:30pm, but there was a line up when I left the lounge around 5:15pm.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
There are often lineups at dinner hour, esp. with the number of TATL flights departing in early evening.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:35 pm

Another visit to the SSL, far busier than my previous visits this year but I didn't have to wait in line nor did I see any lines. All of the a la carte dining room tables were full as well as most of the other seating.

Service took a bit longer than before but still excellent quality. they were out of champagne flutes at one point. Much better than Polaris lounges of which I visited two last week.

My server, Mike, the same one I've had before, informed me that there will be a new menu offering for a la carte within a few weeks.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
they were out of champagne flutes at one point.
Good. Hopefully they ditch them entirely.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
This was from a few days ago. I was worried about timing since I only had a 2h international-international transit (really 1h20min minus boarding time). Inbound flight arrived early but got stuck waiting for staff at international transit security (flew in from a non-secured country). But I was able to get a full 3-courses and coffee in.

Been to the YYZ SS before, first time at the YVR SS. I was impressed with the dining options, but I wish the lounge was bigger to accommodate relaxing and work areas. Service was average, they forgot my drink order and sometimes took a while to clear my plate even though lounge was half full.

In terms of food and drinks, I think AC SS is best of all business lounges. But for lounging, work, and showers, I prefer AA Flagship or UA Polaris more.

Menu

Foie gras - this was very tasty

Salmon - this was ok, it was good but I was expecting more flavor

Didn't offer any dessert, so I got this salted caramel thing from the buffet

Didn't try the buffet except for the dessert, but it had a decent selection of vegan and non-vegan food
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Been to the YYZ SS before, first time at the YVR SS. I was impressed with the dining options, but I wish the lounge was bigger to accommodate relaxing and work areas. Service was average, they forgot my drink order and sometimes took a while to clear my plate even though lounge was half full.
Thanks for the review! All things considered, would you say you prefer the YVR or YYZ SS, and is the difference large enough to favor connecting in one airport versus the other?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by dkc192
Thanks for the review! All things considered, would you say you prefer the YVR or YYZ SS, and is the difference large enough to favor connecting in one airport versus the other?
I prefer YVR over YYZ in terms of ambience, just feels more spacious and great tarmac views. And YVR doesn't get as busy as YYZ. I went to YYZ SS during TATL rush and it was pretty full, probably 90% seats taken, YVR only got to around 50% full. Granted I was there in the early part when there were only 5 international flights later in the afternoon/evening (NRT, ZRH, FRA, LHRx2).

I would just pick based on connection times and maybe reliability(?), I'm not sure how the mess is going on at YYZ. YVR was relatively calm except for my aforementioned transit security wait.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:02 pm

View from the Wing had a review with pictures recently.

https://viewfromthewing.com/air-cana...r-review-2022/

The tomahawk steak looks delicious, though unfortunately it doesn't seem like a permanent menu item.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by illico
View from the Wing had a review with pictures recently.

https://viewfromthewing.com/air-cana...r-review-2022/

The tomahawk steak looks delicious, though unfortunately it doesn't seem like a permanent menu item.
That’s got to be the best lounge steak out there. Hopefully they’re getting massive praise for it so that they keep it as a standard menu item.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Wow! I wish they had it when I went through last week! Because Air Canada doesn't believe in punctuality, I didn't have much time to spend in the Signature Suite.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I am in the YVR SS now. Great food, very friendly and attentive service and fantastic views over the tarmac. On top of that my flight is showing an on time departure, not sure what more I could ask for…
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
On top of that my flight is showing an on time departure, not sure what more I could ask for…
I think you should buy a lottery ticket.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:26 am

We are soon going to be on the 9:35pm flight from YYZ to FRA. Seeing the delays over the last few days (some days it departed way after midnight) I am wondering how long the SSL stays open, do they keep it open until the last AC flight left for the day?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by wollew
We are soon going to be on the 9:35pm flight from YYZ to FRA. Seeing the delays over the last few days (some days it departed way after midnight) I am wondering how long the SSL stays open, do they keep it open until the last AC flight left for the day?
When I was there (and, of course, heavily delayed... 1:30am takeoff) on Sunday, they told me they were closing at 12:30am, which is later than the published hours, FWIW.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Still no burger on the weekend... ugh.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.