Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:56 am

Quick DP, got my bonus SQM posted for my Jan 28 flight, but not my Jan 24. As someone mentioned above, there seems to be no logic behind the dates.
codfather likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Another data point I can confirm. Had a EQD credit for an upgrade copay on an Aeroplan ticket in January. In case there was any ambiguity on this, it did not earn double EQD. Presumably you need some EQM before you get double EQD, assume would be the same for a standard upgrade copay but don’t have any live data points to validate.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Another data point I can confirm. Had a EQD credit for an upgrade copay on an Aeroplan ticket in January. In case there was any ambiguity on this, it did not earn double EQD. Presumably you need some EQM before you get double EQD, assume would be the same for a standard upgrade copay but don’t have any live data points to validate.
I have SQD from an eUp copay that didn't get any bonus (as expected). I have the bonus SQD/SQM from the flights where the eUp (with copay) was applied.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
My flight on Jan. 20th posted and the 100% bonus is on top of the base rate, it does not double the COS bonus. The FAQ at the top of this thread can probably be safely edited now, as I think there are now multiple DPs supporting this.

Also, does anyone know if the Air Canada Vacations part of this promo stacks with the 100% bonus from AC flights?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Dave510
My flight on Jan. 20th posted and the 100% bonus is on top of the base rate, it does not double the COS bonus. The FAQ at the top of this thread can probably be safely edited now, as I think there are now multiple DPs supporting this.
@Dave510 Wikis can be updated by anyone with 90 posts and 90 days on FT...
Dave510 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So, the promo reads:
  • The number of Bonus SQM/SQS/SQD will depend on the fare option, booking class and distance travelled for each individual Eligible Scheduled Flight flown. Learn more about how to earn on Air Canada flights.

AC appears to be applying the 50% earning rate as the base for doubling for Standard fares but not the 150% earning rate as the base for Business fares. Why is this selective application by AC appropriate? The fare family description makes no mention of a class of service bonus….it simply states the earning rates for various types of fares. If you award effectively a lower bonus for standard then you should award an effectively higher one for business. Alternatively award the same bonus off the actual mileage without regard to the fare earning percentage.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't understand why everyone is so upset over that when it works exactly the same way the elite status bonus has worked forever.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't understand why everyone is so upset over that when it works exactly the same way the elite status bonus has worked forever.
I've been upset about that one for years too
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Also for a promotion no one expected (or had reason to expect) and didn’t require any registration or any other special action. It’s literally free points dropped into our laps and many of us still find a reason to complain.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Not upset here. I think it is a great promo. I was just adding to the data point.

Would COS have been nice...yes
Would it adding to MM be extra nice (considering half a year was lost)...even nicer

However, I appreciate very much what AC is doing with the new AP and I am not upset
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Apologies - have been lurking but got a new laptop and misplaced my password for, um, a month.

Just want to compliment this promotion, which is taking things to a whole new level for us.
My own totals are already in the stratosphere from the rollover/cc effects - not quite "cow level", but still 260K right now, so higher than I have ever seen and will ever see again. (Banked SE seems a bit redundant, but nice to have in the back pocket)
Anyways ....thanks largely to this promo, "Mrs Chriscol" is probably headed for SE on her own this year (currently 25K), though she does not know it yet. Also, to be fair, she may not particularly care, but I do. Game on.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've been upset about that one for years too
Must be rough, on all those Standard flights you're on...
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
How should I maximize banked SE Status for 2023/24?

Between the rollover promotion and Accelerate Your Way to Status promotions, I will reach SE for the first time in several years (by early summer). In fact, I will have banked SE status for 2024 (hitting the 250K mark by the end of autumn).

What should be my booking strategy be for 2023 and 2024?

Do I load up on 2023 flights to maximize the 100% Aeroplan points benefit? What happens to my 2023 SQMs and SQDs? Do they carry over to 2024?

Or should I focus more on 2024 in order to qualify for 2025 status - be it 50K or 75K (I won't be able to hit the $20K SQD)?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
My flights for 17 Feb have posted with COS bonus but no 100% bonus from this promo.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
I got the bonus SQD, SQM, and SQS for one flight on Jan 5th, but nothing for my flight on Jan 4th.

More travel coming up in the next 3 weeks. As usual I feel that I am going to have to write in and convince AC that the bonus points have not been applied correctly - but may as well wait until the promo is over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.