Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Sorry, I misunderstood. Yeah, it's ... Inconsistent at best.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Basically everything flown by mid February posted on February 18, whether it was own Jan 1 or Feb 15.

​​​​​​Then there was another sweep, with even more bonuses.

And now I think there are so few people outside of the 6-8 week published range that I could count them on my fingers.
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Basically everything flown by mid February posted on February 18, whether it was own Jan 1 or Feb 15.
"Basically" being an important qualifier here to reflect things like one of my February 12 flights posting in the first sweep and the other not posting until the second
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone know if the two promotions combine? I think I should get bonus SQM and SQD AND bonus miles, right? This is the other promo I am referring to:

https://blog.frequentflyerbonuses.co...n-flights.html
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Has anyone who flew after March 1st had their bonus SQx posted?

Or that's on the next sweep?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by supatight80
Has anyone who flew after March 1st had their bonus SQx posted?

Or that's on the next sweep?
not yet. have weekly flights and only the flight segment has posted, but none of the bonuses (with the exception of the aforementioned feb posting)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:41 pm

As another reference point I flew YYC-YVR-SYD on February 20 and the bonus points posted for the YYC-YVR segment within a week but the YVR-SYD bonus still hasn't posted yet. The SYD segment would have technically departed on Feb 21 eastern standard time so perhaps that was the sweep cut-off. All of the regular miles have posted.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:45 am

It’s also just likely that there’s something wrong with their reward posting system after Feb 21. An earlier poster mentioned that they’d contact AC and was told that they are aware of the situation.

For me, the regular miles for my march flights didn’t even slow up on my app and I had to manually claim each leg - it was quick but annoying, the data was there and easily pulled up, but the system seems to have problem completing the last mile of posting it to my account. Funny enough my Uber rides to the airport were posted pretty much immediately - some system connection is probably broken.

🤷‍♀️
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Loess
As another reference point I flew YYC-YVR-SYD on February 20 and the bonus points posted for the YYC-YVR segment within a week but the YVR-SYD bonus still hasn't posted yet. The SYD segment would have technically departed on Feb 21 eastern standard time so perhaps that was the sweep cut-off. All of the regular miles have posted.
Originally Posted by pycee
It’s also just likely that there’s something wrong with their reward posting system after Feb 21. An earlier poster mentioned that they’d contact AC and was told that they are aware of the situation.

For me, the regular miles for my march flights didn’t even slow up on my app and I had to manually claim each leg - it was quick but annoying, the data was there and easily pulled up, but the system seems to have problem completing the last mile of posting it to my account. Funny enough my Uber rides to the airport were posted pretty much immediately - some system connection is probably broken.

🤷‍♀️
I was that poster who received confirmation from AC that they know something is wrong. The weird thing is I'm missing the bonus for flights on Feb 20 as well. And there are others who've reported receiving the bonus for flights in March. So the whole thing just seems like a hot mess. Sigh...
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:58 am

I have flights on Feb 24 and 25 that have not had bonuses post yet.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
My experience: all of my flights have posted the Accelerate Status promotion from Jan 1 to Feb 16. My Feb 17 flights onward have not posted the promotion yet. Regular flight posting seems to come within a few days with select benefit bonuses a day or two later.
For greater clarity, I did fly on both Feb 16 and Feb 17.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:03 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
For me, the last flight to post was February 20th (Feb 25th flights did not), but it seems that there's a lot of people who had flights sometime after mid-Februaryish who have not seen any more posts for this promotion.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
For me, the last flight to post was February 20th (Feb 25th flights did not), but it seems that there's a lot of people who had flights sometime after mid-Februaryish who have not seen any more posts for this promotion.
My flight on Feb 20th posted but anything after Feb 22 has not posted for me. Seems similar to everyone above.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm about to cancel a multi-thousand paid J trip on AC, to rebook on slightly more expensive (but a decent bit more convenient) LH flights, because the only benefit of AC for me this year is LQM.

They really need to come up with a promo to keep their frequent flyers flying, as opposed to keeping their "I've never been a X level FF before" flyers flying.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They really need to come up with a promo to keep their frequent flyers flying, as opposed to keeping their "I've never been a X level FF before" flyers flying.
I think you vastly overestimate how many people are in the position that you're in. You're not the only one, but the number is likely miniscule, and I'd bet you the others all live in Canada and are likely to give a sizeable chunk of their business anyway.

This promo hits anyone with any Aeroplan status, and while it may be particularly appealing for the churners who've gamed their way to good status the past couple years, it's attractive to anyone who hasn't flown much the past couple years who's just getting back in the air.
vernonc, Bohemian1, jasdou and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.