Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 5:39 pm

A flight Sept 22 posted almost instantly but the return Sep 25 has not.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I was supposed to fly AC863 LHR-YVR on Sep 30.. flight was cancelled. Flew AC2163 on Oct 1.. think they'll give me the bonus?

Ron.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by newfbc
I was supposed to fly AC863 LHR-YVR on Sep 30.. flight was cancelled. Flew AC2163 on Oct 1.. think they'll give me the bonus?

Ron.
I would certainly write in and try. I doubt it will credit automatically.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100k
Hello! First time posting, but long time lurker here.

Can someone confirm if Accelerate Your Way to Status promo is also applied to Star Alliance codeshare flights? I booked through aircanada.ca and my return trip was on October 28th with the following route: LIS-FRA (TAP,) then FRA-YUL (Lufthansa.)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Adamsimms; Oct 6, 2022 at 8:55 am
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Adamsimms
Hello! First time posting, but long time lurker here.

Can someone confirm if Accelerate Your Way to Status promo is also applied to Star Alliance codeshare flights? I booked through aircanada.ca and my return trip was on October 28th with the following route: LIS-FRA (TAP,) then FRA-YUL (Lufthansa.)

Thanks in advance!
No - the promo only applies if the aircraft had Air Canada on it.
Adamsimms likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
No - the promo only applies if the aircraft had Air Canada on it.
And he/she is outside of the promo window (promo ended on Sep 30th)
ChrisA330 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG

Ron.
I was on AC859 that day and overheard that a PAX died on the plane during boarding process. Was that true?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by seegs
I was on AC859 that day and overheard that a PAX died on the plane during boarding process. Was that true?
I never heard that.. but they had started boarding and abruptly stopped. On AC2163 (same plane), the captain gave us an explanation.. he stated that the AC unit had failed.. and usually there's a redundant unit.. but that unit had previously failed and had not been replaced. They replaced one of the units overnight after some difficulty sourcing it.

Ron.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
More anecdotal data: I'm still waiting on the Accelerate promo SQMs for YUL-LYS segments flown 23 and 25 SEPT 2022.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I never heard that.. but they had started boarding and abruptly stopped. On AC2163 (same plane), the captain gave us an explanation.. he stated that the AC unit had failed.. and usually there's a redundant unit.. but that unit had previously failed and had not been replaced. They replaced one of the units overnight after some difficulty sourcing it.

Ron.
I can imagine the chain of broken telephone to lead toward this. This makes so much more sense.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by NordsFan
More anecdotal data: I'm still waiting on the Accelerate promo SQMs for YUL-LYS segments flown 23 and 25 SEPT 2022.
Likewise, waiting on the bonus for a YYZ-LHR segment flown on Sept 27th - this is what will bring me over the SE threshold for the first time ever so I'm pretty excited. In other news, congrats on your upcoming 2MM milestone!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100k
My bad, it was actually September 28th.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Likewise, waiting on the bonus for a YYZ-LHR segment flown on Sept 27th - this is what will bring me over the SE threshold for the first time ever so I'm pretty excited. In other news, congrats on your upcoming 2MM milestone!
Félicitations jasdou !
jasdou likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
No “Monday sweep” again yesterday. It’s now been since Sept 26 since the last sweep. Granted, two of those Monday’s have been holidays and I noticed that they didn’t do a sweep on the Labour Day holiday Monday either. Maybe we finally get the last one on Oct 17 that brings the promotion to an end?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
No “Monday sweep” again yesterday. It’s now been since Sept 26 since the last sweep. Granted, two of those Monday’s have been holidays and I noticed that they didn’t do a sweep on the Labour Day holiday Monday either. Maybe we finally get the last one on Oct 17 that brings the promotion to an end?
Was Oct 3rd a holiday? I’m in ON and I don’t recall it being a holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.