Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Well, the weekend has come and gone and still no signs of the bonus miles / SQD from the 5/5/500 promo in my account. Frustrating…
likewise
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AC E75K
Well, the weekend has come and gone and still no signs of the bonus miles / SQD from the 5/5/500 promo in my account. Frustrating…
Are you referring to the ACV part of this promo? Or what else is missing?

(FWIW, I'm still missing the COS bonus for pre-mid-Feb flights caught in the 'first sweep' in cases where with multiple flights on the same date, which didn't get adjusted retroactively because only one of those flights were adjusted.)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Same
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Are you referring to the ACV part of this promo? Or what else is missing?
No, I am referring to the 5000 SQM / 5 SQD / 500 SQD from Part 1 of the promo.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Ah ok. That's odd. I did receive mine for that.

FWIW, my 3 qualifying activities were AC credit card, Starbucks, and Uber.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Ah ok. That's odd. I did receive mine for that.

FWIW, my 3 qualifying activities were AC credit card, Starbucks, and Uber.
I linked my Aeroplan account to Starbucks, earned miles on a rental car and redeemed miles for a gift card on the eStore - unless I missed something this should fulfill the requirements of the promo, right?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:42 pm

Nothing for me here. Filled out the form
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
a reminder that they backdate it to the flight date. I thought mine hadn’t been credited when in fact it had. Brutal to track. Could this be the case for you?
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:19 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
So, it certainly sounds like this promo is being applied by segment - but can anyone confirm receiving bonus for the TATL leg of an itinerary with a final destination other than Europe?

Also curious about the current lag for posting the Euro legs? I’ve had a May 3 LHR-YYZ post. Currently waiting on a June 10 YYZ-FRA and a June 20 FRA-YYZ. I’m a 50K now but those bonuses plus the rest of my summer travel will get me 75k early recognition prior to my fall travels… which would be ideal…
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Originally Posted by wjw
So, it certainly sounds like this promo is being applied by segment - but can anyone confirm receiving bonus for the TATL leg of an itinerary with a final destination other than Europe?

Also curious about the current lag for posting the Euro legs? I’ve had a May 3 LHR-YYZ post. Currently waiting on a June 10 YYZ-FRA and a June 20 FRA-YYZ. I’m a 50K now but those bonuses plus the rest of my summer travel will get me 75k early recognition prior to my fall travels… which would be ideal…
From the May European flights posting in early June, I would expect the June flights positing around July 7-14th period. My May flight to LHR have posted, but June 9th return flight has not posted the European segment bonus.

Also, I am still missing some Class of Service bonus for 2 flights from February, I have asked twice from Air Canada, no response other than they are working on it.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Regarding the Part I promo (5/5/500), I filled out the online customer contact form, as Adam had suggested. I received a call from Aeroplan (missed the call so just got the voicemail) indicating that there is indeed a delay right now for some customers in posting this part of the promo, and an email was supposed to have gone out to all those affected...but it hasn't yet gone out. The person said the promo should be posted at some point in the next 2-3 weeks.
2-3 weeks they said
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
I received the promo bonus for the TATL segment of an itinerary with the final destination outside of Europe. Haven't received anything for the return TATL leg though, maybe in the next sweep...
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by visitor
a reminder that they backdate it to the flight date. I thought mine hadn’t been credited when in fact it had. Brutal to track. Could this be the case for you?
i checked that as soon as it was mentioned in this thread earlier and regularly again over the last few days, unfortunately that is not the case.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:53 pm

Forgive me if this question has already been answered …

The flight portion of this promo (through 30SEP) specifies flights operated by AC.

Does this mean that codeshare flights, booked on an AC ticket, are excluded ?

I was really hoping to fly the LH A350 !
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dodgy73
The flight portion of this promo (through 30SEP) specifies flights operated by AC.

Does this mean that codeshare flights, booked on an AC ticket, are excluded ?
Yes.

I was really hoping to fly the LH A350 !
You can fly it, you just won't earn any bonus SQx.
ACflyerDE and DrunkCargo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.