Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please see this thread for questions on access to the Signature Suites. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for Signature Suites. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (MLLs): essentially, regular lounges
  • Caf: caf-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

AC Signature Suite website

Retired threads with Signature Suite information:
If you have questions about the chauffeur service, there is a specific thread for that.

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

AC Signature Suites - information & experiences (2022 onwards)

Old May 5, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond
I just read that it has reopened as of today. Would be interested to know when/if someone makes a visit to this lounge and can report back on the service now that it has re-opened and how it compares to YYZ? Cheers!
Old May 6, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
On Tue, there was definitely a person sitting at the desk in the little hallway beside the stairs going up. I accidentally turned that way at one point, all the glass walls confused me ​​​​​​

Wasn't flying on an eligible fare, so couldn't go up...
Old May 21, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have reports/experience of breakfast service at the lounge?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
any comments on how YVR SS compares to YYZ in food/drink offerings?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:49 pm

Covid Experience at SS that much better than regular (bad) lounge?

Just flew mid May to Europe on economy award ticket but I have Star Alliance Gold. Never heard of SS lounge so asked at the regular lounge and they said better single malt LOL. Said ok I would try it then and made the trek. SS host wasnt sure if I could access it or not so made some calls and sure enough answer came back no so they sent me back to the regular lounge.

My question is just whether the SS really is a step up during this late Covid stage? The regular lounge was terrible, tiny wraps and boxed salad with chips and a few cookies is the only food available and only one attendant serving drinks for the entire lounge.

The rest of my Europe trip had wonderful lounges in Istanbul, London, Copenhagen and Munich but Toronto sucked.

Will be travelling again soon and thinking about booking award business but if lounge not great may save my points.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by eyeam2cool4u
Just flew mid May to Europe on economy award ticket but I have Star Alliance Gold. Never heard of SS lounge so asked at the regular lounge and they said better single malt LOL. Said ok I would try it then and made the trek. SS host wasnt sure if I could access it or not so made some calls and sure enough answer came back no so they sent me back to the regular lounge.

My question is just whether the SS really is a step up during this late Covid stage? The regular lounge was terrible, tiny wraps and boxed salad with chips and a few cookies is the only food available and only one attendant serving drinks for the entire lounge.

The rest of my Europe trip had wonderful lounges in Istanbul, London, Copenhagen and Munich but Toronto sucked.

Will be travelling again soon and thinking about booking award business but if lounge not great may save my points.
There is lots of good info on the SS in the wiki (above)
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:52 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by eyeam2cool4u
My question is just whether the SS really is a step up during this late Covid stage?
Yes. Several steps better.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by dkc192
Any reports of the menu on offer and the quality of the food?
I'm there on Sunday night before my YVR-SYD and will do my best to post a thorough review.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
What are the hours of operation in YYZ and YVR - can't seem to locate that information.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I had the opportunity to stop in to the YVR Signature Suite before tonight's YVR-SYD, and wrote up a brief review.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest:

Review: Air Canada Signature Suite, Vancouver
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I had the opportunity to stop in to the YVR Signature Suite before tonight's YVR-SYD, and wrote up a brief review.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest:

Review: Air Canada Signature Suite, Vancouver
Very nice review! Looking very much forward to my first visit to the lounge in two weeks time.

I am just a bit confused when you say "No level of (published) airline status will get you in the door here, nor any form of upgrade; only a paid business- or first-class ticket on an Air Canada-operated flight to another continent will do the job" since Air Canada does not have first class since many many years (and "Executive First" was just a fancy name for their business class).
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Looks like no change in the menu from before it closed. Barring an unfortunate misconnect, I'll be there next week!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by flying chef
What are the hours of operation in YYZ and YVR - can't seem to locate that information.
In YYZ last week we were on a flight that was delayed significantly (scheduled for 10:55pm departure), delayed until 1:35am. They kept the lounge open for us, even though it was after closing (normally scheduled for 11pm). They cleared the buffet at about midnight. Bar stayed open until we headed to gate at about 12:50.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K (1st timer!)
Crowd levels at SS

Hi all. Wondering how the crowd levels are at the Signature Suites in YYZ as of late. Hearing about tons of lineups at the MLLs but no word on the SS.

Flying our first paid J to Europe on AC in 3 weeks and would hate to miss out on this part of the experience.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lcfowler
Hi all. Wondering how the crowd levels are at the Signature Suites in YYZ as of late. Hearing about tons of lineups at the MLLs but no word on the SS.

Flying our first paid J to Europe on AC in 3 weeks and would hate to miss out on this part of the experience.
I was there about three weeks ago. It was pretty crowded inside, but there were no delays to get in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.