Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:32 am

Husband still has not received the 500/5/500.
He does not have the CC but did link with uber, earn points and bought a LCBO gift card.

Have emailed AC twice, acknowledged only the first time (back in June)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I received the bonus for an Aug 15 LHR-YUL.. but.. I have not received for an Aug 11 YVR-LHR. I suspect it's because that flight did not originally credit automatically and I had to put in a request - which processed immediately. I have updated Wiki.

Ron.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan
It seems they are doing these sweeps more frequently now, which is nice.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Husband still has not received the 500/5/500.
He does not have the CC but did link with uber, earn points and bought a LCBO gift card.

Have emailed AC twice, acknowledged only the first time (back in June)
8 weeks overdue now.

I spoke to an agent over the phone and he said maybe it will be credited at the end of September once this whole promo is over.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Anecdotal data:

Accelerate Europe promo SQMs for YUL-LYS on 12AUG showed up in my account on 22AUG.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
YVR-LHR round trip in July. Both posted properly for original credit (along with COS bonus) but the promo SQD/SQM only posted for the return.

Last edited by yvr76; Aug 23, 2022 at 11:20 pm
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yvr76
YVR-LHR round trip in July. Both posted properly for original credit but the bonus SQD/SQM only posted for the return.
I just had a base flight post only the return leg also today strangely. Will have to wait a few days and see what happens but strange that the return leg several days after the departure posted first.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
It is the same question as June and July, are there still people waiting for the COS bonus from February?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyckiwi
It is the same question as June and July, are there still people waiting for the COS bonus from February?
COS bonus (15% comfort fare, 25% Latitude/PY, 50% J) would post with the original flight credit. Are you referring to that or the "2022 Closer to Status Bonus" promo miles?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:09 am

YUL - ATH august 12 flight. Europe promo posted on august 22.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yvr76
COS bonus (15% comfort fare, 25% Latitude/PY, 50% J) would post with the original flight credit. Are you referring to that or the "2022 Closer to Status Bonus" promo miles?
I suspect yyckiwi is referring to the Accelerate Your Way to Status bonus SQMs applicable to the standard COS bonus SQMs, which were missed during the 'first sweep' for flights before February 20, which AC later corrected with retroactive adjustments, but initially failed to do so for all segments in scenarios where a passenger had multiple COS- and AYW-eligible segments on the same day.

For me (and seems like most others), this was finally fixed on June 30.

yyckiwi - Have you gone back in your activity log to check the original travel date?

For me, the adjustment was added retroactively and surreptitiously with a different description. See below screenshot. I flew AC855 and AC1289 on Feb 14, for 4,426 SQM and 2,338 SQM, respectively, including COS bonuses. The first set of AYW SQM bonuses (labeled, for some reason, as 'Get Closer to Status When You Travel') missed the COS component so only credited for 3,541 SQM and 1,870 SQM, respectively. Some time after that (in April IIRC), an adjustment of 885 SQM was added still with the 'Get Closer to Status When You Travel' description. Finally, in late June, the 468 SQM associated with the COS bonus of the shorter flight was added, but this time just labeled as 'Status qualifying activity/Benefit adjusted'.

Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I suspect yyckiwi is referring to the Accelerate Your Way to Status bonus SQMs applicable to the standard COS bonus SQMs, which were missed during the 'first sweep' for flights before February 20, which AC later corrected with retroactive adjustments, but initially failed to do so for all segments in scenarios where a passenger had multiple COS- and AYW-eligible segments on the same day.

For me (and seems like most others), this was finally fixed on June 30.

yyckiwi - Have you gone back in your activity log to check the original travel date?

For me, the adjustment was added retroactively and surreptitiously with a different description. See below screenshot. I flew AC855 and AC1289 on Feb 14, for 4,426 SQM and 2,338 SQM, respectively, including COS bonuses. The first set of AYW SQM bonuses (labeled, for some reason, as 'Get Closer to Status When You Travel') missed the COS component so only credited for 3,541 SQM and 1,870 SQM, respectively. Some time after that (in April IIRC), an adjustment of 885 SQM was added still with the 'Get Closer to Status When You Travel' description. Finally, in late June, the 468 SQM associated with the COS bonus of the shorter flight was added, but this time just labeled as 'Status qualifying activity/Benefit adjusted'.

For some reason my activity will only go back 39 transactions, even if I try to go back for 12 months. So I cannot check that way. But I have set up an excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything and the total of that, is still short the COS bonus for the flight on 19th Feb. When compared to the SQM on both our dashboards. It does not matter for my SQM, as i am already over 75,000. But for Mrs. Kiwi it may be important, as I think after our trip in the autumn she will be at 75,160. I would like a little breathing room in case LH does not post as much as I expect.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AC E75K
For some reason my activity will only go back 39 transactions, even if I try to go back for 12 months. So I cannot check that way. But I have set up an excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything and the total of that, is still short the COS bonus for the flight on 19th Feb. When compared to the SQM on both our dashboards. It does not matter for my SQM, as i am already over 75,000. But for Mrs. Kiwi it may be important, as I think after our trip in the autumn she will be at 75,160. I would like a little breathing room in case LH does not post as much as I expect.
Yeah, my activity log wasn't loading past the 6-month mark either. I kept fussing around with the filter and refreshing, and somehow, eventually got it to load further back. Just another AC IT quirk I suppose so maybe keep trying. Sorry I can't be of more help!
yyckiwi likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:37 am

Did anyone with family sharing get the 5/5/5 ? Wondering if that's the issue for us since we redeemed from the family account

Would boost parts of our fam to 35k. Would love those extra eupgrades....
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tbuff
Did anyone with family sharing get the 5/5/5 ?
Yes
Adam Smith and yyztozag like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.