Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bennyg2
thanks, yup I saw that in your post history after I asked. Appreciate the response and TIL how to search someone’s post history before I bug them!
no worries!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AC E75K
As some of you know, I had a couple flights on February 20 and 21 for which I haven't received this bonus yet.

Since others reported receiving the bonus for flights taken weeks later, I decided to e-mail AC and inquire. I just heard back that they are aware of an issue and are working on it.

That's all I know for now. I'll report back with any updates. For now, I thought others in the same boat as me might find this helpful.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As some of you know, I had a couple flights on February 20 and 21 for which I haven't received this bonus yet.

Since others reported receiving the bonus for flights taken weeks later, I decided to e-mail AC and inquire. I just heard back that they are aware of an issue and are working on it.

That's all I know for now. I'll report back with any updates. For now, I thought others in the same boat as me might find this helpful.
I think a lot of people are experiencing issues with this (me included). I was just going to wait until May to see if AC figures it all out before writing in.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Same; bonus from Feb 15 flights posted in less than 2 weeks, and only a week after connection actually showed up for the primary credit. Nothing from Feb 21, or early March.
My only concern is making sure I keep track of what hasn't posted.
I find the backdating method where they post the delayed bonus to when you earned it rather than when they processed your account extremely frustrating. Fed up of having to look back multiple months to find if I have missing credits, but that is probably the intent.
unclepants and capedreamer like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
My only concern is making sure I keep track of what hasn't posted.
I understand.

While other solutions may be available, this is another reason that a lot of us keep track of our flights (and corresponding points / miles) in a spreadsheet. Crude, but effective.
capedreamer and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I understand.

While other solutions may be available, this is another reason that a lot of us keep track of our flights (and corresponding points / miles) in a spreadsheet. Crude, but effective.
Agreed, haven't found a better way to track it. It does also allow me to track my expected earnings with my future flights booked to ensure I hit my thresholds for rewards/status/etc.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theranj
Agreed, haven't found a better way to track it. It does also allow me to track my expected earnings with my future flights booked to ensure I hit my thresholds for rewards/status/etc.
The ability to track future flights is why I think it's invaluable. I've toyed around with building some kind of app that would read your posted flights, future PNRs, and allow some kind of manual entry... but it's a lot of work when my spreadsheet already works so well.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
still no bonus SQM or SQD for my flight on February 25th.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Yeah, it's been a couple weeks and I'm behind in these as well.

Missing:
02/25 - SFO-YVR-YWG
02/27 - YWG-YYZ-FRA (BCN)
03/02 - (BCN) ZRH-YYZ-YWG
03/05 - YWG-YVR
03/08 - YVR-YWG

Everything up to mid February posted the bonus pretty quickly too.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I understand.

Even more crude, but still effective, I write every booking down with details in a notebook kept in the desk. Flights get ticked off once credited properly. I just added an extra B to $ flights before April 30 which gets ticked separately.
If I was flying more than my 6-10 legs per month, I would probably start doing it electronically.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Everything up to mid February posted the bonus pretty quickly too.
I don't think I agree with that.

January 1 flights posted on February 18.

The terms say 6-8 weeks.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Fed up of having to look back multiple months to find if I have missing credits, but that is probably the intent.
I suspect that Hanlon's razor is often applicable to AC's IT fails.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I suspect that Hanlon's razor is often applicable to AC's IT fails.
AGREED. Understanding too that Status and Promos are a weird accrual/cash blend when it comes to the AC ledger, but most of us would find it easier to monitor on a purely "cash" basis and close month end knowing which outstanding items to look for in our account next month. Would it really be that hard?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think I agree with that.

January 1 flights posted on February 18.

The terms say 6-8 weeks.

This was flown on Feb. 14 as you can see, and then it posted a few days later but backdated itself to the date of the flight. IDK what to tell you- all my early February stuff has been credited.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
This was flown on Feb. 14 as you can see, and then it posted a few days later but backdated itself to the date of the flight. IDK what to tell you- all my early February stuff has been credited.
The cow wasn't saying everything takes 6-8 weeks, just saying not everything posts quickly. As with so many things AC, it's inconsistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.