Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by sha8192
Was Oct 3rd a holiday? I’m in ON and I don’t recall it being a holiday.
You're right. I was thinking Truth and Reconciliation but that fell on a Friday. Maybe that impacted it? Who knows. AC was doing great for a couple months they did a sweep every Monday without fail.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:35 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Maybe it's because this (theoretically) should be the last sweep that they do for this promo.

Perhaps they were just waiting to hoover up all of the remaining flights that they can in one big seep.
vancouver25k likes this.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Oct 11, 2022 at 2:47 pm Reason: I'm smarter than a spell checker
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Maybe it's because this (theoretically) should be the last sweep that they do for this promo.

Maybe they were just waiting to hover up all of the remaining flights that they can in one big seep.
This makes the most sense. I'm roughly 1000 SQM from the next tier and this sweep will bring me over. Been checking my account daily for the sweep, but no update so far. Sept 24 YYZ - LHR.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Still waiting for BCN to YYZ on 9/23, what's the best way to contact to get the bonus credited or just sit and wait?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If the terms say it could take more than 23 days, I know what the result of contacting them would be.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If the terms say it could take more than 23 days, I know what the result of contacting them would be.
I wrote in. I got a formulaic response that it might take 30 days.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
No “Monday sweep” again yesterday. It’s now been since Sept 26 since the last sweep. Granted, two of those Monday’s have been holidays and I noticed that they didn’t do a sweep on the Labour Day holiday Monday either. Maybe we finally get the last one on Oct 17 that brings the promotion to an end?
Maybe the person who manages the Lotus 1-2-3 bonus spreadsheet is on vacation.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Maybe the person who manages the Lotus 1-2-3 bonus spreadsheet is on vacation.

OMG I loved Lotus 123, and used it with WordPerfect - I miss both of those programs
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:10 pm

Monday is rolling around soon. Time for everyone to place their bets!!
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
OMG I loved Lotus 123, and used it with WordPerfect - I miss both of those programs
Visicalc guy here.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by c224488
Monday is rolling around soon. Time for everyone to place their bets!!
I'm awaiting promo SQx for 2 flights taken on Sep 29. Nothing so far.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm awaiting promo SQx for 2 flights taken on Sep 29. Nothing so far.
Also waiting for Sep 29 - which will give me SE for the first time.

I just received a manual credit adjustment for my Sep 30 LHR-YVR flight that was cancelled and rebooked on Oct 1. I wrote in about this stating because it was AC fault for the cancellation that I should receive the bonus for the cancelled Sep 30 flight. They agreed.

Ron.
capedreamer and c224488 like this.

Last edited by newfbc; Oct 17, 2022 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc

I just received a manual credit adjustment for my Sep 30 LHR-YVR flight that was cancelled and rebooked on Oct 1. I wrote in about this stating because it was AC fault for the cancellation that I should receive the bonus for the cancelled Sep 30 flight. They agreed.

Ron.
So you got the base and the bonus posted already for the one rebooked on Oct 1?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by newfbc

Ron.
That's impressively quick! I had a flight the week before, and on the 28th where the AQD was credited wrongly and I'm still waiting on the manual adjustment. The AQD adjustment form seems to be a bit of a black hole.

Also waiting on this for SE so you know.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by c224488
So you got the base and the bonus posted already for the one rebooked on Oct 1?
Yep.. For the bonus, 3 separate line items in my transactions - 1 each for SQD SQS and SQM. Labeled 'Adjustment' with no reference to the promotion. They also sent a follow up email.

The base posted rather quickly on its own.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.